Surging global demand for ceramics and refractory products is driving the growth of the Zirconium Silicate market. This chemical compound, deriving naturally as zircon, plays an essential role in synthesizing refractory materials required in applications to resist corrosion by alkali materials. Zirconium silicate's alkali, water, acid, and chemical resistance properties make it the ideal ingredient for lending shiny glaze and strong durability to ceramic products. With extensive applications in traditional and advanced engineering contexts, the industry anticipates an increased demand for ceramics, thereby inflating the need for Zirconium Silicate.
The refractory industry offers a different avenue for the application of Zirconium Silicate. The compound's integration into refractory products enhances their durability, corrosion resistance, and thermal stability - qualities that make them indispensable in furnaces and reactors for creating crucibles for metal casting and rocket flame-detection systems. Their usage accelerates the demand for Zirconium Silicate further. Regionally, North America currently dominates the market, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Still, steady growth in Asia Pacific construction activities and the major presence of Zirconium producers suggests the region could significantly increase its demand for Zirconium Silicate.
In terms of end-user industries, ceramics take the lead, accounting for around 40% of Zirconium Silicate's global consumption. This sector is expected to maintain its dominance due to its significant role in public infrastructure construction and domestic households. Following ceramics, the refractory industry serves as the second largest consumer of Zirconium Silicate. Distinguished manufacturers include Iluka Resources Limited, Tronox Ltd, Sheffield Resources Ltd, and Mineral Deposits Ltd, among others.
This research provides a comprehensive analysis of the Zirconium Silicate market's future prospects. It offers an in-depth understanding of the demand and supply dynamics, market size, and regional distribution of Zirconium Silicate. It also provides meaningful insights into industry trends, competitive developments, and the detailed segment analysis that reflects a positive outlook for the Global Zirconium Silicate market's future.
The global Zirconium Silicate market has expanded to reach approximately 1000 thousand tonnes in 2021 and is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of 4.84% during the forecast period until 2035.
The Global Zirconium Silicate Market Has Expanded to Reach Approximately 1000 Thousand Tonnes in 2021 and is Expected to Grow at a Healthy CAGR of 4.84% During the Forecast Period Until 2035
Zirconium silicate is a chemical compound with the chemical formula ZrSiO₄. This compound naturally occurs in the form of zircon. Refractory materials are synthesized from zirconium silicate, which is employed in applications where resistance to corrosion by alkali materials is required. Zirconium Silicate displays properties like resistance to alkali, water, acids, and chemical that drives its applications in the ceramic market. The primary market driving factor of Zirconium Silicate is for producing ceramics and giving them shiny glaze and superior durability. Ceramics are used in traditional applications like tiles, toilet seats, floors, and roofs in advanced engineering applications. The applications of ceramics are anticipated to rise and expand in the future, likely to swell the demand for Zirconium Silicate in the forecast period of 2035.
Moreover, using Zirconium Silicate in refractory products gives them high durability, resistance to corrosion, and thermal stability. Refractory products are employed in furnaces and reactors to manufacture crucibles for casting metals and flame-detecting systems of rockets. Thus, the refractory industry is another leading fragment that further contributes to the demand for Zirconium silicate. The global Zirconium Silicate market will most likely reach 2000 thousand tonnes by 2035.
Based on region, North America is dominating the Zirconium Silicate market, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific region. In 2021, North America accounted for consumption of approximately 30% of the market. However, the rise in construction activities in the Asia Pacific region will create an ample demand for the ceramics and chemical sector, anticipated to propel the demand for Zirconium Silicate in the forecast period. Moreover, the giant producers of Zirconium are located in the Asia Pacific region. Australia is leading in terms of producing Zirconium Silicate. The largest source of zircon in the world is in Queensland, Australia. The source is the deposits on Queensland's North Stradbroke Island, with an abundance of heavy mineral soils. However, in the future, due to a decrease in the volume of these sands, the output is anticipated to fall.
Based on the end-user industry, the global Zirconium Silicate market is segregated into Ceramic Industry, Chemicals, Foundry, Refractories, and Others. Among these, the Ceramic Industry dominates the Zirconium Silicate market, accounting for nearly 40% of global consumption in 2021. This industry is anticipated to maintain its position owing to its heavy usage in the construction of public infrastructure and domestic households. Moreover, Refractories is the second largest consumer of the zirconium silicate market.
Major players in the production of Global Zirconium Silicate are Iluka Resources Limited, Tronox Ltd, Sheffield Resources Ltd, Mineral Deposits Ltd, Mineral commodities Ltd, World Titanium Resources Ltd (WTR), Kenmare Resources plc, Iluka Resources Limited, India Rare Earth Limited., V.V Minerals., and MZI resources Ltd.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Period: 2015- 2021
- Base Year: 2021
- Estimated Year: 2022
- Forecast Period: 2023-2035
Objective of the Study:
- To assess the demand-supply scenario of Zirconium Silicate which covers production, demand and supply of Zirconium Silicate market in the globe.
- To analyse and forecast the market size of Zirconium Silicate
- To classify and forecast Global Zirconium Silicate market based on end-use and regional distribution.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, mergers & acquisitions, etc., of Zirconium Silicate market in the globe.
The publisher calculated Zirconium Silicate demand in the globe by analyzing the historical data and demand forecast which was carried out considering the historical extraction and supply and demand of Zirconium Silicate across the globe. The publisher sourced these values from industry experts, and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, association reports, annual reports, etc., were also studied by the publisher.
Key Target Audience:
- Zirconium Silicate manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to Zirconium Silicate distribution
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research organizations and consulting companies
Report Scope:In this report, Global Zirconium Silicate market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by End-use: Ceramic Industry, Chemicals, Foundry, Refractories, and Others
- Market, by Sales Channel: Direct Sale and Indirect Sale
- Market, by Region: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America.
Available Customizations:With the given market data, the publisher offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs.
Table of Contents
- On our online platform, you can stay up to date with essential manufacturers and their current and future operation capacity on a practically real-time basis for Zirconium Silicate.
- To better understand the regional supply of Zirconium Silicate by analyzing its manufacturers' location-based capacity.
- Study the historical annual production of Zirconium Silicate by the leading players and forecast how it will grow in the coming years.
- Discover which end-user industry (Ceramic Industry, Chemicals, Foundry, Refractories, and Others) are creating a market and the forecast for the growth of the Zirconium Silicate market.
- Analyzing the change in demand of Zirconium Silicate in different regions, i.e., North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America, that can direct you in mapping the regional demand.
- Multiple channels are used to sell Zirconium Silicate. Our sales channel will help in analyzing whether distributors and dealers or direct sales make up most of the industry's sales.
- Determine the supply-demand gap to gain information about the trade surplus or deficiency of Zirconium Silicate.
- Figure out what proportion of the market share of Zirconium Silicate is currently held by leading players across the globe.
- Analyze historical prices since 2015 & Forecast on three months rolling period for next 12 months.