Pfizer spent the most on digital display advertising (DDA) for Ibrance.com at approximately $4.4 million, followed by Eli Lilly's Verzenio.com at about $1.8 million. No breast cancer ads were seen for Lynparza.com between November 2021 and October 2022. Keytruda.com was supported by the most paid search engine optimization (SEO), with approximately 4,600 keywords, followed by Lynparza.com at about 800 keywords.
For branded healthcare professional (HCP) sites in the US, Merck & Co's Keytrudahcp.com had the highest traffic with approximately 340,000 total visits. Keytrudahcp.com was supported by the most paid SEO at approximately 1,700 keywords. Keytrudahcp.com and Lynparzahcp.com were the only HCP sites that had DDA spend, but no breast cancer ads were seen between November 2021 and October 2022.
While pharma companies have developed several apps to support breast cancer patients in the US, no recent downloads have been detected. The top 20 breast cancer social media posts by interaction from pharma were from Loxo Lilly Oncology and Eli Lilly corporate social media accounts, with many promoting Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October 2022 and the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium in December 2021.
The only branded sites in EUCAN with detected traffic were Novartis's Kisqali.com and Piqray.com for ex-US HCPs and its Illuminatingabc.co.uk for advanced breast cancer patients in the UK prescribed Piqray.
Like the US, several pharma companies have developed apps for breast cancer patients in EUCAN; however, recent downloads were not detected for the majority of these. Notable apps include Roche's Wikiboop - Cancer Du Sein in France and Novartis's Aktiv Trotz Brustkrebs in Germany. Most of the top 20 social media breast cancer posts by interaction were from MSD Salute Instagram, Pfizer Deutschland Twitter, Pfizer Canada Twitter, MSD Espan~a Twitter, and Amgen Canada Facebook pages.
- This report assesses key digital marketing metrics of pharma assets in BC, including branded websites for patients and HCPs, mobile apps, and social media accounts.
- Metrics include website traffic volume, engagement, and source, DDA, paid SEO, and social media post interaction.
- Countries include the US, 4EU (Italy, France, Germany, and Spain), the UK, and Canada (EUCAN).
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the digital marketing competitive landscape in BC, with a view of leading patient and HCP branded assets across different regions.
- See what tactics pharma companies are using to drive traffic to their BC branded assets for patient and HCPs, such as DDA and paid SEO.
- Understand what sources of website traffic are generating the most visits to these assets, such as paid SEO, social media, or organic searches.
- Compare top branded assets for patients by how they address and support different patient needs.
- See what pharma social media accounts in BC are the most active and achieving the most engagement.
Table of ContentsExecutive Summary
- US Patient Branded Websites
- US HCP Branded Websites
- US Digital Display Advertising and Search Engine Optimization
- US Social Media
- EUCAN Branded Websites
- EUCAN Social Media
- About the Authors
- Contact the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Merck & Co.
- Eli Lilly