The Middle East & Africa Construction Adhesives & Sealants Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.09%
- Largest Segment by Technology - Sealants: In Middle East & Africa, sealants have the highest market share due to their wide applications in the building and construction industry, including joint sealing, insulation, curtain wall, façade, glazing, and others.
- Largest Segment by Resin - Acrylic: Acrylic resins have the largest share in the market owing to their wide applications, including joining, sealing, and filling cracks, in the building and construction industry for both interior and exterior operations.
- Largest Segment by Country - Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia is the largest country in the market, driven mainly by the demand for residential and commercial construction.
- Fastest-growing Segment by Country - Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia is likely to witness the fastest growth in the coming years, owing to rising government investments and commercial constructions.
Key Market Trends
Acrylic is the largest segment by Resin.
- Polyurethane and acrylic resin-based adhesives and sealants were the most used among other resin types in 2017-2021. They are expected to be the most used resin types during the forecast period (2022-2028) because of their strong bonds and their applicability as structural adhesives. In the Middle East and Africa, 67% of acrylic-based construction adhesives are manufactured in water-borne technology, and polyurethane-based products are manufactured majorly in sealant technology.
- In the Middle East & Africa region, the decrease in overall demand for construction adhesives and sealants in 2020 can be attributed to the overall economic slowdown in the region caused due to COVID-19 pandemic, which led to nationwide lockdowns, supply chain disruption, mandatory social distancing regulations, etc. Thus, the construction adhesives and sealants contracted by 7.04%% in 2020. It was restored by 5.22% in 2021.
- In the Middle East and Africa, during the historic period (2017-2021), demand for construction adhesives and sealants increased by a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period (2022-2028). The demand is expected to increase at a rate of 6%. Among all the resin types, silicone resin-based adhesives and sealants are expected to register the largest CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period (2022-2028).
- Saudi Arabia occupied the largest share of the demand for construction adhesives and sealants globally. In 2021, the demand generated from Saudi Arabia was 81.6 million kilograms. In 2028, the demand is expected to reach 100.6 million kilograms with a CAGR of 6.9%. Polyurethane, acrylic, and silicon resin-based adhesives and sealants products are expected to occupy more than 50% of the total demand generated by the Saudi Arabian construction industry in 2022.
Saudi Arabia is the largest segment by Country.
- In 2020, the decline in construction output by 4.4% was due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which led to nationwide lockdowns, supply chain disruption, mandatory social distancing regulations, etc. These factors led to declining demand for adhesives and sealants required for construction in 2020. The decline was the highest in South Africa because of the country's construction market decline.
- The demand for construction adhesives and sealants grew in 2021 because of the rising construction activities in Middle East & Africa. Saudi Arabia has implemented various construction projects, including a USD 500 billion futuristic mega-city 'Neom' project, the Red Sea Project - Phase 1, which is due to be completed in 2022, and luxury and hyper-luxury hotels that may comprise 3,000 rooms across five islands, and two inland resorts, Qiddiya Entertainment City, and Amaala - the uber-luxury wellness tourism destination. Such projects are likely to drive the demand for construction adhesives and sealants over the forecast period.
- The Middle East & Africa region is also set to be critical for the growth of green buildings globally over the next few years. Green Building Councils in the MENA Regional Network are responding to challenges and opportunities on the ground, ensuring that the region's buildings provide a high quality of life for people, minimize negative impacts on the environment, and maximize economic benefits. Thus, due to rising green building construction activities, the Middle East & African adhesives and sealants market is projected to record a CAGR of 3.4% by volume and 5.01% by value during the forecast period 2022-2028.
Competitive LandscapeThe Middle East & Africa Construction Adhesives & Sealants Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 20.95%. The major players in this market are Arkema Group, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, MAPEI S.p.A., Sika AG and Soudal Holding N.V. (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 End User Trends
4.2 Regulatory Framework
4.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.7 Other Resins
5.2.1 Hot Melt
5.3.1 Saudi Arabia
5.3.2 South Africa
5.3.3 Rest Of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Arkema Group
6.4.3 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.4 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.5 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.6 Illinois Tool Works Inc.
6.4.7 MAPEI S.p.A.
6.4.8 Sika AG
6.4.9 Soudal Holding N.V.
6.4.10 Wacker Chemie AG
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ADHESIVES AND SEALANTS CEOS
8.1 Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Arkema Group
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Huntsman International LLC
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- MAPEI S.p.A.
- Sika AG
- Soudal Holding N.V.
- Wacker Chemie AG