The South Africa Adhesives Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.15%
- Largest Segment by End User Industry - Packaging: The packaging industry has registered to hold the largest share in the South African adhesives market owing to its widespread applications, including labels, tapes, carton sealing and joining, and labeling.
- Fastest-growing Segment by End User Industry - Aerospace: The aerospace industry has registered as the fastest end-user segment in the South African adhesives market owing to the rapid expansion of general aviation and civil aviation in the domestic market.
- Largest Segment by Technology - Water-borne: Water-borne technology, an environmentally friendly and economically viable solution, has obtained a major share in the South African adhesives market due to its well-recognized usage in food packaging applications through emulsion and dispersion systems.
- Largest Segment by Resin - Polyurethane: Polyurethane adhesives hold the largest share owing to their wide applications in building construction, woodworking, and automotive industries, specifically for exterior applications.
Key Market Trends
Packaging is the largest segment by End User Industry.
- South Africa is one of the top individual demand generators in Africa. From 2017 to 2021, South Africa maintained a 14 to 16% share. Acrylic, epoxy, and EVA are the most often used resins in South Africa. The building and construction, packaging, and healthcare industries account for the majority of the country's adhesive demand.
- The demand for adhesives increased dramatically between 2017 and 2019. The automotive and construction end-user sectors are driving the increase in the demand for adhesives, mostly as a result of policy assistance from the government. For example, the introduction of the Automotive Manufacturing Development Program (APDP) in 2013 enhanced long-term automotive investments in the nation, which expanded local production capacity during this forecasting time.
- Adhesives are majorly consumed in the packaging industry in the country owing to their importance in bonding plastics, metals, and paper and cardboard packaging applications. Waterborne adhesives are highly consumed in the industry because of their cheaper cost and high bonding strength, which is required in these applications. It is seen that nearly 30 thousand tons of water-borne adhesives were consumed in the packaging industry of the country in 2021.
- Furthermore, African nations are making significant attempts to improve domestic production with the support of increased investment from Asian and European countries. As a result, established overseas firms, such as Lupin and Dr. Reddy's, are anticipated to increase their manufacturing capacity in the region. This factor is predicted to increase demand for healthcare packaging materials, such as blister packs, caps and closures, pouches, and IV bags.
Competitive LandscapeThe South Africa Adhesives Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 27.81%. The major players in this market are Arkema Group, AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA and Permoseal (Pty) Ltd (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 End User Trends
4.2 Regulatory Framework
4.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End User Industry
5.1.3 Building And Construction
5.1.4 Footwear And Leather
5.1.7 Woodworking And Joinery
5.1.8 Other End-user Industries
5.2.1 Hot Melt
5.2.4 UV Cured Adhesives
5.3.7 Other Resins
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Arkema Group
6.4.2 AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
6.4.5 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.6 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.7 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.8 Permoseal (Pty) Ltd
6.4.9 Sika AG
6.4.10 UNIKEM Group of Companies
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ADHESIVES AND SEALANTS CEOS
8.1 Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Arkema Group
- AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Huntsman International LLC
- Permoseal (Pty) Ltd
- Sika AG
- UNIKEM Group of Companies