Through Ticketmaster the average price of a ticket for spectators for one of the six games in the best-of-seven series that the two finalists played was $2959. As expected, all 6 games in the series were sold out at the Chase Center in San Francisco and TD Garden in Boston. In total 93,596 spectators attended the 6 games and saw the Golden State Warriors win the series to overcome the Boston Celtics and become NBA Champions. In the United States, an average audience of 12.4 million viewers on ABC tuned in to watch the six-game series. ABC viewership did see a 22% rise year-over-year, averaging 12.4 million viewers. Despite this increase in viewership, the NBA would have been hoping for even higher audiences for the 6-game series especially in the United States, as the league is hoping to attract as many broadcasters as possible for the next round of America television rights deals after the 2024-25 season. The NBA’s current sponsorship deals generate annual incomes ranging from $157 million a year from 2K to $100,000 a year from Titanomachy. The total estimated annual value from the sponsors of the 2021-2022 NBA was $974.05 million. Champions the Golden State Warriors won $3.8 million of the total prize pool. Team members of the Golden State Warriors took home $270,000, which is $120,000 more than the members of the Los Angeles Rams who were victorious at Super Bowl LVI.
Key HighlightsIn the United States, ABC did see a viewership increase compared to previous years as the series attracted 22% more viewers, year-on-year, averaging 12.4 million viewers. Viewership for game 6 peaked at 11:15 p.m. ET with a reported audience of 16.8 million viewers. Game 6 was also able to attain an audience 75% higher than its closest competition on television. The NBA’s biggest sponsorship deal is from 2K, the video game developer, worth an estimated $157 million annually according to the publisher, over a seven-year period. The deal allows 2K to continue to produce the 2K NBA video game franchise. The 2022 NBA Championships had on offer a total of $27.5 million. This includes roughly $3.8 million going to the NBA Final Champions the Golden State Warriors.
- This report provides an overview of the event including its Sponsorship Portfolio, Broadcasters, Prize Money, Player Profile & Sponsorship Attendance and Ticketing. An analysis of the 2022 NBA Final’s sponsors is included and the estimated annual values for some of these deals. Information regarding the events ticketing pricing and allocation is also included.
Reasons to Buy
- For those wanting an in-depth analysis of how the 2022 NBA Finals performed, in the sense of both business and popularity.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Insight into the 2022 NBA Finals Broadcasters Breakdown in North America
- The 2022 NBA Finals Broadcasters Breakdown in Europe
- The 2022 NBA Finals Broadcasters Breakdown Across the Rest of the World
- The 2022 NBA Finals Annual Sponsorship Breakdown
- The 2022 NBA Finals Annual Sponsorship Breakdown Continued
- Player Profile & Sponsorship
- The 2022 NBA Finals Most Valuable Player (MVP) Player Profile - Stephen Curry
- Prize Money
- The 2022 NBA Finals Prize Money Breakdown
- Attendance and Ticketing
- The 2022 NBA Finals Attendance and Ticketing Breakdown
- Contact the Publisher
- About the Publisher
- Contact the Publisher - a global network of offices
List of Tables
- Slide 7 - The table shows the 2022 NBA Finals Broadcasters Breakdown in North America.
- Slide 8 - The table shows the 2022 NBA Finals Broadcasters Breakdown in Europe
- Slide 9 - The table shows the 2022 NBA Finals Broadcasters Breakdown Across the Rest of the World
- Slide 12 - The table shows the 2022 NBA Finals Annual Sponsorship Breakdown
- Slide 13 - The table shows the 2022 NBA Finals Annual Sponsorship Breakdown Continued
- Slide 19 - The tables shows the 2022 NBA Finals Attendance and Ticketing Breakdown
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- 2K Sports
- Foot Locker
- New Era
- Kaiser Permanente
- Taco Bell
- Intesa Sanpaolo
- Under Armour