The United Kingdom Adhesives Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.38%
- Largest Segment by End User Industry - Packaging: Packaging is the dominant end-user industry in the United Kingdom owing to the wide range of adhesive applications, including labels, tapes, carton sealing and joining, and laminating.
- Fastest-growing Segment by End User Industry - Footwear and Leather: The footwear and leather industry is growing at the fastest rate in the country due to the increasing usage of adhesives for assembling and joint sealing applications of footwear materials.
- Largest Segment by Technology - Water-borne: Waterborne technology, an eco-friendly and economically viable solution, has obtained a significant market share due to its well-recognized usage in food packaging applications through emulsion and dispersion systems.
- Largest Segment by Resin - Acrylic: Acrylic-based adhesives hold a major market share owing to their pressure-sensitive applications in packaging, construction, footwear and leather, and healthcare end users.
Key Market Trends
Packaging is the largest segment by End User Industry.
- Adhesives play an important role in bonding and joining various substrates that are used across industries. These adhesives help manufacturers to lower the weight of their components and assemblies, to form the joints quickly, easily, and accurately. The COVID-19 outbreak impacted the country in 2020, which reduced consumption by 10.57% compared to 2019.
- Packaging is the largest consumer of adhesives, as it required 144,451 tons of adhesives in 2021, which was 6% more than in 2020. Flexible packaging has experienced substantial growth in the United Kingdom. As cheap and lightweight packaging is gaining popularity in the United Kingdom, it is encouraging manufacturers to use flexible packaging for different products. Hence, these factors are responsible for the market's growth.
- Healthcare is also one of the major industries where adhesives are consumed in the country. The largest purchaser of medical products in the United Kingdom is the National Health Service (NHS). The National Health Service (NHS) spends approximately USD 25 billion annually on medical goods and services. NHS England serves 84% of the population. The increasing investments in healthcare by the country are estimated to drive the demand for adhesives during the forecast period.
- The United Kingdom is the 4th-largest European country, holding about 7.8% of shares in 2021. Acrylic and polyurethane adhesives are the potential types of adhesives consumed across several end-user industries, including construction, automotive, and healthcare. Among all resin-based adhesives, acrylic adhesives held about 29% of the overall UK adhesives market share in 2021, followed by polyurethane and EVA. The UK epoxy adhesives market is expected to record a CAGR of 7.08% from 2022-2028.
Competitive LandscapeThe United Kingdom Adhesives Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 46.86%. The major players in this market are Arkema Group, Beardow Adams, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA and Sika AG (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 End User Trends
4.2 Regulatory Framework
4.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End User Industry
5.1.3 Building And Construction
5.1.4 Footwear And Leather
5.1.7 Woodworking And Joinery
5.1.8 Other End-user Industries
5.2.1 Hot Melt
5.2.4 UV Cured Adhesives
5.3.7 Other Resins
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.3 AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
6.4.4 Beardow Adams
6.4.6 Follmann Chemie GmbH
6.4.7 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.8 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.9 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.10 Sika AG
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ADHESIVES AND SEALANTS CEOS
8.1 Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Arkema Group
- AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
- Beardow Adams
- Follmann Chemie GmbH
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Huntsman International LLC
- Sika AG