The thermal printing market is anticipated to develop at a compound yearly growth rate of 4.98% over the course of the forecast period, from an estimated US$30.231 billion in 2020 to a market size of US$42.494 billion in 2027.A thermal printer is a cutting-edge printing technique that uses heat to produce an image or text on thermal paper. The demand for thermal printers that are dependable and enduring for printing operations in challenging conditions and for a significant production volume is driving the rapid growth of the global thermal printing market.
Expanding the use of thermal printers in various industries to boost the market growthThe primary factor driving the expansion of this market is the expanding use of thermal printers across a variety of sectors, including healthcare, banking, manufacturing, and others. Other reasons influencing the demand for these printers due to the increase in existing printing applications include a growing population, increasing disposable incomes, and fast industrialization. The demand for thermal printers will also increase as a result of lower maintenance costs following their adoption.
One of the key aspects influencing the market is the use of thermal printers in the retail sector. In order to improve customer experiences, thermal printing solutions are frequently utilized at POS in retail businesses. These solutions offer improved and high-speed printing options compared to traditional impact printers. The global thermal printing industry is expanding due to the cost-effectiveness of thermal printing solutions compared to traditional printing solutions.
By TypeBy type, the thermal printing market is segmented as direct thermal printing and thermal transfer printing.
By ApplicationBy application, the thermal printing market is segmented into barcode labels, labeling, kiosks, and other segments. Cast polymers were predominantly used in the construction of public utilities including schools, hospitals, and transportation hubs that served the nonresidential sector.
By End-User IndustryBy end-use industry, the thermal printing market is segmented as retail, transportation, manufacturing, healthcare, government, security, and others. The healthcare segment holds a major share as it helps to print labels and tags improving patient flow, bed utilization, and allocation. Also, smart labels help in the instant tracking of medical equipment and patients.
- May 2021: Zebra Technologies Corporation, a leader in business innovation with partners and solutions that provide a competitive edge, today unveiled the new ZSB Series printer, the company's debut wireless label printing solution created for the small office home office (SOHO) market. The ZSB Series gives entrepreneurs and small business owners the ability to easily design, create, and print labels, allowing them to concentrate on the specifics of their business. It comes with simple-to-load; environmentally friendly label cartridges, as well as a contemporary label designer and mobile app software experience. Small and home-based enterprises can start operating in as little as three minutes thanks to the high-quality ZSB Series label printer's simple operation and guided mobile set-up.
- May 2021: One of BIXOLON Co.'s subsidiaries is BIXOLON Europe GmbH. Ltd, a top manufacturer of mobile, label, and point-of-sale printers announced the addition of the XT5-40NR and XD5-40tR to its expanding lineup of RFID label printers. The XT5-40NR and XD5-40tR support USB, Bluetooth, WLAN, Parallel, Serial, Ethernet (the industry's fastest 1Gbit/sec), and two USB Host interface options. These RFID solutions were built on the foundations of the existing label printer models. They offer intuitive designs and are jam-packed with value-added features that are perfect for a variety of labeling applications with a built-in 4.3-inch full-color touch display, an optional Auto Cutter, Peeler, Rewinder, and Rewinder+Peeler.
- SLP650 printer: Enhanced resolution To perfectly meet customer needs for specialty label printing, the SLP 650 combines all the advantages of the recently redesigned SLP 600 series with 300 DPI resolution and printing speeds of about 4 inches per second. Connect your PC or Mac running Linux, Mac OS, or Windows via USB. Changing labels and loading a new roll couldn't be simpler. It is now much simpler to generate, format, print, and save all the labels you require with the improved new Smart Label Software, which supports Microsoft® Excel®, Outlook®, Access®, and Word®. Create address labels, file folder labels, name tags, shipping labels, multifunctional labels, and more in a flash with clear, professional graphics.
- PC43K Kiosk Solution Desktop Printer: The PC43K is a complete, user-friendly, fully integrated kiosk system from one vendor that combines a tablet, a label printer, a scanner, and programmable workflow software to suit any company model. A flexible self-service platform that automates processes and enhances the customer experience is provided by the PC43all-in-one K's compact modular design for parcel shops, retailers, airlines, hospitality, and other consumer interactions. The PC43K all-in-one kiosk solution comes with a tablet, printer, scanner, and software from a single vendor, making it incredibly simple to use and develop custom applications to fit any business model. To ensure that it is prepared for direct consumer operations, the PC43K includes an integrated scan engine, a ScanPal EDA71 tablet on an articulating arm, a PC43 direct thermal printer, an I/O board, and a wall/desk mount.
- Direct Thermal Printing
- Thermal Transfer Printing
- Barcode Labels
By End-User Industry
- North America
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
Frequently Asked Questions about the rmal Printing Market
What is the estimated value of the rmal Printing Market?
The rmal Printing Market was estimated to be valued at $30.23 billion in 2020.
What is the growth rate of the rmal Printing Market?
The growth rate of the rmal Printing Market is 4.9%, with an estimated value of $42.49 billion by 2027.
What is the forecasted size of the rmal Printing Market?
The rmal Printing Market is estimated to be worth $42.49 billion by 2027.
Who are the key companies in the rmal Printing Market?
Key companies in the rmal Printing Market include Axiohm (Part of the TXCOM Group), Bixolon Co., Ltd., TSC Auto ID Technology Co., Ltd., Zebra Technologies Corporation, Honeywell International Inc, HP Development Company L.P, Seiko Instruments GmbH, SATO Holdings Corporation and TOSHIBA CORPORATION.
|No. of Pages||136|
|Forecast Period||2020 - 2027|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD
||USD 30.23 billion|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD
||USD 42.49 billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||4.9%|
|No. of Companies Mentioned||10|
Table of ContentsINTRODUCTION
1.1. Market Overview
1.2. COVID-19 Scenario
1.3. Market Definition
1.4. Market Segmentation
2.1. Research Data
3.1. Research Highlights
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
THERMAL PRINTING MARKET ANALYSIS, BY TYPE
5.1. Direct Thermal Printing
5.2. Thermal Transfer Printing
THERMAL PRINTING MARKET ANALYSIS, BY APPLICATION
6.1. Barcode Labels
THERMAL PRINTING MARKET ANALYSIS, BY END-USER INDUSTRY
THERMAL PRINTING MARKET ANALYSIS, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.2. North America
8.3. South America
8.4.3. United Kingdom
8.5. Middle East and Africa
8.5.1. Saudi Arabia
8.6. Asia Pacific
8.6.4. South Korea
9.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
9.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
9.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
9.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
10.1. Axiohm (Part of the TXCOM Group)
10.2. Bixolon Co., Ltd.
10.3. TSC Auto ID Technology Co., Ltd.
10.4. Zebra Technologies Corporation
10.5. Honeywell International Inc
10.6. HP Development Company L.P
10.7. Seiko Instruments GmbH
10.8. SATO Holdings Corporation
10.9. Citizen Systems Europe GmbH
10.10. TOSHIBA CORPORATION
- Axiohm (Part of the TXCOM Group)
- Bixolon Co., Ltd.
- TSC Auto ID Technology Co., Ltd.
- Zebra Technologies Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc
- HP Development Company L.P
- Seiko Instruments GmbH
- SATO Holdings Corporation
- Citizen Systems Europe GmbH
- TOSHIBA CORPORATION