The Global Topical Drug Delivery Market is estimated to be USD 105.16 Bn in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 144.21 Bn by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.52%.
Various non-invasive administrations of transdermal drug delivery systems have recently emerged as an alternative to conventional needle injections
Market DynamicsMarket dynamics are forces that impact the prices and behaviors of the stakeholders. These forces create pricing signals which result from the changes in the supply and demand curves for a given product or service. Forces of Market Dynamics may be related to macro-economic and micro-economic factors. There are dynamic market forces other than price, demand, and supply. Human emotions can also drive decisions, influence the market, and create price signals.
As the market dynamics impact the supply and demand curves, decision-makers aim to determine the best way to use various financial tools to stem various strategies for speeding growth and reducing risks.
Market SegmentationsThe Global Topical Drug Delivery Market is segmented based on Products, Route to Administrations, End-Users, and Geography.
- By Products, the market is classified into Liquid formulations, Semi-Solid formulations, Solid formulations, and Transdermal Products.
- By Route to Administrations, the market is classified into Dermal Drug Delivery, Nasal Drug Delivery, Ophthalmic Drug Delivery, Rectal Drug Delivery, and Vaginal Drug Delivery.
- By End-Users, the market is classified into Burn Centers, Home Care Settings, and Hospitals and Clinics.
- By Geography, the market is classified into Americas, Europe, Middle-East & Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
Company ProfilesThe report provides a detailed analysis of the competitors in the market. It covers the financial performance analysis for publicly listed companies in the market. The report also offers detailed information on the companies' recent development and competitive scenario. Some of the companies covered in this report are 3M, Bristol Myers Squibb Co., Cipla Ltd., Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Pfizer Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., The Lubrizol Corp., Viatris Inc., etc.
- America (Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, United States, Rest of Americas)
- Europe (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Rest of Europe)
- Middle-East and Africa (Egypt, Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Rest of MEA)
- Asia-Pacific (Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Taiwan, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
Competitive QuadrantThe report includes Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Ansoff AnalysisThe report presents a detailed Ansoff matrix analysis for the Global Topical Drug Delivery Market. Ansoff Matrix, also known as the Product/Market Expansion Grid, is a strategic tool used to design strategies for the growth of the company. The matrix can be used to evaluate approaches in four strategies viz. Market Development, Market Penetration, Product Development and Diversification. The matrix is also used for risk analysis to understand the risk involved with each approach.
The analyst analyses the Global Topical Drug Delivery Market using the Ansoff Matrix to provide the best approaches a company can take to improve its market position.
Based on the SWOT analysis conducted on the industry and industry players, the analyst has devised suitable strategies for market growth.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Topical Drug Delivery Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes an in-depth market analysis using Porter's 5 forces model and the Ansoff Matrix. In addition, the impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also includes the regulatory scenario in the industry, which will help you make a well-informed decision. The report discusses major regulatory bodies and major rules and regulations imposed on this sector across various geographies.
- The report also contains a competitive analysis using Positioning Quadrants, the analyst's competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including the parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
What is the estimated value of the Global Topical Drug Delivery Market?
What is the growth rate of the Global Topical Drug Delivery Market?
What is the forecasted size of the Global Topical Drug Delivery Market?
Who are the key companies in the Global Topical Drug Delivery Market?
|No. of Pages||203|
|Forecast Period||2022 - 2027|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD
||USD 105.16 Billion|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD
||USD 144.21 Billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||6.5%|
|No. of Companies Mentioned||24|
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Stakeholders
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.2.3 IGR Models
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.3.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.3.2 Top-Down Approach
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3.2 Market Size, Segmentations, and Outlook
4.1.1 Increasing Prevelance of Various Diseases such as Skin Diseases, Eye Diseases, Burn Injuries, and Diabetes
4.1.2 Increase in Self-Medication as a Popular Practice
4.1.3 Switching From Conventional Needle Injections To Transdermal Patches
4.2.1 Preference for Alternative Modes of Drug Delivery
4.3.1 Delivery of Biologics Through the Transdermal Route
4.3.2 Self-Administration and Home Care
4.4.1 Continuous Irritation of Skin and Allergies
5.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
5.5 PESTLE Analysis
6.2 Liquid formulations
6.3 Semi-Solid formulations
6.4 Solid Formulations
6.5 Transdermal Products
6.5.1 Transdermal Patches
6.5.2 Transdermal Semi-Solids
7.2 Dermal Drug Delivery
7.3 Nasal Drug Delivery
7.4 Ophthalmic Drug Delivery
7.5 Rectal Drug Delivery
7.6 Vaginal Drug Delivery
8.2 Burn Centers
8.3 Home Care Settings
8.4 Hospitals and Clinics
9.9 United States
9.10 Rest of Americas
10.16 United Kingdom
10.17 Rest of Europe
11.5 Saudi Arabia
11.6 South Africa
11.7 United Arab Emirates
11.8 Rest of MEA
12.11 South Korea
12.12 Sri Lanka
12.15 Rest of Asia-Pacific
13.2 Market Share Analysis
13.3 Strategic Initiatives
13.3.1 M&A and Investments
13.3.2 Partnerships and Collaborations
13.3.3 Product Developments and Improvements
14.2 Abbvie Inc.
14.3 Absorption Systems LLC
14.4 Bayer AG
14.5 Boehringer Ingelheim International
14.6 Bristol Myers Squibb Co.
14.7 Cipla Ltd.
14.8 CMP Pharma, Inc.
14.9 Galderma S.A.
14.10 GlaxoSmithKline PLC
14.11 Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
14.12 Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc.
14.13 Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
14.14 Lavipharm S.A.
14.15 MedPharm Ltd.
14.16 Merck & Co., Inc.
14.17 Mylan N.V.
14.18 Novartis International AG
14.19 Pfizer Inc.
14.20 Prosolus Inc.
14.21 Rusan Pharma Ltd.
14.22 Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
14.23 The Lubrizol Corp.
14.24 Viatris Inc.
- Abbvie Inc.
- Absorption Systems LLC
- Bayer AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim International
- Bristol Myers Squibb Co.
- Cipla Ltd.
- CMP Pharma, Inc.
- Galderma S.A.
- Glaxosmithkline PLC
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
- Lavipharm S.A.
- MedPharm Ltd.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis International AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Prosolus Inc.
- Rusan Pharma Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- The Lubrizol Corp.
- Viatris Inc.