Global In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 10.60% over the forecast period, from US$20.046 billion in 2020 to a total market value of US$40.577 billion by 2027.A sophisticated set of techniques known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) is used to cure genetic or reproductive issues and aid in child conception. Patients with blocked or damaged fallopian tubes, male factor infertility, women with ovulation disorders, premature ovarian failure, uterine fibroids, excised fallopian tubes, and unexplained infertility are among the infertility conditions that can be treated with IVF. The increase may be attributable to the increased rates of male and female infertility brought on by lifestyle changes. Growing public understanding and acceptance of infertility treatment will encourage the use of in vitro fertilization (IVF) methods, which will accelerate the development of the in vitro fertilization (IVF) market.
However, the main factor limiting the potential market for in vitro fertilization (IVF) is the cost of the treatments, which is well-known around the world.
The Increasing Number of Median age of first-time mothers is driving the market growthBecause more women are choosing careers over family planning and later marriages than in the past, the median age of first-time mothers has increased significantly as a result of the expanding human population. The effective use of contraceptives has also significantly influenced the median age of first-time mothers, and this is anticipated to significantly fuel the expansion of the in vitro fertilization (IVF) market.
By End-UserBy body part, the In-Vitro Fertilization Market is segmented as Fertility Clinics Hospitals & Research Centers. The Clinical research centers are anticipated to have the fastest growth owing to the majority of research on fertility problems and their possible treatment.
By GeographyGeographically, the In-Vitro Fertilization Market is segmented as North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific. The greatest market share corresponds to the Asia-Pacific region, which has a huge population base, rising IVF treatment awareness, low IVF treatment prices, and an increase in the population of infertile people.
- June 2022: In order to increase the success rates of in-vitro fertilization (IVF), FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., a global leader in the innovation, development, and production of cell culture media and assisted reproductive technologies (ART), announced it has obtained an exclusive license to the intellectual property relating to artificial intelligence (AI). Researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital with backgrounds in IVF, biomedical engineering, and artificial intelligence collaboratively developed and patented the method. In order to enhance the application of artificial intelligence and image-based technologies in reproductive healthcare, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific intends to offer a non-exclusive license of the technology to businesses and will start looking for agreements immediately, globally. This image-based solution readily integrates into the current IVF operations while having the fundamentally enabling benefit of no capital expenditure. Without the need for specialized imaging equipment, the technology offers laboratories the opportunity for a simpler and more affordable entry point for integrating AI and image analysis into their workflows.
- Dec 2021: CooperCompanies stated that it has finalized the definitive purchase agreement to acquire Generate Life Sciences for approximately $1.6 billion. Generate Life Sciences is a prominent provider of donor eggs and sperm for fertility treatments, fertility cryopreservation services, and newborn stem cell storage (cord blood & cord tissue). With the addition of Generate, CooperSurgical hopes to provide fertility clinics and OB/GYNs with a more comprehensive selection. The company is looking forward to delivering these goods and services to the newest team members.
- Continuous Single Culture-NX Complete: Continuous Single Culture-NX Complete (CSCM-NXC) is a low-lactate, single-step culture medium with a track record in the therapeutic setting for enhancing blastocyst development. The CSCM-NXC is intended for fertilization and embryo culture up to days 5 and 6. This medium is designed to be utilized in an ongoing culture system without dish replacement or medium replacement. Removing unneeded stress, it supports the maintenance of efficient metabolic rates. Pre-supplemented with HSA, with a final total protein concentration of 5 mg/mL, is the available option.
- FreyGen ALF: FreyGen ALF is a line of incubators by IVFtech ApS built on an extensive study that provided the knowledge required to design the ideal simple to manage - best results incubators tailored to physicians' requirements. Oocytes and embryos can be developed and incubated in the ideal environment with the help of the FreyGen line of incubators. Benchtop incubators also referred to as dry incubators, are what are used in incubators. The fact that the trays are also removable makes it so much simpler to clean them and carry dishes to a workspace on a warm plate. It contains a data logger and a remote alert system so the physician can keep track of the incubator's performance.
By Cycle Type
- Fresh IVF Cycle
- Thawed IVF Cycle
- Donor Egg IVF Cycles
- Fertility clinics
- Hospitals and research centers
- North America
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
Frequently Asked Questions about the Global In Vitro Fertilization Market
What is the estimated value of the Global In Vitro Fertilization Market?
The Global In Vitro Fertilization Market was estimated to be valued at $20.05 billion in 2020.
What is the growth rate of the Global In Vitro Fertilization Market?
The growth rate of the Global In Vitro Fertilization Market is 10.6%, with an estimated value of $40.58 billion by 2027.
What is the forecasted size of the Global In Vitro Fertilization Market?
The Global In Vitro Fertilization Market is estimated to be worth $40.58 billion by 2027.
Who are the key companies in the Global In Vitro Fertilization Market?
Key companies in the Global In Vitro Fertilization Market include Cooper Surgical, Vitrolife AB, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Cook, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Nikon Instruments Inc., Merck KGaA, Genea Limited and Hamilton Thorne, Inc..
|No. of Pages||141|
|Forecast Period||2020 - 2027|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD
||USD 20.05 billion|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD
||USD 40.58 billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||10.6%|
|No. of Companies Mentioned||10|
Table of ContentsINTRODUCTION
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2.1. Research Data
3.1. Research Highlights
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
GLOBAL IN-VITRO FERTILIZATION (IVF) MARKET ANALYSIS, BY CYCLE TYPE
5.2. Fresh IVF Cycle
5.3. Thawed IVF Cycle
5.4. Donor Egg IVF Cycles
GLOBAL IN-VITRO FERTILIZATION (IVF) MARKET ANALYSIS, BY END-USER
6.2. Fertility clinics
6.3. Hospitals and research centers
GLOBAL IN-VITRO FERTILIZATION (IVF) MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
7.2. North America
7.3. South America
7.4.3. United Kingdom
7.5. Middle East and Africa
7.5.1. Saudi Arabia
7.6. Asia Pacific
7.6.4. South Korea
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9.1. Cooper Surgical
9.2. Vitrolife AB
9.3. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
9.5. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific
9.6. Nikon Instruments Inc.
9.7. Merck KGaA
9.8. Genea Limited
9.9. IVFtech ApS
9.10. Hamilton Thorne, Inc.
- Cooper Surgical
- Vitrolife AB
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific
- Nikon Instruments Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Genea Limited
- IVFtech ApS
- Hamilton Thorne, Inc.