- The dairy market consists of retail sales of butter & spreadable fats, cheese, cream, dairy-based & soy-based desserts, drinkable yogurt, fromage frais & quark, milk, milk alternatives (grain, nut, rice, and seed alternatives), soymilk & soy drinks, and yogurt. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant annual average 2021 exchange rates.
- The Australian Dairy market had total revenues of $9,667.9m in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% between 2016 and 2021.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.2% between 2016 and 2021, to reach a total of 3,127.8 million kilograms in 2021.
- The performance of the market is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 6.4% for the five-year period 2021 - 2026, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $13,177.3m by the end of 2026.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the dairy market in Australia
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the dairy market in Australia
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key dairy market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Australia dairy market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Australia dairy market by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the Australia dairy market in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Australia dairy market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Australia's dairy market?
Table of Contents1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market share
1.8. Market rivalry
1.9. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
4.3. Market distribution
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market share
7.2. Who are the leading players in the Australian Dairy market??
7.3. Which companies have been most successful in increasing their market shares in the last 5 years (2016-2021)?
7.4. Which companies’ market shares have suffered over the same period?
7.5. What are the most popular brands in the market?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Bega Cheese Ltd
8.2. Saputo Inc
8.3. Fonterra Foodservices
8.4. Groupe Lactalis SA
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related Research
10.4. About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Australia dairy market value: $ million, 2016-21
Table 2: Australia dairy market volume: million kilograms, 2016-21
Table 3: Australia dairy market category segmentation: $ million, 2021
Table 4: Australia dairy market geography segmentation: $ million, 2021
Table 5: Australia dairy market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Table 6: Australia dairy market value forecast: $ million, 2021-26
Table 7: Australia dairy market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2021-26
Table 8: Australia dairy market share: % share, by value, 2021
Table 9: Bega Cheese Ltd: key facts
Table 10: Bega Cheese Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: Bega Cheese Ltd: Key Employees
Table 12: Saputo Inc: key facts
Table 13: Saputo Inc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 14: Saputo Inc: Key Employees
Table 15: Saputo Inc: Key Employees Continued
Table 16: Fonterra Foodservices: key facts
Table 17: Groupe Lactalis SA: key facts
Table 18: Groupe Lactalis SA: Key Employees
Table 19: Australia size of population (million), 2017-21
Table 20: Australia gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 21: Australia gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 22: Australia inflation, 2017-21
Table 23: Australia consumer price index (absolute), 2017-21
Table 24: Australia exchange rate, 2017-21
List of Figures
Figure 1: Australia dairy market value: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 2: Australia dairy market volume: million kilograms, 2016-21
Figure 3: Australia dairy market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 4: Australia dairy market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 5: Australia dairy market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 6: Australia dairy market value forecast: $ million, 2021-26
Figure 7: Australia dairy market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2021-26
Figure 8: Forces driving competition in the dairy market in Australia, 2021
Figure 9: Drivers of buyer power in the dairy market in Australia, 2021
Figure 10: Drivers of supplier power in the dairy market in Australia, 2021
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the dairy market in Australia, 2021
Figure 12: Australia dairy market share: % share, by value, 2021
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Bega Cheese Ltd
- Saputo Inc
- Fonterra Foodservices
- Groupe Lactalis SA