The United States Adhesives Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.65%
- Largest Segment by End User Industry - Packaging: The packaging industry holds the largest share of the US adhesives market owing to its widespread applications, including labeling, tapes, carton sealing, and joining.
- Fastest-growing Segment by End User Industry - Healthcare: Due to the increasing healthcare expenditure and rising investments in tissue engineering and medical device production, the healthcare industry is projected to witness the fastest growth in the market.
- Largest Segment by Technology - Water-borne: An environmentally friendly and economically viable solution, water-borne technology accounts for a major share of the market due to its well-recognized usage in food packaging applications through emulsion and dispersion systems.
- Largest Segment by Resin - Polyurethane: Polyurethane adhesive is the dominant resin-based adhesive owing to its wide applications in woodworking, building and construction, and automotive industries, both for interior and exterior applications.
Key Market Trends
Packaging is the largest segment by End User Industry.
- Adhesives are majorly consumed in the packaging industry in the country owing to their importance in bonding plastics, metals, and paper & cardboard packaging applications. Waterborne adhesives are highly consumed in the industry because of their cheaper cost and high bonding strength which is required in these applications. It is seen that nearly 394 thousand tons of water-borne adhesives are consumed in the packaging industry of the country during 2021.
- Adhesives are widely used in the construction industry because of their diverse applications, such as roofing, flooring, prefabricated components joinery, and assembling. The US construction industry is expected to account for 11.1% of the global growth in construction up to 2030. This is likely to result in an increase in demand for construction adhesives in the forecast period, 2022-2028.
- Adhesives are widely used in the automotive industry because of their application and adhesion capacity to various surfaces, such as glass, metal, plastic, and painted surfaces, along with their helpful features, such as extreme weather resistance, durability, and long-lasting abilities. Adhesives are used in engines, car interiors, and car gaskets. Electric vehicle sales increased by 2.4% in 2020 because of their increased demand for personal mobility. The electric vehicles segment of the automotive industry is expected to record a CAGR of 23.17% in the period 2022-2027 and increase the demand for automotive adhesives in the forecast period.
- Adhesives are used in the healthcare industry for applications such as assembling and bonding medical device parts. The increase in healthcare investments in the US market is expected to lead to an increase in demand for the industry in the forecast period.
Competitive LandscapeThe United States Adhesives Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 42.87%. The major players in this market are 3M, Arkema Group, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA and Sika AG (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 End User Trends
4.2 Regulatory Framework
4.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End User Industry
5.1.3 Building And Construction
5.1.4 Footwear And Leather
5.1.7 Woodworking And Joinery
5.1.8 Other End-user Industries
5.2.1 Hot Melt
5.2.4 UV Cured Adhesives
5.3.7 Other Resins
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.3 AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
6.4.5 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.6 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.7 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.8 Illinois Tool Works Inc.
6.4.9 MAPEI S.p.A.
6.4.10 Sika AG
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ADHESIVES AND SEALANTS CEOS
8.1 Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Arkema Group
- AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Huntsman International LLC
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- MAPEI S.p.A.
- Sika AG