The China Rice Seed Market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.19%
- Largest Segment by Breeding Technology - Open Pollinated Varieties & Hybrid Derivatives: The high share is due to the higher area under open pollinated varieties and hybrid derivatives. The ease of seed production, and low input requirement drive the market.
- Fastest-growing Segment by Breeding Technology - Hybrids: The fastest growth of hybrids is associated with the characteristics such as high yielding, disese resistant, and development and approval of transgenic hybrid varieties.
Key Market Trends
Open Pollinated Varieties & Hybrid Derivatives is the largest segment by Breeding Technology.
- In China, open-pollinated varieties and hybrid derivatives (OPVs) dominated the market with a 50.8% share value in 2021. It is associated with the high volume of seed requirements for planting and low-cost seeds compared to hybrids.
- In China, the area under rice open-pollinated varieties and hybrid derivatives account for around 40.0% of the area under cultivation. The low cost of open-pollinated varieties, high adoption to local conditions, options for farm-saved seeds, and timely non-availability of hybrids are the factors expected to drive the demand for open-pollinated and hybrid derivative rice seeds in China during the forecast period.
- Similarly. in 2021, hybrid rice seeds accounted for 49.2% of the market value in China’s rice seed market due to their high-yielding characteristics and resistance to biotic and abiotic stresses.
- In the Chinese hybrid rice seed market, transgenic hybrids accounted for the market share of 80% in 2021 due to their resistance to major lepidopteran insect pests and tolerance to common herbicides. Therefore, the demand for hybrids is expected to increase in the country during the forecast period.
- Among the transgenic hybrids, insect-resistant transgenic hybrid rice holds 75.0% of the market share, whereas herbicide-tolerant transgenic hybrid rice holds 25.0% of the market share in 2021.
- In China, non-transgenic hybrids accounted for 20.0% of the hybrid rice seed market value in 2021. The market increased by 19.5% during 2016-2021, mainly due to the high adaption of hybrid seeds compared to traditional or inbreed seeds in the country.
- Therefore, with the aforementioned factors, both the hybrid seed segment and OPVs seed market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
Competitive LandscapeThe China Rice Seed Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 17.83%. The major players in this market are Anhui Tsuen Yin Hi-Tech Seed Industry Co., Ltd., Beidahuang Kenfeng Seed Co Ltd, Hefei Fengle Seed Industry Co., Ltd, Yuan Longping High-Tech Agriculture Co., Ltd and Zhongnongfa Seed Industry Group Co., Ltd. (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 Area Under Cultivation
4.2 Most Popular Traits
4.3 Regulatory Framework
4.4 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Breeding Technology
220.127.116.11 Non-Transgenic Hybrids
18.104.22.168 Transgenic Hybrids
22.214.171.124.1 Herbicide Tolerant
126.96.36.199.2 Insect Resistant
5.1.2 Open Pollinated Varieties & Hybrid Derivatives
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Anhui Tsuen Yin Hi-Tech Seed Industry Co., Ltd.
6.4.2 Beidahuang Kenfeng Seed Co Ltd
6.4.3 Beijing Golden Nonghua Seed Industry Technology Co., Ltd.
6.4.4 Groupe Limagrain
6.4.5 Hefei Fengle Seed Industry Co., Ltd
6.4.6 Jiangsu Hongqi Seed Industry Co., Ltd
6.4.7 Jiangsu Zhongjiang Seed Industry Co., Ltd.
6.4.8 Kehuiseed Co.,LTD
6.4.9 Yuan Longping High-Tech Agriculture Co., Ltd
6.4.10 Zhongnongfa Seed Industry Group Co., Ltd.
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR SEEDS CEOS
8.1 Global Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Global Market Size and DROs
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Anhui Tsuen Yin Hi-Tech Seed Industry Co., Ltd.
- Beidahuang Kenfeng Seed Co Ltd
- Beijing Golden Nonghua Seed Industry Technology Co., Ltd.
- Groupe Limagrain
- Hefei Fengle Seed Industry Co., Ltd
- Jiangsu Hongqi Seed Industry Co., Ltd
- Jiangsu Zhongjiang Seed Industry Co., Ltd.
- Kehuiseed Co.,LTD
- Yuan Longping High-Tech Agriculture Co., Ltd
- Zhongnongfa Seed Industry Group Co., Ltd.