The India Specialty Fertilizer Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.97%
- Largest segment by Speciality Type - Water Soluble: They provide wide-range of nutrient grades and different methods of application available such as foliar, fertigation and soil application depending on requirement
- Fastest growing by Speciality Type - Water Soluble: There is an increasing trend in the mechanization of irrigation systems in the farms, these factors increasing the demand for fertilizers like water soluble fertilizers.
- Largest Segment by Crop Type - Horticultural Crops: The demand for horticulture crops is rising with growing health consciousness and increasing buying power of the customers leading to increased crop cultivation.
- Largest segment by Application Mode - Fertigation: The fertigation method has numerous advantages like increased fertilizer absorption, reduced wastage and nutrient losses, reduce labor costs, and ease of fertilizer application.
Key Market Trends
Water Soluble is the largest segment by Speciality Type.
- The Indian controlled-release fertilizer market has shown a decline in market value even though consumption increased notably by 52.9% during the study period. The main reason for this is the Indian government making it mandatory for all domestic producers of urea to produce 100% neem coated-urea and distribute it at a subsidized price to the farmers.
- Liquid fertilizers accounted for 41.9% of India's specialty fertilizers market in 2021. Straight fertilizers accounted for the maximum share of the liquid fertilizer market, accounting for 69.2%. This segment was valued at USD 964.0 million in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 1.70 billion by 2028. Complex fertilizers accounted for 30.8% of the liquid fertilizers market in 2021.
- Slow-release fertilizers accounted for 1.7% of the total specialty fertilizer market value in 2021. Field crops and horticultural crops were the major consumers of slow-release fertilizers, accounting for 75.8% and 24.1% of the market volume in 2021. The intensive field crop and horticultural crop cultivation in the country are anticipated to drive the market for slow-release fertilizers.
- In India's specialty fertilizers market, water-soluble fertilizers accounted for 54.3% of the market share in 2021. Water-soluble fertilizers are mostly used for the application of primary nutrients in the country. About 78.5% of primary nutrients are water-soluble fertilizers, and 5.6% and 3.8% of secondary macronutrients and micronutrients accounted for water-soluble fertilizers in 2021.
- The rise in demand for high-efficiency fertilizers, ease of application, adoption of sustainable farming practices, and higher environmental safety are some of the factors driving the specialty fertilizers market in India.
Competitive LandscapeThe India Specialty Fertilizer Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 65.03%. The major players in this market are Coromandel International Ltd., Deepak fertilizers & Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd, Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited, Mangalore Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd. and Yara India Ltd. (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 Acreage Of Major Crop Types
4.2 Average Nutrient Application Rates
4.3 Regulatory Framework
4.4 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Speciality Type
188.8.131.52 Polymer Coated
184.108.40.206 Polymer-Sulfur Coated
5.1.2 Liquid Fertilizer
5.1.4 Water Soluble
5.2 Application Mode
5.3 Crop Type
5.3.1 Field Crops
5.3.2 Horticultural Crops
5.3.3 Turf & Ornamental
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Chambal Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd
6.4.2 Compo Expert GmbH
6.4.3 Coromandel International Ltd.
6.4.4 Deepak fertilizers & Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd
6.4.5 Haifa Group
6.4.6 Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited
6.4.7 Israel Chemicals Ltd
6.4.8 Mangalore Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd.
6.4.9 Sociedad Química y Minera (SQM)
6.4.10 Yara India Ltd.
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR FERTILIZER CEOS
8.1 Global Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Market Dynamics (DROs)
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Chambal Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd
- Compo Expert GmbH
- Coromandel International Ltd.
- Deepak fertilizers & Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd
- Haifa Group
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited
- Israel Chemicals Ltd
- Mangalore Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd.
- Sociedad Química y Minera (SQM)
- Yara India Ltd.