- The confectionery market consists of the retail sale of chocolate, gum and sugar confectionery products. The chocolate segment consists of all chocolate based products, including boxed chocolates, chocolate countlines, chocolate straightlines, molded bars and novelties. The gum segment consists of all bubble and chewing gum. Moreover, the sugar confectionery products consists of hard boiled sweets, mints, caramels & toffees, gums and jellies, marshmallows, fudges and medicated throat lozenges. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- The global Confectionery market had total revenues of $188,705.3m in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1% between 2016 and 2021.
- Market production volume increased with a CAGR of 1.4% between 2016 and 2021, to reach a total of 14,556.1 million kilograms in 2021.
- The performance of the market is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 4.1% for the five-year period 2021 - 2026, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $230,226.0m by the end of 2026.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the confectionery market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global confectionery market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key confectionery market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global confectionery market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Global confectionery market by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the Global confectionery market in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global confectionery market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global's confectionery market?
Table of Contents1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market share
1.8. Market rivalry
1.9. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
4.3. Market distribution
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market share
7.2. Who are the leading players in the global hot drinks market?
7.3. Which companies have been most successful in increasing their market shares in the last 5 years (2016-2021)?
7.4. Which companies’ market shares have suffered over the same period?
7.5. What are the most popular brands in the market?
7.6. What have been the largest deals in the global confectionery market in recent years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Mars, Incorporated
8.2. Mondelez International, Inc.
8.3. Ferrero Group
8.4. Nestle SA
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related Research
10.4. About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Global confectionery market value: $ million, 2016-21
Table 2: Global confectionery market volume: million Kilograms, 2016-21
Table 3: Global confectionery market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2016-2021
Table 4: Global confectionery market category segmentation: $ million, 2016-2021
Table 5: Global confectionery market geography segmentation: $ million, 2021
Table 6: Global confectionery market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Table 7: Global confectionery market value forecast: $ million, 2021-26
Table 8: Global confectionery market volume forecast: million Kilograms, 2021-26
Table 9: Global confectionery market share: % share, by value, 2021
Table 10: Mars, Incorporated: key facts
Table 11: Mars, Incorporated: Key Employees
Table 12: Mondelez International, Inc.: key facts
Table 13: Mondelez International, Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 14: Mondelez International, Inc.: Key Employees
Table 15: Mondelez International, Inc.: Key Employees Continued
Table 16: Ferrero Group: key facts
Table 17: Ferrero Group: Key Employees
Table 18: Nestle SA: key facts
Table 19: Nestle SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 20: Nestle SA: Key Employees
Table 21: Nestle SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 22: Global exchange rate, 2017-21
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global confectionery market value: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 2: Global confectionery market volume: million Kilograms, 2016-21
Figure 3: Global confectionery market category segmentation: $ million, 2016-2021
Figure 4: Global confectionery market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 5: Global confectionery market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 6: Global confectionery market value forecast: $ million, 2021-26
Figure 7: Global confectionery market volume forecast: million Kilograms, 2021-26
Figure 8: Forces driving competition in the global confectionery market, 2021
Figure 9: Drivers of buyer power in the global confectionery market, 2021
Figure 10: Drivers of supplier power in the global confectionery market, 2021
Figure 11: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global confectionery market, 2021
Figure 12: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global confectionery market, 2021
Figure 13: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global confectionery market, 2021
Figure 14: Global confectionery market share: % share, by value, 2021
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Mars, Incorporated
- Mondelez International, Inc.
- Ferrero Group
- Nestle SA