Etching machine is an important semiconductor processing equipment. Since the technology level of etching machines produced by local Chinese companies is limited, China needs to import a large number of etching machines every year.
In 2021, China imported 2,926 units of etching machines, up 51.76% year-on-year, with an import value of US$5.567 billion, up 82.38% year-on-year. According to the publisher's analysis, from January to October 2022, China imported 1,958 etching machines, down 20.18% year-on-year, with an import value of US$4,002 million, down 15.14% year-on-year.
The publisher analyzes that from 2018-2022, the average import price of etching machines in China shows an overall change of decrease followed by increase. In 2019, the average import price of etching machines in China decreased from US$1,581,600 per unit to US$1,321,000 per unit, down 17.67% y-o-y. From 2019-2022, the average import price of etching machines in China increased continuously.
In 2021, the average price of China's etching machine imports was US$1.928 million per unit, up 20.17% y-o-y. From January to October 2022, the average price of China's etching machine imports was US$2.040 million per unit, up 6.31% y-o-y.
The main types of semiconductor etching machines imported into China are plasma dry etching machines (Plasma Dry Etching) and other etching and stripping equipment. In 2021, China imported 1,945 units of plasma dry etching machines, accounting for 66.47% of total etching machine imports with an import value of US$4.289 billion, accounting for 77.03% of the total import value.
In 2021, China imports etching machines from 13 countries and regions worldwide. The publisher analyzes that the U.S., Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Germany, and Singapore are the major sources of etching machine imports into China by import volume. Among them, the U.S. is the largest source of etching machine imports in China. In 2021, China imports 792 etching machines from the U.S., accounting for 27.07% of the total import volume with an import value of US$1.494 billion, accounting for 26.83% of the total import value.
The publisher expects that in the short term it will be difficult for China's locally manufactured etchers and other semiconductor equipment to cover all the needs of Chinese chip companies, so China's etching machine imports are expected to continue to rise in the 2023-2032 period.
- China's Etching Machine Import Status and Major Sources in 2018-2022
- What is the Impact of COVID-19 on China's Etching Machine Import?
- Which Companies are the Major Players in China's Etching Machine Import Market and What are their Competitive Benchmarks?
- Key Drivers and Market Opportunities in China's Etching Machine Import
- What are the Key Drivers, Challenges, and Opportunities for China's Etching Machine Import during 2023-2032?
- What is the Expected Revenue of China's Etching Machine Import during 2023-2032?
- What are the Strategies Adopted by the Key Players in the Market to Increase Their Market Share in the Industry?
- What are the Competitive Advantages of the Major Players in China's Etching Machine Import Market?
- Which Segment of China's Etching Machine Import is Expected to Dominate the Market in 2032?
- What are the Major Adverse Factors Facing China's Etching Machine Import?
Table of Contents
1.1.1. China's Etching Machine Import Volume
1.1.2. China's Import Value of Etching Machine
1.1.3. Import Price of Etching Machine in China
1.1.4. China's Apparent Consumption of Etching Machine
1.1.5. Import Dependence of Etching Machine in China
1.2. Major Import Sources of Etching Machine in China
1.2.1. By Import Volume
1.2.2. By Import Value
2.2. Import Value of Dry Etching Equipment
2.3 Import Price of Dry Etching Equipment
2.4 Import Dependence of Dry Etching Equipment
2.5 Import Analysis of Various Types of Dry Etching Equipment
2.5.1 Import Volume of Various Types of Dry Etching Equipment
2.5.2. Import Value of Various Types of Dry Etching Equipment
2.5.3 Import Price of Various Types of Dry Etching Equipment
2.6 Import Sources of Dry Etching Equipment
2.6.1. By Import Volume
2.6.2. By Import Value
3.2. Wet Etching Equipment Import Value
3.3 Import Price of Wet Etching Equipment
3.4 Import Dependence of Wet Etching Equipment
3.5 Import Analysis of Various Types of Wet Etching Equipment
3.5.1 Wet Etching Equipment Import Volume by Type
3.5.2 Wet Etching Equipment Import Value by Type
3.5.3. Import Price of Various Wet Etching Equipment
3.6 Import Sources of Wet Etching Equipment
3.6.1. By Import Volume
3.6.2. By Import Value
4.2 Japan Etching Machine Import Analysis
4.3 South Korea Etching Machine Import Analysis
4.4 China Taiwan Etching Machine Import Analysis
4.5 Germany Etching Machine import analysis
4.6. Singapore Etching Machine Import Analysis
4.7. Other Etching Machine Import Analysis
5.1.1 Favorable Factors
5.1.2 Unfavorable Factors
5.2. Import Forecast for Etching Machines in China, 2023-2032
5.2.1. Import Volume Forecast
5.2.2. Forecast of Major Import Sources
5.2.3. Major Import Types of Etching Machines Forecast
Background research defines the range of products and industries, which proposes the key points of the research. Proper classification will help clients understand the industry and products in the report.
Secondhand material research is a necessary way to push the project into fast progress. The analyst always chooses the data source carefully. Most secondhand data they quote is sourced from an authority in a specific industry or public data source from governments, industrial associations, etc. For some new or niche fields, they also "double-check" data sources and logics before they show them to clients.
Primary research is the key to solve questions, which largely influence the research outputs. The analyst may use methods like mathematics, logical reasoning, scenario thinking, to confirm key data and make the data credible.
The data model is an important analysis method. Calculating through data models with different factors weights can guarantee the outputs objective.
The analyst optimizes the following methods and steps in executing research projects and also forms many special information gathering and processing methods.
1. Analyze the life cycle of the industry to understand the development phase and space.
2. Grasp the key indexes evaluating the market to position clients in the market and formulate development plans
3. Economic, political, social and cultural factors
4. Competitors like a mirror that reflects the overall market and also market differences.
5. Inside and outside the industry, upstream and downstream of the industry chain, show inner competitions
6. Proper estimation of the future is good guidance for strategic planning.