The total telecom and pay-TV service revenues will decline at a CAGR of 0.1% over the 2022-2027 period, from $14.2 billion in 2022 to $14.1 billion in 2027, due to decline in mobile voice, fixed voice and mobile messaging revenue. Mobile data services revenues will grow from $4.6 billion in 2022 to $6.4 billion in 2027, at a CAGR of 6.8% over 2022-2027, driven by growing mobile internet subscriptions, increasing consumption of 4G mobile data services and subsequent rise in mobile data service ARPU.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Russia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, DTT migration, IoT regulations, etc.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Russia will decline at a CAGR of 0.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027, to reach $14.1 billion in 2027.
- Mobile data services revenues will grow at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period 2022-2027, to reach $6.4 billion in 2027, driven by increasing data ARPS as 4G/5G adoption and smartphone-bundled plans drive up revenues per user and the growing popularity of OTT and social media services increases demand for higher-ARPU high-usage packages.
- Fixed broadband service revenue will increase at a CAGR of 0.6% over 2022-2027, supported by growing fiber-optic subscriptions over the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Russia's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Russia's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Russia's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Russia.
Table of Contents
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Tele2 Russia
- NTV Plus Russia
- Tricolour TV
- Orion Express