The Australia Aviation Market is projected to register a CAGR of -3.69%
- Largest Market by Aircraft Type - Military Aviation: Rising geopolitical tensions and ongoing conflicts between the countries are some factors prompting the country to spend on military equipment.
- Largest Market by Sub-Aircraft Type - Fixed-Wing Aircraft: The country's focus on enhancing its combat capabilities by procuring technologically advanced combat aircraft drives the fixed-wing aircraft market growth in military aviation.
Key Market Trends
Military Aviation is the largest segment by Aircraft Type.
- The air transportation industry, comprising airlines and its supply chain, is projected to contribute around USD 39 billion of GDP annually to the Australian economy. In all, inputs to the air transport sector and foreign tourists coming by air support more than 2% of the country's GDP.
- The deliveries in overall aviation witnessed a fall of around 50% in 2020. The OEMs experienced problems such as a halt in production to the supply chain and transportation issues due to the lockdown.
- In commercial aviation, the country's airline companies witnessed a 237% rise in air passenger traffic in 2021, with faster recovery in domestic aviation leading to a surge in the procurement of narrow-body aircraft. During the forecast period, 2022-2028, around 18 commercial aircraft are expected to be delivered to the country.
- In the General aviation sector, the overall delivery comprising business jet, helicopter, Piston, and Turboprop aircraft surged around 49% during 2019-2021. The factors such as the increasing rate of HNWIs, training schools, and the fleet expansion of Charter operators in the country are expected to propel the general aviation sector.
- The country's defense expenditure surged around 16% from 2020-2021, rising from USD 27.3 billion in 2020 to USD 31.7 billion in 2021. The defense expenditure of the country was 2% of the GDP. The ongoing conflicts and security challenges from China, along with the need to replace the aging fleet, have propelled the procurement of military aircraft in the country.
Competitive LandscapeThe Australia Aviation Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 87.33%. The major players in this market are Airbus SE, Bombardier Inc., General Dynamics Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation and Textron Inc. (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 Air Passenger Traffic
4.2 Air Transport Freight
4.3 Gross Domestic Product
4.4 Revenue Passenger Kilometers (RPK)
4.5 Inflation Rate
4.6 Active Fleet Data
4.7 Defense Spending
4.8 High-Net-Worth Individual (HNWI)
4.9 Regulatory Framework
4.10 Value Chain Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Aircraft Type
5.1.1 Commercial Aviation
22.214.171.124 By Sub Aircraft Type
126.96.36.199.1 Freighter Aircraft
188.8.131.52.2 Passenger Aircraft
184.108.40.206.2.1 By Body Type
220.127.116.11.2.1.1 Narrowbody Aircraft
18.104.22.168.2.1.2 Widebody Aircraft
5.1.2 General Aviation
22.214.171.124 By Sub Aircraft Type
126.96.36.199.1 Business Jets
188.8.131.52.1.1 By Body Type
184.108.40.206.1.1.1 Large Jet
220.127.116.11.1.1.2 Light Jet
18.104.22.168.1.1.3 Mid-Size Jet
22.214.171.124.2 Piston Fixed-Wing Aircraft
5.1.3 Military Aviation
126.96.36.199 By Sub Aircraft Type
188.8.131.52.1 Fixed-Wing Aircraft
184.108.40.206.1.1 By Body Type
220.127.116.11.1.1.1 Multi-Role Aircraft
18.104.22.168.1.1.2 Training Aircraft
22.214.171.124.1.1.3 Transport Aircraft
126.96.36.199.2.1 By Body Type
188.8.131.52.2.1.1 Multi-Mission Helicopter
184.108.40.206.2.1.2 Transport Helicopter
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Airbus SE
6.4.2 Bombardier Inc.
6.4.3 Cirrus Design Corporation
6.4.5 General Dynamics Corporation
6.4.6 Leonardo S.p.A
6.4.7 Lockheed Martin Corporation
6.4.8 Pilatus Aircraft Ltd
6.4.9 Textron Inc.
6.4.10 The Boeing Company
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR AVIATION CEOS
8.1 Global Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Market Dynamics (DROs)
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Airbus SE
- Bombardier Inc.
- Cirrus Design Corporation
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Leonardo S.p.A
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Pilatus Aircraft Ltd
- Textron Inc.
- The Boeing Company