- The toys & games market includes retail sales of action figures, activity toys, dolls, games, infant and baby toys, miniature models, plush toys, puzzles, ride-on model toys, and toy vehicles. All market data and forecasts are represented as consumer expenditure in retailers which includes sales taxes (e.g. VAT) and figures presented are in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- The European toys & games retail market had total sales of $28,353.2 million in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4% between 2017 and 2021.
- Other specialized retail accounts for the largest proportion of sales in the European toys & games retail market in 2021. Sales through this channel generated $7,361.7 million, equivalent to 26% of the market's overall value.
- In some markets in this region, such as the UK and the Netherlands, toys and games retail saw a boost amid the COVID-19 pandemic. While in 2021, these markets have not performed very well and are expected to grow at a steady rate in upcoming years.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the toys & games retail market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the toys & games retail market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key toys & games retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe toys & games retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Europe toys & games retail market by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the Europe toys & games retail market in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe toys & games retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Europe's toys & games retail market?
Table of Contents1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Geography segmentation
1.4. Market rivalry
1.5. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Geography segmentation
4.2. Market distribution
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do the leading players follow?
7.3. What is the rationale for the recent M&A activity?
7.4. What impact is COVID-19 having on the leading players?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Smyths Toys Ltd
8.2. Amazon.com, Inc.
8.3. Lego AS
8.4. Carrefour SA
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related Research
10.4. About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Europe toys & games retail market value: $ million, 2016-21
Table 2: Europe toys & games retail market geography segmentation: $ million, 2021
Table 3: Europe toys & games retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Table 4: Europe toys & games retail market value forecast: $ million, 2021-26
Table 5: Smyths Toys Ltd: key facts
Table 6: Smyths Toys Ltd: Key Employees
Table 7: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 8: Amazon.com, Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: Amazon.com, Inc.: Key Employees
Table 10: Amazon.com, Inc.: Key Employees Continued
Table 11: Lego AS: key facts
Table 12: Lego AS: Key Employees
Table 13: Carrefour SA: key facts
Table 14: Carrefour SA: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 15: Carrefour SA: Key Employees
Table 16: Carrefour SA: Key Employees Continued
Table 17: Europe size of population (million), 2017-21
Table 18: Europe gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 19: Europe gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 20: Europe inflation, 2017-21
Table 21: Europe consumer price index (absolute), 2017-21
Table 22: Europe exchange rate, 2017-21
List of Figures
Figure 1: Europe toys & games retail market value: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 2: Europe toys & games retail market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 3: Europe toys & games retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 4: Europe toys & games retail market value forecast: $ million, 2021-26
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the toys & games retail market in Europe, 2021
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the toys & games retail market in Europe, 2021
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the toys & games retail market in Europe, 2021
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the toys & games retail market in Europe, 2021
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the toys & games retail market in Europe, 2021
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the toys & games retail market in Europe, 2021
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Smyths Toys Ltd
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Lego AS
- Carrefour SA