The Australia Road Freight Transport Market is projected to register a CAGR of 3.29%
- Largest Segment by Distance - Short Haul: Short-haul trucking services dominate the Australian road freight transport market, attributable to e-commerce, which holds a 1.80% share of the country's GDP. The country ranked 13th in the ease of doing business index, promoting small businesses to carry out trade within the country.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Solid Goods: Solid goods are the largest segment of Australia's road freight transport market. Liquid goods include a small category of goods, such as oil, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals, constituting a relatively smaller market share.
- Largest Segment by End User - Manufacturing: The manufacturing segment is the largest end-user segment in the Australian road freight market. The sector is a major part of government's plan in developing Australia as the sector contributed over 5.88% to GDP in 2021.
- Fastest Growing Segment by TruckLoad Specification - Less than Truckload: Truck traffic is anticipated to surge by 25% by the end of the decade. The thriving e-commerce sector is the primary end user of LTL services, thus making it the fastest-growing sector.
Key Market Trends
Manufacturing is the largest segment by End User.
- The Budget 2020-2021 announcement included the USD-1.5-billion Modern Manufacturing Strategy project. Manufacturing is critical to the modern Australian economy. It is a vital part of Australia’s response to the COVID-19 crisis. Manufacturing is key to almost every supply chain, and it adds value to all sectors. This strategy will help Australian manufacturers to scale up, improve competitiveness, and build more resilient supply chains.
- The value of agricultural production in Australia is forecast to reach USD 80.4 billion in the near future. This value is the second-highest on record. The value of agricultural exports is forecast to be the highest on record, amounting to approximately USD 64.9 billion. These outcomes reflect favorable conditions in Australia and very high prices of food across the world.
- The gross value of the agricultural sector of New South Wales jumped from USD 6.8 billion (61%) to USD 18 billion in 2021. This sharp rise was largely driven by a close-to-ideal cereal crop season in the state. To a lesser extent, both Queensland and Western Australia recorded increases in the gross value of agriculture, which went up by 7% to amount to USD 14.5 billion and up by 14% to amount to USD 10.2 billion, respectively. Victoria had a mixed season that was reflected by a 2% drop in its gross value of agriculture, amounting to USD 17.5 billion, driven by falls in the values of livestock disposals (down by 9%) and livestock products (down by 4%).
Competitive LandscapeThe Australia Road Freight Transport Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 38.85%. The major players in this market are Deutsche Post DHL Group, FedEx, Linfox, Scott's Refrigerated Logistics and Toll Group (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 GDP Distribution By Economic Activity
4.2 GDP Growth By Economic Activity
4.3 Wholesale Price Inflation
4.4 Economic Performance And Profile
4.5 Transport And Storage Sector GDP
4.6 Logistics Performance
4.7 Modal Share Of Freight Transport Sector
4.8 Length Of Roads
4.9 Export Trends
4.10 Import Trends
4.11 Fuel Pricing Trends
4.12 Trucking Operational Costs
4.13 Trucking Fleet Size By Type
4.14 Major Truck Suppliers
4.15 Road Freight Tonnage Trends
4.16 Road Freight Pricing Trends
4.17 Regulatory Framework
4.18 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End User
5.1.1 Agriculture, Fishing And Forestry
5.1.4 Oil And Gas, Mining And Quarrying
5.1.5 Wholesale And Retail Trade
5.3 Truckload Specification
5.3.1 Full Truckload
5.3.2 Less Than Truckload
5.4.2 Non- Containerized
5.5.1 Long Haul
5.5.2 Short Haul
5.6 Product Type
5.6.1 Liquid Goods
5.6.2 Solid Goods
5.7 Temperature Control
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Deutsche Post DHL Group
6.4.3 K&S Corporation Limited
6.4.5 Lindsay Australia Ltd
6.4.7 LINX Cargo Care Group
6.4.10 Scott's Refrigerated Logistics
6.4.11 Toll Group
6.4.12 United Petroleum Pty Ltd.
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ROAD FREIGHT CEOS
8.1 Global Logistics Market Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Market Dynamics (Market Drivers, Restraints & Opportunities)
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
8.7 Currency Exchange Rate
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Deutsche Post DHL Group
- K&S Corporation Limited
- Lindsay Australia Ltd
- LINX Cargo Care Group
- Scott's Refrigerated Logistics
- Toll Group
- United Petroleum Pty Ltd.