The Brazil Fertilizers Market is projected to register a CAGR of 7.94%
- Fastest growing segment by product - Calcium: The degrading soil quality in Brazil, increasingly weathered and low fertile soils, is increasing the need for calcium application as its availability is low acidic soils.
- Largest Segment by Crop Type - Field Crops: The domination of field crops in Fertilizers market is mainly due to its large cultivation area in the country. They account for more than 96% of total crop area.
- Fastest growing by Speciality Type - SRF: The SRF are safe to the soil and environment as they precisely release the nutrients in to the soil throughout the cropping season and thus reduce the leaching of nutrients.
- Largest segment by Application Mode - Soil: It is a conventional way of fertilizer application and can be applied without any equipment. This method of application improves both plant health and soil fertility.
Key Market Trends
Field Crops is the largest segment by Crop Type.
- The fertility of farmlands has been depleting and has become more deficient as a result of continuous long-term farming without crop rotation, increasing the requirement for fertilizers. The increasing environmental concerns have increased the demand for sustainable fertilizers in field crops.
- Field crop fertilizers accounted for 87.90% of the market in the country in 2021, and it is projected to grow, registering a CAGR of 8.26% during the forecast period. Soybeans, the most common field crop in the country, were grown on 40.6 million hectares of land in 2021, accounting for a growth of 83.0% from 2017. Soybeans are among the main crops that use NPK fertilizers, which is anticipated to boost the country's demand for fertilizers.
- In 2021, conventional fertilizers accounted for 87.72% of the market for field crops. Most nitrogen fertilizers are used for cultivating cereals. Due to their extensive cultivation, grains and cereals deplete soil nutrients, necessitating the application of additional fertilizers to replenish them.
- In 2021, the value of the fertilizer market for horticultural crops in Brazil was 12.15%, and it increased by 33.92% over the study period. The area under horticulture cultivation in 2017 was 2.5 million hectares, and in 2021, it was 2.4 million hectares. Farmers are utilizing more fertilizers to increase the yields on the existing lands due to the reduction in the area under horticulture cultivation. This is anticipated to drive the fertilizer market.
- Thus, the segment will experience growth during the forecast period due to the increasing demand for field crops and farmers' need for ways to boost crop yields.
Competitive LandscapeThe Brazil Fertilizers Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 65.59%. The major players in this market are Israel Chemicals Ltd, K+S AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT, Nutrien Limited,, The Mosaic Company and Yara International ASA, (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 Acreage Of Major Crop Types
4.2 Average Nutrient Application Rates
4.3 Regulatory Framework
4.4 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
220.127.116.11.1 Ammonium Nitrate
18.104.22.168 Secondary Macronutrients
22.214.171.124 Liquid Fertilizer
126.96.36.199 Water Soluble
5.3 Application Mode
5.4 Crop Type
5.4.1 Field Crops
5.4.2 Horticultural Crops
5.4.3 Turf & Ornamental
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.3 Haifa Negev technologies LTD
6.4.4 Israel Chemicals Ltd
6.4.5 K+S AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT
6.4.7 Nutrien Limited,
6.4.8 Sociedad Química y Minera (SQM)
6.4.9 The Mosaic Company
6.4.10 Yara International ASA,
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR FERTILIZER CEOS
8.1 Global Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Market Dynamics (DROs)
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Haifa Negev technologies LTD
- Israel Chemicals Ltd
- K+S AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT
- Nutrien Limited,
- Sociedad Química y Minera (SQM)
- The Mosaic Company
- Yara International ASA,