The Singapore Adhesives Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.78%
- Largest Segment by End User Industry - Packaging: The packaging industry holds the largest share of the market owing to its widespread applications, including labels, tapes, carton sealing, joining, and labeling.
- Fastest-growing Segment by End User Industry - Woodworking and Joinery: With the increasing demand for residential furniture, the woodworking and joinery industry is forecasted to be the fastest-growing segment in the upcoming years.
- Largest Segment by Technology - Hot Melt: In Singapore, hot melt adhesives gain the major market share owing to their easy applicability, non-toxic, and fast curing process across industries.
- Largest Segment by Resin - Polyurethane: Polyurethane adhesives hold the largest share owing to their wide applications in building construction, woodworking, and automotive industries, specifically for exterior applications.
Key Market Trends
Packaging is the largest segment by End User Industry.
- Singapore's strong manufacturing capacities across healthcare, packaging, and electronic industries and adhesives have found a growth opportunity in terms of bonding and assembling applications. The demand for adhesives declined in 2020 due to trade and supply chain restrictions because of the COVID-19 pandemic, which resulted in a decline of above 7.5% in comparison to that of 2019.
- Adhesives are majorly consumed in the packaging industry in the country owing to their importance in bonding plastics, metals, and paper and cardboard packaging applications. Waterborne adhesives are highly consumed in the industry because of their cheaper cost and high bonding strength, which is required in these applications. It is seen that nearly 32 thousand tons of water-borne adhesives were consumed in the packaging industry of the country in 2021. Hot-melt adhesives are the fastest-growing technology in the packaging industry, with a CAGR of 5.58% during the period 2022-2028. Sustainable food packaging may assist ensure the safety of the food consumed while also reducing food waste and thus helping the adhesives demand to increase in the industry. These factors have highly motivated the demand for packaging in the food sector.
- Singapore's adhesives are also largely being consumed across the healthcare industry. Singapore's healthcare system is regarded as one of the greatest in the world, offering some of the most cutting-edge medical treatments. This is due to robust regulatory oversight, a cost-sharing structure that includes both the commercial and public sectors and payments from medical savings accounts.
Competitive LandscapeThe Singapore Adhesives Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 22.87%. The major players in this market are 3M, Arkema Group, AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION, Dow and Henkel AG & Co. KGaA (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 End User Trends
4.2 Regulatory Framework
4.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End User Industry
5.1.3 Building And Construction
5.1.4 Footwear And Leather
5.1.7 Woodworking And Joinery
5.1.8 Other End-user Industries
5.2.1 Hot Melt
5.2.4 UV Cured Adhesives
5.3.7 Other Resins
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 ALTECO co., ltd.
6.4.3 Arkema Group
6.4.4 AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
6.4.7 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.8 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.9 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.10 Sika AG
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ADHESIVES AND SEALANTS CEOS
8.1 Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- ALTECO co., ltd.
- Arkema Group
- AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Huntsman International LLC
- Sika AG