In March 2022, Square joined hands with CodeBase, a technology start-up incubator in UK, to provide entrepreneurs with access to Square's payment ecosystem and APIs. Under this partnership, Square will support CodeBase's network of start-ups by providing them with workshops to learn from experts in commerce and payments areas.
This report provides insight into Block's fintech activities, including its digital transformation strategies, its innovation programs, its technology initiatives, its estimated ICT budget, and its major ICT contracts.
- Square is banking on AI and ML techniques to utilize data that it collects from its services and businesses. It uses ML models such as credit algorithms to analyse the transaction data of small businesses that use Square to collect payments and determine loan eligibility. Square has deployed machine learning across risk management, sales, marketing, analytics, and customer support.
- Most of Square's applications run on its data center, with the company is focusing on migrating these applications to the cloud. Square's Platform and Infrastructure Engineering team, which provides the infrastructure and tooling required to operate in the datacenter, is exploring cloud-hosting opportunities.
- Square's increasing investment in cryptocurrencies is in line with its strategy to become part of the global monetary system, to develop products driving financial inclusion. In December 2021, Square Inc. changed its name to Block Inc. to further enhance its focus on cryptocurrencies and rebranded its Square Crypto as Spiral.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Block's tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investment, and acquisition strategies.
Table of Contents
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Accelerators, Incubators, and Other Innovation Programs
- Technology Focus
- Technology Initiatives
- Partnership, Investment, and Acquisition Network Map
- ICT Budget and Contracts
- Key Executives
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Fobi AI
- Digital Main Street
- Yellow Card
- Oura Health
- Transparent Financial Systems