- The home & garden products market consists of gardening and outdoor living products, home improvement products, and homewares. Gardening and outdoor living includes garden buildings, manual and electric garden tools, garden utensils, outdoor living products (garden furniture, barbecues, ornaments), and plants and growing media (bulbs, compost, domestic fertilizer, flowering plants, seeds, shrubs and trees). Home improvement includes retail (not trade) sales of decorating materials (paint, varnish, wall tiles, wallpaper), Electricals hardware (alarms, light fittings, plugs, switches), hardware (brackets, locks, nails, bolts, nuts, etc.), other materials (adhesive, aggregates, boards, cement, doors, window frames, glass, bricks, timber, etc.), and manual and power tools. Homewares includes retail sales of home hardware (crockery, cutlery, glassware, rubbish bins, storage, mechanical utensils and home devices e.g. scales), lamps and lampshades, textiles and soft furnishings (bathroom textiles, beddings, cushions, futons, hammocks, mattresses, table linen, furniture covers, doormats), and window dressings (blinds, curtain poles, rails, curtains, hooks). All market data and forecasts are represented as a consumer expenditure in retailers which includes sales taxes (e.g. VAT) and figures presented are in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- The Indian home & garden product retail market had total revenues of $40.1 billion in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6% between 2017 and 2021.
- Home Improvement And Gardening Supplies Specialists account for the largest proportion of sales in the Indian home & garden product retail market in 2021, sales through this channel generated $23.8 billion, equivalent to 59.3% of the market's overall value.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused significant disruption to the retail sector overall, and the home and garden product retail market has not been exempted from this. In 2021, the market surged to strong growth owing to strong economic recovery, opening of pent-up demand, and increasing in household consumption expenditure, as most of the population were still working from home and had free leisure time for home improvement activities.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the home & garden product retail market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the home & garden product retail market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key home & garden product retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India home & garden product retail market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the India home & garden product retail market by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the India home & garden product retail market in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India home & garden product retail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up India's home & garden product retail market?
Table of Contents1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
4.3. Market distribution
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What strategies do leading players follow?
7.3. Have any market players struggled in 2020?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Reliance Industries Limited
8.2. Godrej Industries Ltd
8.3. Future Retail Ltd
8.4. Nilkamal Ltd
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related Research
10.4. About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: India home & garden product retail market value: $ billion, 2016-21
Table 2: India home & garden product retail market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2016-2021
Table 3: India home & garden product retail market category segmentation: $ billion, 2016-2021
Table 4: India home & garden product retail market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2021
Table 5: India home & garden product retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Table 6: India home & garden product retail market value forecast: $ billion, 2021-26
Table 7: Reliance Industries Limited: key facts
Table 8: Reliance Industries Limited: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: Reliance Industries Limited: Key Employees
Table 10: Godrej Industries Ltd: key facts
Table 11: Godrej Industries Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 12: Godrej Industries Ltd: Key Employees
Table 13: Future Retail Ltd: key facts
Table 14: Future Retail Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 15: Future Retail Ltd: Key Employees
Table 16: Nilkamal Ltd: key facts
Table 17: Nilkamal Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 18: Nilkamal Ltd: Key Employees
Table 19: India size of population (million), 2017-21
Table 20: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 21: India gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2017-21
Table 22: India inflation, 2017-21
Table 23: India consumer price index (absolute), 2017-21
Table 24: India exchange rate, 2017-21
List of Figures
Figure 1: India home & garden product retail market value: $ billion, 2016-21
Figure 2: India home & garden product retail market category segmentation: $ billion, 2016-2021
Figure 3: India home & garden product retail market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 4: India home & garden product retail market distribution: % share, by value, 2021
Figure 5: India home & garden product retail market value forecast: $ billion, 2021-26
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the home & garden product retail market in India, 2021
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the home & garden product retail market in India, 2021
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the home & garden product retail market in India, 2021
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the home & garden product retail market in India, 2021
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the home & garden product retail market in India, 2021
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the home & garden product retail market in India, 2021
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Godrej Industries Ltd
- Future Retail Ltd
- Nilkamal Ltd