The China Fertilizers Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.52%
- Fastest growing segment by Product - TSP: TSP contains high amount of phosphate among the non-ammonium phosphate fertilizers. So. It is best suitable for situations where phosphate is required as single source.
- Largest Segment by Crop Type - Field Crops: Cultivation of field crops accounts for around 74% of the total agricultural land in the country and accounts for consumption of 78.4% of the total fertilizes.
- Fastest growing by Speciality Type - SRF: The SRF are safe to the soil and environment as they precisely release the nutrients in to the soil throughout the cropping season and thus reduce the leaching of nutrients.
- Largest segment by Application Mode - Soil: It is a conventional way of fertilizer application and can be applied without any equipment. This method of application improves both plant health and soil fertility.
China Fertilizers Market Trends
Field Crops is the largest segment by Crop Type.
- Due to continuous long-term cultivation without crop rotation, farmland fertility has been depleted and has become more deficient, increasing the need for fertilizers, especially in South China. Due to growing concerns about environmental pollution, there is a rising demand for sustainable fertilizers in field crops.
- Field crops often utilize the greatest nitrogen fertilizers. Due to their extensive cultivation, grains and cereals deplete soil nutrients, requiring the application of additional fertilizers to make up for it. Conventional fertilizers accounted for about 74.4%, and specialty fertilizers accounted for about 25.6% of the total field crop fertilizer market value in 2021.
- Horticultural crops utilize more specialty fertilizers than field crops since they are grown all year long and benefit from superior watering methods like sprinkler and drip irrigation, which encourage the use of water-soluble and liquid fertilizers. About 24.8% of the market value of fertilizers used in horticultural crops was made up of specialty fertilizers in 2021.
- In 2021, less than 1% of the country's total fertilizer market was made up of turf and ornamental products. Over recent years, the government put greater emphasis on self-sufficiency and established a number of methods, such as the production of ornamental flowers in greenhouses, which are expected to support sectoral growth.
- Therefore, it is projected that the segmental growth will be boosted throughout the forecast period due to the rising demand from field crops and increased focus on self-sufficiency to reduce the import of ornamentals. The country is the leading producer of fertilizers.
China Fertilizers Market Competitive AnalysisThe China Fertilizers Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 13.34%. The major players in this market are Henan XinlianXin Chemicals Group Company Limited, Israel Chemicals Ltd, Sinofert Holding Ltd, Xinyangfeng Agricultural Technology Co., Ltd. and Yara International (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 Acreage Of Major Crop Types
4.2 Average Nutrient Application Rates
4.3 Regulatory Framework
4.4 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
22.214.171.124 Secondary Macronutrients
126.96.36.199 Liquid Fertilizer
188.8.131.52 Water Soluble
5.3 Application Mode
5.4 Crop Type
5.4.1 Field Crops
5.4.2 Horticultural Crops
5.4.3 Turf & Ornamental
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Compo Expert GmbH
6.4.2 Coromandel International Ltd.
6.4.3 Hebei Monband Water Soluble Fertilizer Co. Ltd
6.4.4 Hebei Sanyuanjiuqi Fertilizer Co., Ltd.
6.4.5 Henan XinlianXin Chemicals Group Company Limited
6.4.6 Israel Chemicals Ltd
6.4.7 Sinofert Holding Ltd
6.4.8 Sociedad Química y Minera (SQM)
6.4.9 Xinyangfeng Agricultural Technology Co., Ltd.
6.4.10 Yara International
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR FERTILIZER CEOS
8.1 Global Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Market Dynamics (DROs)
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Compo Expert GmbH
- Coromandel International Ltd.
- Hebei Monband Water Soluble Fertilizer Co. Ltd
- Hebei Sanyuanjiuqi Fertilizer Co., Ltd.
- Henan XinlianXin Chemicals Group Company Limited
- Israel Chemicals Ltd
- Sinofert Holding Ltd
- Sociedad Química y Minera (SQM)
- Xinyangfeng Agricultural Technology Co., Ltd.
- Yara International