The United States Construction Adhesives & Sealants Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.90%
- Largest Segment by Technology - Sealants: In the United States, sealants have registered the highest market share due to their wide-ranging applications in the building and construction industry, including joint sealing, insulation, curtain wall, façade, and glazing.
- Fastest-growing Segment by Technology - Sealants: With the increasing demand for non-toxic and low VOC content sealants for the building and construction industry, sealants are likely to be the fastest-growing technology over the forecast period.
- Largest Segment by Resin - Polyurethane: Polyurethane resins hold the highest market share owing to their wide-ranging applications in the building and construction industry, specifically for interior and exterior applications.
- Fastest-growing Segment by Resin - Silicone: Silicone resin is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for sustainable, affordable, and eco-friendly construction products in the country.
Key Market Trends
Polyurethane is the largest segment by Resin.
- Resins impart the required physical and chemical properties such as UV resistance, heat resistance, and tensile strength in the adhesives that can be used in specific applications. New construction is expected to grow to 5.8 billion square feet in 2022 from 5.6 billion in 2021.
- The construction adhesives and sealants recorded a sudden growth of 5.12% in volume in 2021 due to the economic recovery, regularization of raw materials supply, and reopening of production facilities in the United States, which the COVID-19 pandemic impacted in 2020. During the pandemic, lockdowns across the country caused the shutdown of production facilities and a decline in the consumption of adhesives.
- These adhesives are segmented into different resins, of which polyurethane and acrylic resin-based adhesives are widely used in construction applications. These adhesives are known as structural adhesives, which offer high tensile strength in the range of 5 to 8 N/mm². They are used in construction to bond decorative floor coverings and ceramic tiles adhesives, seal metal parts into concrete, bond a door frame into masonry, and many other applications.
- The United States accounts for the highest consumption of construction adhesives and sealants, accounting for nearly 70% of the North American market in 2021 because of the rising demand for residential and non-residential construction. The new building and constructions in the country are expected to reach 7.1 billion square feet by 2028 and, thus, drive the demand for construction adhesives and sealants over the forecast period.
Competitive LandscapeThe United States Construction Adhesives & Sealants Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 39.40%. The major players in this market are 3M, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, RPM International Inc. and Sika AG (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 End User Trends
4.2 Regulatory Framework
4.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.7 Other Resins
5.2.1 Hot Melt
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.4 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.5 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.6 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.7 Illinois Tool Works Inc.
6.4.8 MAPEI S.p.A.
6.4.9 RPM International Inc.
6.4.10 Sika AG
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ADHESIVES AND SEALANTS CEOS
8.1 Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Arkema Group
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Huntsman International LLC
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- MAPEI S.p.A.
- RPM International Inc.
- Sika AG