In the rapidly evolving world of data management and processing, Edge computing plays a crucial role in transforming the way businesses operate, providing latency-sensitive computing, and delivering faster insights. As decision-making and operations become more data-driven, understanding the value and potential of Edge computing is absolutely critical to staying competitive.
This comprehensive market research report offers you an in-depth analysis of edge data centers, covering key strategic imperatives, technological shifts, and service provider initiatives. The report will shine a light on vital aspects of edge computing, including innovative ways to enhance value to customers through strategic implementation of edge data centers. This includes the role of hyperscale colocation service providers and their strategies, opening doors to an entirely new segment of service providers. Finally, you’ll gain unique insights into global growth opportunities and the way forward. Armed with this knowledge, senior executives like you will be better prepared to capitalize on the opportunities that Edge computing offers for your business.
5G, IOT, and the Need for Low Latency Use Cases Drive Future Growth Potential
Edge computing refers to moving data processing and computing as close to the data source/ point of origination as feasible, enabling near-real-time decisions and insights to drive better outcomes. The goal is to reduce latency while still ensuring high efficiency of networks, operations, service delivery, and user experience.
Edge computing allows latency-sensitive computing and increased business agility through better management and faster insights by placing computing closer to the data source.
Edge data centers will play a pivotal role in delivering low latency services to users outside metro cities. This push will also drive hyperscale colocation service providers to define their strategy for edge and create a whole new segment of service providers that build and operate new edge data center facilities. Forward-looking service providers will be able to rapidly enhance value for their customers by connecting centralized colocation capabilities with edge data centers within the same country or region.
This report includes a global overview of the edge data center growth opportunities; it includes strategic imperatives, a detailed overview of edge computing, technological shifts that accelerate the requirement for edge data centers, service provider initiatives, the way forward, and growth opportunities.
Table of Contents
- Why Is It Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative 8™
- Impact of the Top 3 Strategic Imperatives on the Data Center Market
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine™
- Background-Computing Revolutions
- Defining the Digital Edge
- Data Center Ecosystem
- Transformational Levers Driving the Need for a New Architecture
- 5G and Networking Attributes
- Use Cases that Rely on Lower Latency of 5G
- Functional Use Cases that Rely on Lower Latency
- IoT and the Requirement for Decentralized Data Processing
- Online Video & OTT Delivery is Dependent on Low Latency Infrastructure
- Edge Data Center and the New Architecture
- Pillars of Edge Data Center Strategy
- Service Provider Segments Focusing on Edge
- Recent Edge Developments, 2020-2022
- Mergers and Acquisitions, 2021 and 2022
- Data Storing and Processing at the Edge
- Hybrid Strategy
- The Shift Toward Edge Architecture
- Key Questions to Consider
- Building New Capabilities
- Growth Opportunity 1: Edge Data Center for Colocation Services
- Growth Opportunity 2: Edge Advisory Services for Enterprise Architecture
- List of Exhibits
- Legal Disclaimer