The Middle East & Africa Specialty Fertilizer Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.56%
- Largest segment by Speciality Type - Liquid Fertilizer: The demand for liquid fertilizer in Middle East and Africa region keeps up, as the soils in the region are dry and liquid fertilizers ensure easy absorbtion by the plants
- Fastest growing by Speciality Type - Water Soluble: The watersoluble fertilizer absorption rate is more than double compared to conventional fertilizers reaching an efficiency of about 80-90% and reducing total fertilizer use.
- Largest Segment by Crop Type - Horticultural Crops: Specialty fertilizers in the region are mostly applied through fertigation in horticultural crops, this is because fertigation reduces cost and fertilizer use by 20-30%.
- Largest segment by Country - South Africa: Though arable land in the South Africa remained unchanged during the study period, nutrient consumption increased by 16.5% for N, 5.9% for P, and 56% for K, which denoted the increased fertilizer consumption in the country.
Key Market Trends
Liquid Fertilizer is the largest segment by Speciality Type.
- The specialty fertilizers market in the Middle East & Africa accounted for 42.7% of the market studied in 2021, and it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.44% during the forecast period.
- Rest of Middle East & Africa and Nigeria dominated the market studied, occupying 55.3% and 37.3%, respectively, in 2021. Due to their large populations, land availability, and government policies of fertilizer trials, Nigeria and countries in the Rest of Middle East & and Africa are being targeted by fertilizer manufacturing corporations, which is propelling market expansion.
- Liquid fertilizers accounted for 45.15% of the market studied in 2021 because growers in the Middle East & Africa became aware of the benefits of liquid fertilizers as they penetrate the soil easily and allow plants to absorb nutrients more quickly. They help in reducing fertilizer wastage, and they can be either ground applied or foliar applied. As a result, there is a huge opportunity for liquid fertilizers to expand in the Middle East & Africa during the forecast period.
- In 2021, water-soluble fertilizers accounted for 43.9% value of the Middle East & Africa specialty fertilizers market. Water-soluble fertilizers make nutrition management simple because nutrient levels are not affected by leaching or erosion.
- In recent years, increased awareness about specialized fertilizers among farmers and the rising demand for liquid and water-soluble fertilizers and controlled-release fertilizers are expected to drive the growth of the market studied.
South Africa is the largest segment by Country.
- In the Middle East & African specialty fertilizer market, Saudi Arabia held a share of 0.4% in 2021, and it is estimated to register a CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period. According to the World Bank database, Saudi Arabia is the largest economy in the Middle East, and its GDP stood at USD 793 billion in 2019, which increased by 2.2% from 2018 and accounted for 2.2% in 2020.
- Nigeria accounted for 38.6% of the value of the Middle East & African specialty fertilizer market. In the Nigerian specialty fertilizers market, liquid fertilizers accounted for 49.5%, followed by water-soluble fertilizers at 48.40%, controlled-release fertilizers at 1.7%, and slow-release fertilizers at 0.2% of the total specialty fertilizers market in 2021.
- The South African specialty fertilizer market accounted for 42.9% of the country's fertilizer market in 2021. The fertigation application segment dominated the market, accounting for 46.5% of the total specialty fertilizer market in 2021. Fertigation is primarily used for the cultivation of plantation crops such as rubber and oil palm, which require larger quantities of fertilizer. The usage efficiency of the fertigation method ranges between 80.0% and 90.0%, allowing for a minimum 25.0% reduction in nutrient use.
- Turkey accounted for 4.7% of the Middle East & African specialty fertilizers market value in 2021. Water-soluble fertilizers accounted for the highest market share of 40.0%, followed by liquid fertilizers, accounting for a share of 36.2%, CRF - 18.1%, and SRF - 5.0% in 2021. Water-soluble fertilizers can either be foliar applied or ground applied through fertigation. Water-soluble fertilizers have gained significant popularity in recent years.
Competitive LandscapeThe Middle East & Africa Specialty Fertilizer Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 66.46%. The major players in this market are Foskor, ICL GROUP LTD, K+S AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT, Safsulphur and Yara International ASA, (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 Acreage Of Major Crop Types
4.2 Average Nutrient Application Rates
4.3 Regulatory Framework
4.4 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Speciality Type
22.214.171.124 Polymer Coated
126.96.36.199 Polymer-Sulfur Coated
5.1.2 Liquid Fertilizer
5.1.4 Water Soluble
5.2 Application Mode
5.3 Crop Type
5.3.1 Field Crops
5.3.2 Horticultural Crops
5.3.3 Turf & Ornamental
5.4.2 Saudi Arabia
5.4.3 South Africa
5.4.5 Rest Of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Azra Group AS
6.4.3 Gavilon South Africa
6.4.4 ICL GROUP LTD
6.4.5 K+S AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT
6.4.6 Kynoch Fertilizer
6.4.8 Unikeyterra Chemical
6.4.9 Yara International ASA,
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR FERTILIZER CEOS
8.1 Global Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Market Dynamics (DROs)
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Azra Group AS
- Gavilon South Africa
- ICL GROUP LTD
- K+S AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT
- Kynoch Fertilizer
- Unikeyterra Chemical
- Yara International ASA,