The report provides information and insights into Southwest Airlines' tech activities, including:
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Southwest is leveraging cloud technology to modernize operations. Southwest adopted AWS Security Hub, a cloud security posture management service that provides with a comprehensive view of security alerts and security posture across AWS accounts.
- Southwest adopted IoT solutions for monitoring critical operational equipment at airports. Sabel Systems developed an application that connected airport passenger boarding bridges, baggage handling systems, deicing equipment, and more, to monitor real-time operational metrics at various airports across Southwest's network.
- Southwest is optimizing its customer experience with big data analytics. For instance, it uses GE Aviation's flight analytics system to improve fuel consumption for its fleet of Boeing 737s.
- Southwest has committed $2 billion investment to transform customer experience, bringing more simplicity and speed by connecting customers with faster WiFi, new in-seat power, larger overhead bins, new self-service kiosks, and more.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Southwest Airlines' tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships and acquisition strategies.
Table of Contents
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Accelerators, Incubators, and Other Innovation Programs
- Technology Focus
- Technology Initiatives
- Partnership Network Map
- ICT Budget and Contracts
- Key Executives
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes: