The Germany Adhesives Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.16%
- Largest Segment by End User Industry - Packaging: In Germany, the packaging industry is the dominant end-user industry owing to a wide range of adhesive applications, including labels, tapes, carton sealing and joining, laminating, and others.
- Fastest-growing Segment by End User Industry - Packaging: The packaging industry is the fastest-growing end-user segment in the market, owing to the rising demand for packaging applications including labels, tapes, carton sealing and joining, laminating, and others.
- Largest Segment by Technology - Water-borne: Water-borne technology, an environmentally friendly and economically viable solution, has obtained a major share of the market due to its well-recognized usage in food packaging applications through emulsion and dispersion systems.
- Largest Segment by Resin - Acrylic: The acrylic-based adhesives segment holds the major market share owing to their pressure-sensitive applications in packaging, construction, and healthcare end users.
Key Market Trends
Packaging is the largest segment by End User Industry.
- Adhesives are majorly consumed in the packaging industry in the country owing to their importance in bonding plastics, metals, and paper & cardboard packaging applications. Waterborne adhesives are highly consumed in the industry because of their cheaper cost and high bonding strength which is required in these applications. It is seen that nearly 161 thousand tons of water-borne adhesives are consumed in the packaging industry of the country during 2021.
- The German adhesives market is majorly driven by the construction industry due to diverse applications, such as roofing, plumbing, and flooring. The construction industry of Germany obtained nearly 5.9% of the country’s GDP, which will propel the adhesives demand in the coming years. The increasing growth of residential construction projects due to the shortage in housing facilities and ongoing renovating works will augment the adhesives demand in Germany during the forecast period.
- Germany has achieved significant development in the healthcare and automotive industries over the decades. Adhesives are used in applications in healthcare, such as assembling and sealing medical device parts. The automotive industry exhibits significant applicability of adhesives to various substrates, such as glass, metal, plastic, and painted surfaces. Germany has registered about 23% of the market share in terms of the production of premium cars in 2021. German automotive and OEMs focus on manufacturing electric vehicles to reduce carbon emissions and maintain vehicle weight to meet the industry standard. These factors will augment automotive and OEM production in the near future, which gradually influences the demand for automotive adhesives.
Competitive LandscapeThe Germany Adhesives Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 44.20%. The major players in this market are 3M, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Jowat SE and Sika AG (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 End User Trends
4.2 Regulatory Framework
4.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End User Industry
5.1.3 Building And Construction
5.1.4 Footwear And Leather
5.1.7 Woodworking And Joinery
5.1.8 Other End-user Industries
5.2.1 Hot Melt
5.2.4 UV Cured Adhesives
5.3.7 Other Resins
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.3 AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
6.4.4 DELO Industrie Klebstoffe GmbH & Co. KGaA
6.4.6 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.7 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.8 Jowat SE
6.4.9 KLEBCHEMIE M. G. Becker GmbH & Co. KG
6.4.10 Sika AG
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ADHESIVES AND SEALANTS CEOS
8.1 Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Arkema Group
- AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
- DELO Industrie Klebstoffe GmbH & Co. KGaA
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Jowat SE
- KLEBCHEMIE M. G. Becker GmbH & Co. KG
- Sika AG