The Europe Acrylic Adhesives Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.94%
- Largest Segment by End User Industry - Packaging: Packaging is the dominant end-user industry in the market owing to acrylic adhesives’ widespread usage in pressure-sensitive applications such as labels and tapes.
- Largest Segment by Technology - Water-borne: Water-borne is the largest technology type in the market owing to its wide range of applications in the packaging and building and construction industries.
- Largest Segment by Country - Germany: In Europe, Germany holds the largest market share owing to the strong presence of manufacturers in the country's packaging and building and construction industries.
- Fastest-growing Segment by Country - Russia: Due to the increasing demand for packaging solutions, Russia is likely to be the fastest-growing country in the market over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Packaging is the largest segment by End User Industry.
- Acrylic adhesives are widely used in the construction industry because of their applications, such as waterproofing, weather-sealing, cracks sealing, and bonding. The overall revenue of the construction sector in Europe grew tremendously, registering the highest Y-o-Y growth in 2021 compared to 2020 because of the initiatives and measures taken by the EU Commission, such as the infusion of EUR 750 billion for all sectors under the COVID-19 pandemic recovery plan, named Next Generation EU. Under this plan, the construction sector received the highest investment because of the European objective of green and digital transition in buildings, which led to growth in the annual renovation rate of existing buildings and structures. The European construction adhesives segment accounted for about 26% of the global market in 2021.
- Acrylic adhesives are also widely used across the automotive industry because of their applicability to surfaces such as glass, metal, plastic, and painted surfaces, and their features are helpful in the automotive industry, such as extreme weather resistance, durability, and long-lasting. These are used in engines and car gaskets. The recently proposed regulation (Fit for 55) sets objectives of a 55% reduction in CO2 emissions from vehicles and a 50% reduction in CO2 emissions from vans by 2030. (EU, 2021). It also suggests that by 2035, all emissions from vehicles and vans be eliminated. These factors are expected to increase demand for automotive adhesives in the forecast period.
- Acrylic adhesives are used in the healthcare industry for applications such as assembling medical device parts. The increase in healthcare investments across Europe is expected to lead to a rise in their demand in the forecast period 2022-2028.
Germany is the largest segment by Country.
- From 2017 to 2021, the demand generated from Europe ranked second globally. The share of the demand for acrylic adhesives from this region has consistently accounted for 30-31% of the global demand because of the high manufacturing capacity of the automotive, aerospace, building and construction, and other end-user industries in the region. Acrylic adhesives with reactive, water-borne, and solvent-borne technologies generate most of the demand in the region.
- From 2017 to 2019, the demand for adhesives from this region recorded a CAGR of 2.14%. The slow growth in the demand for acrylic adhesives was due to a decline in automotive production, especially the diesel vehicles segment in the region. The demand from these end-user industries declined with a CAGR of 0.08% in volume terms during this period.
- In 2020, the demand from all end-user industries across the region declined due to constraints in operations, labor, raw material, supply chain, and other areas. Among all industries from all the countries in the region, the automotive industry in Germany and France took the worst hit, declining by 22.96% and 35.60%, respectively, in y-o-y volume terms.
- In 2021, the demand for acrylic adhesives started to recover from all countries in the region and was expected to outgrow pre-pandemic demand volume by 2022. The demand from Italy witnessed the highest y-o-y growth of 8.85% in volume terms. This growth trend is expected to continue from 2022 to 2028. The demand for acrylic adhesives from Europe is expected to record a CAGR of 3.80% during the forecast period 2022-2028.
Competitive LandscapeThe Europe Acrylic Adhesives Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 21.22%. The major players in this market are 3M, Arkema Group, AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION, H.B. Fuller Company and Henkel AG & Co. KGaA (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 End User Trends
4.2 Regulatory Framework
4.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End User Industry
5.1.3 Building And Construction
5.1.4 Footwear And Leather
5.1.7 Other End-user Industries
5.2.3 UV Cured Adhesives
5.3.6 United Kingdom
5.3.7 Rest Of Europe
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.3 AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
6.4.5 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.6 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.7 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.8 MAPEI S.p.A.
6.4.9 Sika AG
6.4.10 Soudal Holding N.V.
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ADHESIVES AND SEALANTS CEOS
8.1 Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Arkema Group
- AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Huntsman International LLC
- MAPEI S.p.A.
- Sika AG
- Soudal Holding N.V.