- The toys & games market includes retail sales of action figures, activity toys, dolls, games, infant and baby toys, miniature models, plush toys, puzzles, ride-on model toys, and toy vehicles. All market data and forecasts are represented as consumer expenditure in retailers which includes sales taxes (e.g. VAT) and figures presented are in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- The Italian toys & games retail market had total sales of $2,415.9 million in 2021, representing a negative compound annual rate of change (CARC) of 0.4% between 2017 and 2021.
- Other specialist retailers account for the largest proportion of sales in the Italian toys & games retail market in 2021. Sales through this channel generated $863.2 million, equivalent to 35.7% of the market's overall value.
- Italy has a significant market share in the European toys & games retail market, making up over 8.5%.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the toys & games retail market in Italy
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the toys & games retail market in Italy
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key toys & games retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy toys & games retail market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Italy toys & games retail market by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the Italy toys & games retail market in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy toys & games retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in Italy's toys & games retail market?
Table of Contents1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Geography segmentation
1.4. Market rivalry
1.5. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Geography segmentation
4.2. Market distribution
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. What is the rationale for the recent M&A activity?
7.4. What impact is COVID-19 having on the leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Amazon.com, Inc.
8.2. Lego AS
8.3. Carrefour SA
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related Research
10.4. About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy toys & games retail market value: $ million, 2016-21
Table 2: Italy toys & games retail market geography segmentation: $ million, 2021
Table 3: Italy toys & games retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Table 4: Italy toys & games retail market value forecast: $ million, 2021-26
Table 5: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 6: Amazon.com, Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: Key Employees
Table 8: Amazon.com, Inc.: Key Employees Continued
Table 9: Lego AS: key facts
Table 10: Lego AS: Key Employees
Table 11: Carrefour SA: key facts
Table 12: Carrefour SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 13: Carrefour SA: Key Employees
Table 14: Carrefour SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 15: Italy size of population (million), 2017-21
Table 16: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 17: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 18: Italy inflation, 2017-21
Table 19: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2017-21
Table 20: Italy exchange rate, 2017-21
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy toys & games retail market value: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 2: Italy toys & games retail market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 3: Italy toys & games retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 4: Italy toys & games retail market value forecast: $ million, 2021-26
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the toys & games retail market in Italy, 2021
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the toys & games retail market in Italy, 2021
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the toys & games retail market in Italy, 2021
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the toys & games retail market in Italy, 2021
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the toys & games retail market in Italy, 2021
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the toys & games retail market in Italy, 2021
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Lego AS
- Carrefour SA