Green IoT and Communication Technologies are Driving Environmental Sensor Market Growth
By capturing data from connected devices (through wireless and non-wireless connections), environmental monitoring sensors monitor and control the quality of the surrounding environment. Advanced and varied sensing and monitoring technologies protect the environment from harmful infections and toxins. Environmental monitoring sensors evaluate the chemical composition of soil, the purity of water, and the quality of air. Data centers have explanations and justifications for all their monitoring sensor systems and strategies that help to determine the current state of the environment or form trends in environmental parameters.
Over the years, the need for air quality sensors has grown, and such sensors are usually connected to the air ventilation systems within facilities. Historical data is used to predict the future condition of air and take preventive measures. Technology convergence is playing a key role in ensuring that sensors benefit humans. Data analytics, cloud platforms, and other advanced machine learning act as platforms to provide actionable insights from the data retrieved from IoT-enabled environmental sensors.
The increasing adoption of the IoT concept drives the need for environmental sensors. The need to enhance environmental safety, the high demand for smart city applications, and governments' initiatives and funding support are other factors driving environmental sensor market growth.
This study assesses the significance and types of environmental monitoring sensors, industry initiatives, patent and funding trends, key global partnerships driving developments and adoption, and growth opportunities.
Table of Contents
1. Strategic Imperatives
- Why Is It Increasingly Difficult to Grow? The Strategic Imperative 8™: Factors Creating Pressure on Growth
- The Strategic Imperative 8™
- The Impact of the Top 3 Strategic Imperatives on the Environmental Sensors Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine™
- Research Methodology
- Summary of Key Findings
2. Growth Opportunity Analysis
- Scope of Analysis
- Growth Drivers
- Growth Restraints
3. Technology Significance - Types, Objectives, and Capabilities
- Environmental Sensors - Significance and Objectives
- Environmental Sensors - Main Monitoring Parameters
- Miniaturization and Sustainability - the Main Technology Trends Enabling Environmental Monitoring
- Air and Water Quality Monitoring - Essential Applications for Environmental Sensors
- Technology Convergence - Enabling Effective Environmental Monitoring
- Impact of Digital Technologies on Environmental Monitoring Applications
- Implementation Case - Sensors and Augmented Reality (AR) in Water Treatment Applications in Athens, Greece
- Environmental Sensor Application/Innovation Roadmap
4. Patent and Funding Trends
- IP Analysis and R&D Focus Areas
- High Funding Opportunities in Indoor and Outdoor Environmental Monitoring Applications
- Trends in Partnerships - Real-time Data and Analytics Requirements
- The Partnership Strategy is Popular in North America and Europe.
- Important Partnerships Enabling High Workforce Safety among Industrial Sectors
- High-impact Partnerships - Europe Leads the Digital Transformation
- University Research and Innovation - Driving Environmental Sensor Market Growth
5. Growth Opportunity Universe
- Growth Opportunity 1: Adopting Green IoT for Environmental Sustainability and Energy-efficient Solutions
- Growth Opportunity 2: IoT Sensors and Low-power Wide-area Networks (LPWANs) to Advance Environmental Monitoring Solutions
- Growth Opportunity 3: Technology Convergence for Enhanced Environmental Threat Detection
- Technology Readiness Levels (TRL): Explanation
7. Next Steps
- Your Next Steps
- Why Now?