- The apparel retail market includes baby clothing, toddler clothing and casual wear, essentials, formalwear, formalwear-occasion, and outerwear for men, women, boys and girls; excludes sports-specific clothing. All market data and forecasts are represented as a consumer expenditure in retailers which includes sales taxes (e.g. VAT) and figures presented are in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- The Norwegian apparel retail industry had total revenues of $6.3 billion in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.8% between 2017 and 2021.
- Clothing, footwear, and accessories specialists account for the largest proportion of sales in the Norwegian apparel retail industry in 2021, sales through this channel generated $4.4 billion, equivalent to 69.8% of the industry's overall value.
- In 2021, due to the vaccination rollout and measures to reopen the economy, many of the restrictions imposed due to COVID-19 were lifted, thereby boosting the economic recovery and driving a resurgence of consumption. The Norwegian industry witnessed strong growth of 8.8% in 2021 as the impact of the coronavirus pandemic subsided.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the apparel retail market in Norway
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the apparel retail market in Norway
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key apparel retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Norway apparel retail market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Norway apparel retail market by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the Norway apparel retail market in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Norway apparel retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in Norway's apparel retail market?
Table of Contents1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
4.3. Market distribution
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
7.3. How are leading players responding to the need for more sustainable business practices in the apparel retail market?
7.4. What trends have impacted leading players in the market?
7.5. How are leading players dealing with growing consumer preference for online shopping?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB
8.2. Varner-Gruppen AS
8.3. Steen & Strom ASA
8.4. IIC-INTERSPORT International Corporation GmbH
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related Research
10.4. About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Norway apparel retail industry value: $ million, 2016-21
Table 2: Norway apparel retail industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2016-2021
Table 3: Norway apparel retail industry category segmentation: $ million, 2016-2021
Table 4: Norway apparel retail industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2021
Table 5: Norway apparel retail industry distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Table 6: Norway apparel retail industry value forecast: $ million, 2021-26
Table 7: H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB: key facts
Table 8: H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB: Key Employees
Table 10: H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: Varner-Gruppen AS: key facts
Table 12: Varner-Gruppen AS: Key Employees
Table 13: Steen & Strom ASA: key facts
Table 14: Steen & Strom ASA: Key Employees
Table 15: IIC-INTERSPORT International Corporation GmbH: key facts
Table 16: IIC-INTERSPORT International Corporation GmbH: Key Employees
Table 17: Norway size of population (million), 2017-21
Table 18: Norway gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 19: Norway gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 20: Norway inflation, 2017-21
Table 21: Norway consumer price index (absolute), 2017-21
Table 22: Norway exchange rate, 2017-21
List of Figures
Figure 1: Norway apparel retail industry value: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 2: Norway apparel retail industry category segmentation: $ million, 2016-2021
Figure 3: Norway apparel retail industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 4: Norway apparel retail industry distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 5: Norway apparel retail industry value forecast: $ million, 2021-26
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the apparel retail industry in Norway, 2021
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the apparel retail industry in Norway, 2021
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the apparel retail industry in Norway, 2021
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the apparel retail industry in Norway, 2021
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the apparel retail industry in Norway, 2021
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the apparel retail industry in Norway, 2021
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB
- Varner-Gruppen AS
- Steen & Strom ASA
- IIC-INTERSPORT International Corporation GmbH