A measurement method for the interaction between light and matter is spectrometry. Additionally, it is employed for spectral analysis and the measurement of radiation wavelength and intensity. In the field of medicine, spectroscopic techniques such as magnetic resonance images and Fourier transform infrared scanning are employed for illness diagnosis. Due to their superior sensitivity, low noise, and higher quantum efficiency compared to their competitors, back-illuminated CCDs are the most popular choice for spectroscopy.
Heart rate (HR) sensors use spectrometric CCDs. Deep-depletion HR sensors are made of high-resistivity silicon to attain high efﬁciency in the near-infrared band. Four times the thicker depleting area in silicon is produced at 1000 nm, increasing quantum efficiency by two to four times. These sensors are controlled with wells completely depleted of electrons for high spatial resolution by providing a bias voltage at gate terminals.
Dual-port cameras for HR sensors can run at a speed of 16 MHz. Indium gallium arsenide is the ideal material for this range because Si-based CCDs have operational restrictions above roughly 1100 nm in wavelength (InGaAs). The InGaAs-based CCDs can function in the 850-1700 nm wavelength range. However, compared to silicon, they have a substantially higher dark current.
Spectrometry in the IR area has several special challenges. Due to the region's inherent low energy, the spectrometer's energy transfer must be enhanced. Many substances that are transparent to the visible spectrum cannot transmit infrared light; optical glass, for instance, is IR-opaque, necessitating the use of specialized substances like nanocrystals of NaCl, KBr, or AgCl for window materials. Water is a strong absorber and is therefore not a good solvent. The most frequently used region is where blackbody radiation from the spectrometer's components peaks and this region also has a large backdrop of stray radiation.
COVID-19 Impact AnalysisThe market for mass spectrometry was significantly impacted by the unanticipated COVID-19 pandemic. Spectrometry is widely accepted in test applications in the pharmaceutical, food & beverage, and biological research sectors. The creation of new pharmaceuticals, the repurposing of new drugs, and the rise in pharmaceutical product production have all led to a greater need for safety and quality controls in the pharmaceutical sector. Spectrometry is becoming more and more popular in various industries due to stringent government requirements and rising quality maintenance demands.
Market Growth Factors
R&D Investments Are Rising in The Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical SectorsOver the past two decades, pharmaceutical corporations have dramatically expanded their R&D spending. Investments in important areas like biopharmaceuticals and customized medicine are what fuel research in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. From the early stages of drug discovery to late-stage research and clinical trials, mass spectrometry is essential to the pharmaceutical business. Consequently, it is anticipated that rising financing in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors will fuel the expansion of the spectrometry market.
Opportunities for Growth in Emerging NationsThe mass spectrometry market has numerous potentials to expand in developing nations like China and India. Due to the Greenfield projects being established in numerous end-user sectors in these two nations, China and India together produce a significant amount of interest in single mass spectrometers and mixed spectrometry equipment. Strong biopharmaceutical industries exist in these nations, and it is anticipated that they will play a significant role in the expansion of the spectrometry and chromatography industries.
Marketing Restraining Factor:
The Price of Premium Products Is Too HighSince spectrometry equipment includes cutting-edge features and functions, their cost is higher. In addition to the system's purchase price, the system's cost to conform to industry norms is also highly costly. The need for mass spectrometers has increased over time as a result of technological developments and improved operating efficiency. However, system costs have gone up due to technical advancements. The cost of a spectrometer affects end customers' choice to buy it. Because pharmaceutical businesses need so many of these systems, the capital cost rises dramatically.
Type OutlookBased on the Type, the Spectrometry Market is segmented into Molecular Spectrometry, Mass Spectrometry, and Atomic Spectrometry. The mass spectrometry segment witnessed a significant revenue share in the spectrometry market in 2021. MS is a potent instrument frequently employed in forensic, biotechnology, pharmacological, and clinical research for the examination of a broad spectrum of compounds. Mass spectroscopy process improvements have made it possible to offer test findings quickly and with excellent resolution.
End-user OutlookOn the basis of End-User, the Spectrometry Market is divided into Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Government, Research & Academic Institutes, and Others. The pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies segment procured the largest revenue share in the spectrometry market in 2021. It is because the equipment is essential for accurate, high-caliber results. Ultraviolet (UV) spectrophotometry is the best method for detecting and contrasting organic compounds.
Regional OutlookRegion-wise, the Spectrometry Market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. The North America segment garnered the highest revenue share in the spectrometry market in 2021. This is due to a sizable number of important firms, including Thermo Fisher Scientific, Agilent Technologies, Waters Corporation, and others, being present in the area. In addition, numerous groups and organizations are functioning in this area that works to develop and promote cutting-edge spectrometry products and technology.
The Cardinal Matrix - Spectrometry Market Competition Analysis
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product Launches. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. is the major forerunner in the Spectrometry Market. Companies such as Agilent Technologies, Inc., PerkinElmer, Inc., Bruker Corporation are some of the key innovators in Spectrometry Market.
The market research report covers the analysis of key stakeholders of the market. Key companies profiled in the report include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Danaher Corporation, Agilent Technologies, Inc., Shimadzu Corporation, PerkinElmer, Inc., Endress+Hauser AG, LECO Corporation, Waters Corporation, Bruker Corporation and Kore Technology Ltd.
Strategies Deployed in Spectrometry Market
Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements:
- Aug-2022: Agilent Technologies joined hands with Bright Giant, which manufactures optoelectronic devices to source, detect and control light. Through this collaboration, the companies aimed to launch improved non-targeted metabolomics workflows utilizing AI-based methods and assign scientists to make impactful novel discoveries. Additionally, This collaboration focused on integrating Bright Giant’s expertise in artificial intelligence solutions for small molecule analysis with Agilent’s state-of-the-art mass spectrometry technology.
- Jun-2022: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, and TransMIT GmbH Center for Mass Spectrometric Developments have announced a co-marketing agreement to promote the use of a mass spectrometry imaging (MSI) platform for spatial multi-omics applications in pharma and clinical labs. This co-marketing agreement will provide integrated solutions for mass spectrometry imaging, offering a label-free approach to map the distribution of a wide range of both known and unknown compounds directly sampled from biological tissue.
Acquisition & Mergers:
- Apr-2022: Bruker Corporation completed the acquisition of IonSense, the developer of ambient DART ionization technology. This acquisition would ultimately allow more consumers to have access to the power of mass spectrometry for today’s analytical requirements.
- Mar-2022: Thermo Fisher Scientific, has acquired Max Analytical Technologies. Max Analytical has developed Fourier-transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy -based gas analysis solutions for process monitoring, source testing, and ambient air monitoring. Its systems are used extensively in semiconductor manufacturing, industrial process monitoring, and environmental health and safety applications. The Max Analytical portfolio complements Thermo Fisher’s line of FT-IR instruments, software, and services, and expands the breadth of Thermo’s vibrational spectroscopy products.
- Feb-2022: Agilent Technologies took over ACIES, advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technology designed by Virtual Control. With this acquisition, Agilent would combine the software into its gas chromatography and mass spectrometry (GS/MS) platforms to enhance productivity, performance, and precision. Additionally, Agilent acquired the software and other assets associated with ACIES as part of the transaction, and the main members of the ACIES team also evolved into Agilent employees.
Product Launch and Product Expansion:
- Aug-2022: Shimadzu Europe introduced IRXross Fourier-transform infrared (FTIR) spectrophotometer. The FTIR model delivers outstanding top-level performance, along with an exceptional S/N ratio, resolution, measurement pace, and relief of use. Moreover, operator’s unknown with FTIR spectrophotometry can simply analyze samples by easily determining the objective of the analysis and the extension they are utilizing.
- Jun-2022: Agilent Technologies introduced 6475 triple quadrupoles LC/MS system, 5977C GC/MSD, plus the 7000E GC/TQ and the 7010C GC/TQ describe the advanced revolution in Agilent’s 50-plus year history in mass spectrometry. The latest LC/TQ and GC/TQ products present built-in instrument intelligence to streamline lab procedures. Additionally, these new innovative and intelligent LC/MS and GC/MS systems are developed to create the lives of the consumer more comfortable.
- Jun-2022: Waters Corporation introduced the latest instruments, software, and product improvements. This launch includes the new Xevo G3 quadrupole time-of-flight (QTof) mass spectrometer, Waters SELECT SERIES Multi-Reflecting Time of Flight (MRT) mass spectrometer, and CONFIRM Sequence - a new oligonucleotide sequencing validation software for the waters_connect software platform and an electrospray ionization origin for the high-resolution.
- Jun-2022: Bruker Corporation launched XFlash 7 detector series for its QUANTAXTM energy dispersive X-ray spectrometer (EDS) systems. The system permits chemical analysis of material models in electron microscopes with maximum pace, dependability, and sensitivity. Moreover, with many unique and new elements, XFlash 7 consumers in academic and industrial research would benefit from higher productivity, additional increased analytical performance, and lower price of ownership.
- Jun-2022: Bruker Corporation unveiled DART-EVOQ triple quadrupole mass spectrometer for high-throughput quantitative analyses. The DART-EVOQ does not demand chromatography separations for applied industry analysis in food/beverage, environmental, industrial, forensics, security, and pharmaceutical workflows. Additionally, Bruker reveals the first applications with the launch of the DART-EVOQ system that expands relevance and performance for fast PoN mass spec measurements.
- Jun-2022: Shimadzu launched Shimadzu LCMS-2050 high-performance liquid chromatograph mass spectrometer. The Shimadzu LCMS-2050 is utilized for development and research, and quality management in fields including chemistry, pharmaceuticals, and food. Moreover, the single quadrupole LC-MS attains a user-friendly interface, heightened basic performance, and a packed structure.
- Jun-2022: PerkinElmer introduced the GC 2400 Platform, an advanced, automated gas chromatography (GC), headspace sampler, and GC/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) solution. The GC 2400 Platform is designed to assist lab teams to streamline lab operations, forcing accurate results, and performing more adaptable monitoring. Additionally, the automated GC 2400 Platform permits teams at any expertise level to better supervise and monitor their GC analyses from the sample via results so they can concentrate on high-value actions in their businesses and labs.
- Apr-2022: Waters Corporation launched the Xevo TQ Absolute system, the most precise and packed benchtop tandem mass spec in its category. The new high-performance mass spectrometer is up to 15X more sensitive for quantifying negatively ionizing compounds than its precursor and is 45% less and operates up to 50% smaller electricity and gas supply than further high-performance tandem quadrupole mass spectrometers open in the industry. Additionally, this is accomplished with a new direction on optimal probe positioning for both robustness and sensitivity and source protection that helps miscalculate source contaminants by the sample matrix or mobile phase salts.
- Feb-2022: Thermo Fisher Scientific introduced SureSTART, a new suite Of Chromatography And Mass Spectrometry Consumables. The new portfolio contains a new cluster of caps, vials, kits, inserts, well plates, and mats that enhances analytical performance and sample safety for chromatography and mass spectrometry consumer in routine and research laboratories, through a various range of sectors including pharma, clinical, biopharma, food, academia and environmental. Moreover, SureSTART consumables are developed from high-quality materials that fulfill both the performance and price needs of consumers, delivering the assurance they require to analyze difficult analytes.
- Sep-2021: Thermo Fisher unveiled Thermo Scientific Delta Q Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometer. Advanced net zero mass spectrometers are developed to allow precise analysis with tremendous accuracy and precision. Moreover, with enhanced specifications, such as an advancement in software to Qtegra ISDS to dramatically enhance ease-of-use and laboratory productivity, the system's carbon footprint would be neutralized, permitting scientists to carry out their work while decreasing their environmental effects.
Scope of the Study
- Molecular Spectrometry
- Mass Spectrometry
- Atomic Spectrometry
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Government, Research & Academic Institutions
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Shimadzu Corporation
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Endress+Hauser AG
- LECO Corporation
- Waters Corporation
- Bruker Corporation
- Kore Technology Ltd.
- Exhaustive coverage
- The highest number of market tables and figures
- Subscription-based model available
- Guaranteed best price
- Assured post sales research support with 10% customization free
What is the estimated value of the Global Spectrometry Market?
What is the growth rate of the Global Spectrometry Market?
What is the forecasted size of the Global Spectrometry Market?
Who are the key companies in the Global Spectrometry Market?
|No. of Pages||171|
|Forecast Period||2021 - 2028|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD ||$ 10930 Million|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD ||$ 15763 Million|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||5.6%|
|No. of Companies Mentioned||10|
Table of Contents
1.3 Market Scope
1.4.1 Global Spectrometry Market, by Type
1.4.2 Global Spectrometry Market, by End-user
1.4.3 Global Spectrometry Market, by Geography
1.5 Research Methodology
18.104.22.168 Market Composition & Scenarios
2.2 Key Factors Impacting the Market
2.2.1 Market Drivers
2.2.2 Market Restraints
3.2 Recent Industry Wide Strategic Developments
3.2.1 Partnerships, Collaborations and Agreements
3.2.2 Product Launches and Product Expansions
3.2.3 Acquisition and Mergers
3.3 Top Winning Strategies
3.3.1 Key Leading Strategies: Percentage Distribution (2018-2022)
3.3.2 Key Strategic Move: (Product Launches and Product Expansions : 2018, Jul - 2022, Aug) Leading Players
4.2 Global Mass Spectrometry Market by Region
4.3 Global Atomic Spectrometry Market by Region
5.2 Global Government, Research & Academic Institutions Market by Region
5.3 Global Others Market by Region
6.1.1 North America Spectrometry Market by Type
22.214.171.124 North America Molecular Spectrometry Market by Country
126.96.36.199 North America Mass Spectrometry Market by Country
188.8.131.52 North America Atomic Spectrometry Market by Country
6.1.2 North America Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 North America Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies Market by Country
220.127.116.11 North America Government, Research & Academic Institutions Market by Country
18.104.22.168 North America Others Market by Country
6.1.3 North America Spectrometry Market by Country
22.214.171.124 US Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 US Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 US Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 Canada Spectrometry Market
220.127.116.11.1 Canada Spectrometry Market by Type
18.104.22.168.2 Canada Spectrometry Market by End-user
22.214.171.124 Mexico Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 Mexico Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 Mexico Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America Spectrometry Market
220.127.116.11.1 Rest of North America Spectrometry Market by Type
18.104.22.168.2 Rest of North America Spectrometry Market by End-user
6.2 Europe Spectrometry Market
6.2.1 Europe Spectrometry Market by Type
22.214.171.124 Europe Molecular Spectrometry Market by Country
126.96.36.199 Europe Mass Spectrometry Market by Country
188.8.131.52 Europe Atomic Spectrometry Market by Country
6.2.2 Europe Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 Europe Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies Market by Country
220.127.116.11 Europe Government, Research & Academic Institutions Market by Country
18.104.22.168 Europe Others Market by Country
6.2.3 Europe Spectrometry Market by Country
22.214.171.124 Germany Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 Germany Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 Germany Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 UK Spectrometry Market
220.127.116.11.1 UK Spectrometry Market by Type
18.104.22.168.2 UK Spectrometry Market by End-user
22.214.171.124 France Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 France Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 France Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 Russia Spectrometry Market
220.127.116.11.1 Russia Spectrometry Market by Type
18.104.22.168.2 Russia Spectrometry Market by End-user
22.214.171.124 Spain Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 Spain Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 Spain Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 Italy Spectrometry Market
220.127.116.11.1 Italy Spectrometry Market by Type
18.104.22.168.2 Italy Spectrometry Market by End-user
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 Rest of Europe Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 Rest of Europe Spectrometry Market by End-user
6.3 Asia Pacific Spectrometry Market
6.3.1 Asia Pacific Spectrometry Market by Type
184.108.40.206 Asia Pacific Molecular Spectrometry Market by Country
220.127.116.11 Asia Pacific Mass Spectrometry Market by Country
18.104.22.168 Asia Pacific Atomic Spectrometry Market by Country
6.3.2 Asia Pacific Spectrometry Market by End-user
22.214.171.124 Asia Pacific Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies Market by Country
126.96.36.199 Asia Pacific Government, Research & Academic Institutions Market by Country
188.8.131.52 Asia Pacific Others Market by Country
6.3.3 Asia Pacific Spectrometry Market by Country
184.108.40.206 China Spectrometry Market
220.127.116.11.1 China Spectrometry Market by Type
18.104.22.168.2 China Spectrometry Market by End-user
22.214.171.124 Japan Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 Japan Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 Japan Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 India Spectrometry Market
220.127.116.11.1 India Spectrometry Market by Type
18.104.22.168.2 India Spectrometry Market by End-user
22.214.171.124 South Korea Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 South Korea Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 South Korea Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 Singapore Spectrometry Market
220.127.116.11.1 Singapore Spectrometry Market by Type
18.104.22.168.2 Singapore Spectrometry Market by End-user
22.214.171.124 Malaysia Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 Malaysia Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 Malaysia Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia Pacific Spectrometry Market
220.127.116.11.1 Rest of Asia Pacific Spectrometry Market by Type
18.104.22.168.2 Rest of Asia Pacific Spectrometry Market by End-user
6.4 LAMEA Spectrometry Market
6.4.1 LAMEA Spectrometry Market by Type
22.214.171.124 LAMEA Molecular Spectrometry Market by Country
126.96.36.199 LAMEA Mass Spectrometry Market by Country
188.8.131.52 LAMEA Atomic Spectrometry Market by Country
6.4.2 LAMEA Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 LAMEA Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies Market by Country
220.127.116.11 LAMEA Government, Research & Academic Institutions Market by Country
18.104.22.168 LAMEA Others Market by Country
6.4.3 LAMEA Spectrometry Market by Country
22.214.171.124 Brazil Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 Brazil Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 Brazil Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 Argentina Spectrometry Market
220.127.116.11.1 Argentina Spectrometry Market by Type
18.104.22.168.2 Argentina Spectrometry Market by End-user
22.214.171.124 UAE Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 UAE Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 UAE Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia Spectrometry Market
220.127.116.11.1 Saudi Arabia Spectrometry Market by Type
18.104.22.168.2 Saudi Arabia Spectrometry Market by End-user
22.214.171.124 South Africa Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 South Africa Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 South Africa Spectrometry Market by End-user
184.108.40.206 Nigeria Spectrometry Market
220.127.116.11.1 Nigeria Spectrometry Market by Type
18.104.22.168.2 Nigeria Spectrometry Market by End-user
22.214.171.124 Rest of LAMEA Spectrometry Market
126.96.36.199.1 Rest of LAMEA Spectrometry Market by Type
188.8.131.52.2 Rest of LAMEA Spectrometry Market by End-user
7.1.1 Company Overview
7.1.2 Financial Analysis
7.1.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.1.4 Research & Development Expense
7.1.5 Recent Strategies and Developments
184.108.40.206 Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements
220.127.116.11 Product Launches and Product Expansions
18.104.22.168 Acquisition and Mergers
7.2 Danaher Corporation
7.2.1 Company Overview
7.2.2 Financial Analysis
7.2.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.2.4 Research & Development Expense
7.3 Agilent Technologies, Inc.
7.3.1 Company Overview
7.3.2 Financial Analysis
7.3.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.3.4 Research & Development Expense
7.3.5 Recent Strategies and Developments
22.214.171.124 Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements
126.96.36.199 Product Launches and Product Expansions
188.8.131.52 Acquisition and Mergers
7.4 Shimadzu Corporation
7.4.1 Company Overview
7.4.2 Financial Analysis
7.4.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.4.4 Recent Strategies and Developments
184.108.40.206 Product Launches and Product Expansions
7.5 PerkinElmer, Inc.
7.5.1 Company Overview
7.5.2 Financial Analysis
7.5.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.5.4 Research & Development Expense
7.5.5 Recent Strategies and Developments
220.127.116.11 Product Launches and Product Expansions
7.6 Endress+Hauser AG
7.6.1 Company Overview
7.7 LECO Corporation
7.7.1 Company Overview
7.8 Waters Corporation
7.8.1 Company Overview
7.8.2 Financial Analysis
7.8.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.8.4 Research & Development Expense
7.8.5 Recent Strategies and Developments
18.104.22.168 Product Launches and Product Expansions
7.9 Bruker Corporation
7.9.1 Company Overview
7.9.2 Financial Analysis
7.9.3 Segmental and Regional Analysis
7.9.4 Research & Development Expense
7.9.5 Recent Strategies and Developments
22.214.171.124 Partnerships, Collaborations, and Agreements
126.96.36.199 Product Launches and Product Expansions
188.8.131.52 Acquisition and Mergers
7.10. Kore Technology Ltd.
7.10.1 Company Overview
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Shimadzu Corporation
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Endress+Hauser AG
- LECO Corporation
- Waters Corporation
- Bruker Corporation
- Kore Technology Ltd.