- The haircare market consists of retail sales of conditioner, hair colorants, hair loss treatments, perms & relaxers, salon hair care, shampoo and styling agents. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant annual average 2021 exchange rates
- The Chinese haircare market had total revenues of $12,905.6m in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4% between 2016 and 2021.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 0.5% between 2016 and 2021, to reach a total of 2,440.8 million units in 2021.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 2.9% for the five-year period 2021 - 2026, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $14,877.6m by the end of 2026.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the haircare market in China
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the haircare market in China
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key haircare market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the China haircare market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the China haircare market by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the China haircare market in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the China haircare market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in China's haircare market?
Table of Contents1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Market volume
1.4. Market volume forecast
1.5. Category segmentation
1.6. Geography segmentation
1.7. Market share
1.8. Market rivalry
1.9. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
3.2. Market volume
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
4.3. Market distribution
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
5.2. Market volume forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market share
7.2. Who are the leading players in the Chinese haircare market?
7.3. Which companies have been most successful in increasing their market shares in the last 5 years (2016-2021)?
7.4. Which companies market shares have suffered over the same period?
7.5. What are the most popular brands in the haircare market?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. The Procter & Gamble Co
8.2. Unilever Plc.
8.3. Beiersdorf AG
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related Research
10.4. About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: China haircare market value: $ million, 2016-21
Table 2: China haircare market volume: million units, 2016-21
Table 3: China haircare market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2016-2021
Table 4: China haircare market category segmentation: $ million, 2016-2021
Table 5: China haircare market geography segmentation: $ million, 2021
Table 6: China haircare market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Table 7: China haircare market value forecast: $ million, 2021-26
Table 8: China haircare market volume forecast: million units, 2021-26
Table 9: China haircare market share: % share, by value, 2021
Table 10: The Procter & Gamble Co: key facts
Table 11: The Procter & Gamble Co: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 12: The Procter & Gamble Co: Key Employees
Table 13: The Procter & Gamble Co: Key Employees Continued
Table 14: Unilever Plc.: key facts
Table 15: Unilever Plc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 16: Unilever Plc.: Key Employees
Table 17: Beiersdorf AG: key facts
Table 18: Beiersdorf AG: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 19: Beiersdorf AG: Key Employees
Table 20: China size of population (million), 2017-21
Table 21: China gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 22: China gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 23: China inflation, 2017-21
Table 24: China consumer price index (absolute), 2017-21
Table 25: China exchange rate, 2017-21
List of Figures
Figure 1: China haircare market value: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 2: China haircare market volume: million units, 2016-21
Figure 3: China haircare market category segmentation: $ million, 2016-2021
Figure 4: China haircare market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 5: China haircare market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 6: China haircare market value forecast: $ million, 2021-26
Figure 7: China haircare market volume forecast: million units, 2021-26
Figure 8: Forces driving competition in the haircare market in China, 2021
Figure 9: Drivers of buyer power in the haircare market in China, 2021
Figure 10: Drivers of supplier power in the haircare market in China, 2021
Figure 11: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the haircare market in China, 2021
Figure 12: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the haircare market in China, 2021
Figure 13: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the haircare market in China, 2021
Figure 14: China haircare market share: % share, by value, 2021
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- The Procter & Gamble Co
- Unilever Plc.
- Beiersdorf AG