- The home & garden products market consists of gardening and outdoor living products, home improvement products, and homewares. Gardening and outdoor living includes garden buildings, manual and electric garden tools, garden utensils, outdoor living products (garden furniture, barbecues, ornaments), and plants and growing media (bulbs, compost, domestic fertilizer, flowering plants, seeds, shrubs and trees). Home improvement includes retail (not trade) sales of decorating materials (paint, varnish, wall tiles, wallpaper), Electricals hardware (alarms, light fittings, plugs, switches), hardware (brackets, locks, nails, bolts, nuts, etc.), other materials (adhesive, aggregates, boards, cement, doors, window frames, glass, bricks, timber, etc.), and manual and power tools. Homewares includes retail sales of home hardware (crockery, cutlery, glassware, rubbish bins, storage, mechanical utensils and home devices e.g. scales), lamps and lampshades, textiles and soft furnishings (bathroom textiles, beddings, cushions, futons, hammocks, mattresses, table linen, furniture covers, doormats), and window dressings (blinds, curtain poles, rails, curtains, hooks). All market data and forecasts are represented as a consumer expenditure in retailers which includes sales taxes (e.g. VAT) and figures presented are in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- The Spanish home & garden product retail market had total revenues of $12.6 billion in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.2% between 2017 and 2021.
- Home Improvement And Gardening Supplies Specialists account for the largest proportion of sales in the Spanish home & garden product retail market in 2021, sales through this channel generated $6.9 billion, equivalent to 54.8% of the market's overall value.
- In 2020, the market declined by 7.4%. In 2021, the market surged to double-digit strong growth. This is attributed to the favouring investment in home equipment and reforms due to restrictions on out-of-house leisure activities, such as tourism; growth in sales of DIY and home improvement products; and rise in inflation which led to rise in product prices.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the home & garden product retail market in Spain
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the home & garden product retail market in Spain
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key home & garden product retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Spain home & garden product retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Spain home & garden product retail market by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the Spain home & garden product retail market in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Spain home & garden product retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Spain's home & garden product retail market?
Table of Contents1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
4.3. Market distribution
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
7.3. How are leading players responding to the need for more sustainable business practices?
7.4. What has been the most significant M&A activity in recent years?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Inter IKEA Systems BV
8.2. Kingfisher Plc
8.3. Groupe Adeo SA
8.4. El Corte Ingles SA
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related Research
10.4. About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Spain home & garden product retail market value: $ billion, 2016-21
Table 2: Spain home & garden product retail market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2016-2021
Table 3: Spain home & garden product retail market category segmentation: $ billion, 2016-2021
Table 4: Spain home & garden product retail market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2021
Table 5: Spain home & garden product retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Table 6: Spain home & garden product retail market value forecast: $ billion, 2021-26
Table 7: Inter IKEA Systems BV: key facts
Table 8: Inter IKEA Systems BV: Key Employees
Table 9: Kingfisher Plc: key facts
Table 10: Kingfisher Plc: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 11: Kingfisher Plc: Key Employees
Table 12: Groupe Adeo SA: key facts
Table 13: Groupe Adeo SA: Key Employees
Table 14: El Corte Ingles SA: key facts
Table 15: El Corte Ingles SA: Key Employees
Table 16: Spain size of population (million), 2017-21
Table 17: Spain gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 18: Spain gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 19: Spain inflation, 2017-21
Table 20: Spain consumer price index (absolute), 2017-21
Table 21: Spain exchange rate, 2017-21
List of Figures
Figure 1: Spain home & garden product retail market value: $ billion, 2016-21
Figure 2: Spain home & garden product retail market category segmentation: $ billion, 2016-2021
Figure 3: Spain home & garden product retail market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 4: Spain home & garden product retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 5: Spain home & garden product retail market value forecast: $ billion, 2021-26
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the home & garden product retail market in Spain, 2021
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the home & garden product retail market in Spain, 2021
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the home & garden product retail market in Spain, 2021
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the home & garden product retail market in Spain, 2021
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the home & garden product retail market in Spain, 2021
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the home & garden product retail market in Spain, 2021
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Inter IKEA Systems BV
- Kingfisher Plc
- Groupe Adeo SA
- El Corte Ingles SA