The Asia Pacific control valve market was valued at US$2.505 billion in 2020.A control valve is a valve that is used in process sectors like power generation, water management, oil & gas, food & beverage, and automotive to control pressure, temperature, and fluid flow by altering the size of the flow passage. Typically, linear and rotary control valves, which provide higher safety and efficiency, are used in a variety of sectors.
Increasing automation and industrialization are expected to boost the control valve market growth in the Asia Pacific region.One of the main drivers of the APAC Control Valve market is the expansion of automation in the process industry. Automation in process industries, which will present a lucrative opportunity for the market's growth, is the focus of various industries. The expansion of market demand will be fueled by increasing oil & gas sector investment as well as growing automation in a number of process industries. Market growth is predicted to be driven by increased R&D activities and accelerating industrialization in emerging economies. The APAC Control Valve market will expand in the coming years because of the increased need for clean portable water as well as facilities for garbage collection and disposal that are both secure and effective. The Government regulations related to various industries like oil and gas sector industries in the region are anticipated to boost the market growth.
For the competitors in the control valve market, the discovery of new fossil fuel sources in the APAC region is predicted to open up tremendous potential opportunities. New oil and gas reserves have been found in several APAC nations, including China, owing to advancements in exploration technologies. These findings will lead to expanded manufacturing and exploration, which is anticipated to promote the widespread use of control valves.
- July 2022: Emerson has introduced the TESCOMTM Anderson Greenwood Instrumentation H2 Valve Series for applications involving hydrogen up to 15,000 psi (103.4 MPa). In high-pressure gas applications like hydrogen filling stations and tube trailers, the innovative technology reliably isolates process pressure, lowering fugitive emissions and raising safety. The hand valves and double block and bleed valves in the H2 Valve Series have a hand-operated, maintenance-free design to reduce maintenance and downtime. The valves adhere to ISO 19880-3, the standard for hydrogen fueling.
- July 2022: With the addition of NelesTM Q-DiscTM, a new high-performance feature to aid flow balancing in control valve applications, Valmet expanded the variety of butterfly valves it offers. The modular butterfly valve line was created to assist clients in making their valve selection for a variety of application challenges, including those that arise in more complicated process environments. Q-DiscTM is a solution for difficult flow conditions. It has market-leading noise reduction capabilities, even up to 12 dB in certain flow circumstances, and can be used to prevent cavitation in low opening angles.
- Horizontal lift check valve: Horizontal lift check valves only permit flow in one direction and immediately close if the flow changes. They operate entirely automatically, relying on the pressure and flow velocity within the line to carry out their opening and shutting duties. Horizontal lift check valves are used mostly for air, gas, and steam services. A valve with a rubber-facing disc is required for air, gas, and low-pressure applications, particularly where bubble-tight closing is required. A horizontal lift check valve with a nitrile rubber facing on the disc and a recoil spring is necessary for compressed air service. Always put the valve as far away from the compressor.
- Autotrol 255 Control Valve: The frictionless sealing offered by the time-proven Duraflow flapper technology extends the life of the Autotrol 255 Control Valve. Fiber-reinforced polymer valve bodies are employed because of their higher strength, durability, resistance to corrosion, and UV rays. Super capacitor for maintaining the time of day in the event of a power loss, Continuous service flow rate of 15.5 GPM with a backwash of 6 GPM, Time Clock, Metered, and Electronic Controller choices, Optical Sensor for Accurate Cycle Positioning, and Soft Water Refill for a Cleaner Brine Tank.
During the Forecast Period, India is expected to grow rapidly in the Asia-Pacific valve market.India is expected to grow owing to growth in the oil and gas industries, investments in the sector, and a shift towards green technology. As per the Indian Brand Equity Foundation, ONGC announced plans to invest US$4 billion from FY22-25 in the oil and gas sector in May 2022. Furthermore, India is the second-largest refiner in Asia which increases the demand for the valve in the Indian market. Foreign Direct Investments in the oil and gas public sector unit are increasing the consumption in the oil and gas sector increasing in demand for valves. Increased use of valves is coming from the water and sewage treatment industry, agriculture, chemical, and plastic manufacture, and others. India is characterized by issues of water scarcity as water pollution and shortage are the key issue faced by millions in the region. Therefore, water management and removal of waste require the use of butterfly valves to increase the infrastructural capacity of wastewater treatment. For example, hydraulic engineers in India are making use of butterfly valves for regulating the flow of water on the ground.
- Linear Valves
- Globe Valves
- Pinch Valves
- Rotary Valves
- Ball Valves
- Plug Valves
- Butterfly Valves
By End User
- Oil and Gas
- Energy and Power
- Water and Wastewater
- South Korea
Table of Contents1. INTRODUCTION
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1. Research Data
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Research Highlights
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. ASIA PACIFIC CONTROL VALVE MARKET BY TYPE
5.2. Linear Valves
5.2.1. Globe Valves
5.2.2. Pinch Valves
5.3. Rotary Valves
5.3.1. Ball Valves
5.3.2. Plug Valves
5.3.3. Butterfly Valves
6. ASIA PACIFIC CONTROL VALVE MARKET BY END-USER
6.2. Oil and Gas
6.3. Energy and Power
6.4. Water and Wastewater
7. ASIA PACIFIC CONTROL VALVE MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
7.5. South Korea
8. COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.2. General Electric
9.3. IMI PLC
9.5. Emerson Electric Co.
9.6. SHANGHAI THINKTANK PROCESS MANAGEMENT CO., LTD
9.7. Shanghai Shinjo Pump & Valve Co ., Ltd.
- General Electric
- IMI PLC
- Emerson Electric Co.
- SHANGHAI THINKTANK PROCESS MANAGEMENT CO., LTD
- Shanghai Shinjo Pump & Valve Co ., Ltd.