The Germany Sealants Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.46%
- Largest Segment by End User Industry - Building and Construction: In Germany, building and construction is the dominant end-user industry owing to the wide range of sealant applications, including joint sealing, heat insulation, glazing, and façade.
- Fastest-growing Segment by End User Industry - Healthcare: Due to the increasing healthcare expenditure and rising investment in tissue engineering and medical device production, the healthcare segment is projected to witness the fastest growth in the country.
- Largest Segment by Resin - Silicone: Silicone sealants have the largest share owing to their wide applications in building construction and automotive industries, specifically for exterior applications.
- Fastest-growing Segment by Resin - Silicone: Due to sheer strength and high impact resistance abilities, silicone sealants are mostly used in construction applications. Thus, silicone resins are expected to register the fastest growth in the market.
Key Market Trends
Building and Construction is the largest segment by End User Industry.
- The German sealants market is majorly driven by the construction industry, followed by other end-user industries due to diverse applications of sealants in building construction, such as waterproofing, weather-sealing, cracks-sealing, and joint-sealing. The German construction industry obtained nearly 5.9% of the country’s GDP, which will propel the sealants demand in the coming years. The increasing growth of residential construction projects due to the shortage in housing facilities and ongoing renovating works will augment the sealants demand in Germany during the forecast period.
- A variety of sealants are widely used in electronics and electrical equipment manufacturing for potting and protecting materials. They are used for sealing sensors and cables, etc. The German electronics market is the sixth largest in the world, generating 2.6% (2021) of revenue share, which is likely to grow in the upcoming years. This, in terms, will foster the demand for sealants in the other end-user segment.
- Germany has achieved significant development in the healthcare and automotive industries over the decades. Sealants are used in applications in healthcare, such as assembling and sealing medical device parts. The automotive industry exhibits significant applicability of sealants to various substrates, such as glass, metal, plastic, and painted surfaces. These are mostly used in engines and car gaskets. Germany has registered about 23% of the market share in terms of the production of premium cars in 2021. German automotive and OEMs focus on manufacturing electric vehicles to reduce carbon emissions and maintain vehicle weight to meet the industry standard. These factors will augment automotive and OEM production in the near future, which gradually influences the demand.
Competitive LandscapeThe Germany Sealants Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 43.36%. The major players in this market are 3M, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Sika AG and Soudal Holding N.V. (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 End User Trends
4.2 Regulatory Framework
4.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End User Industry
5.1.3 Building And Construction
5.1.5 Other End-user Industries
5.2.5 Other Resins
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.4 EGO Dichtstoffwerke GmbH & Co. Betriebs KG
6.4.5 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.6 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.7 MAPEI S.p.A.
6.4.8 Sika AG
6.4.9 Soudal Holding N.V.
6.4.10 Wacker Chemie AG
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ADHESIVES AND SEALANTS CEOS
8.1 Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Arkema Group
- EGO Dichtstoffwerke GmbH & Co. Betriebs KG
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- MAPEI S.p.A.
- Sika AG
- Soudal Holding N.V.
- Wacker Chemie AG