In today's rapidly evolving industrial landscape, the global Epichlorohydrin market is a key element to consider. Epichlorohydrin, a versatile compound with various applications ranging from the production of epoxies to the manufacturing of textiles and paper goods, is not just an ingredient but a driving force behind many significant industries. Within this context, purchasing the comprehensive market research report provides valuable insights into the growth, projected trends, and key drivers in this critical sector.
Notably, the demand for Epichlorohydrin is primarily driven by its wide usage in the Paints & Coatings industry, as well as in the production of epoxies, which are commonly used for flooring due to their excellent resistance properties. The increasing number of construction projects is set to fuel the demand for paints, coatings, and epoxies, thereby significantly propelling the Epichlorohydrin market. Additionally, the report elaborates on the rising market demands in the Asia Pacific, Europe, and China – key regions that house major industries utilizing Epichlorohydrin.
This report also thoroughly analyzes the market segmentation, focusing on sectors such as Paints & Coatings, Electrical & Electronics, Adhesives, Water Treatment Chemicals, Textiles, Paper Industries and Ion Exchange Resins. These detailed insights will equip senior business executives with the essential knowledge to seize emerging opportunities, navigate potential hurdles, and stay ahead in the competitive global Epichlorohydrin market landscape.
The global Epichlorohydrin market stood at approximately 2000 thousand tonnes in 2021 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.39% during the forecast period until 2030. Recently, Meghmani Finechem, one of the leading producers of Chlor-Alkali, commissioned a new plant of Epichlorohydrin at Dahej, Gujarat, India. This plant is anticipated to have an annual capacity of 50 thousand tonnes. The project is estimated to have worth INR 275 crore.
The Global Epichlorohydrin Market Stood at Approximately 2000 Thousand Tonnes in 2021 and is Expected to Grow at a CAGR of 4.39% During the Forecast Period Until 2030
Epichlorohydrin is an epoxide and an organochlorine substance. It is a white liquid with a strong garlic-like odour. This compound is miscible with most of the polar organic solvents but only moderately soluble in water. There are three main ways to synthesize Epichlorohydrin- allyl chloride, allyl alcohol and glycerine route. However, chlorination of Propylene Acetate is the conventional method and most widely used one. The niche applications of epichlorohydrin are for the production of epoxies, fabrics, paper goods, dyes, pigments, automobile and aviation parts, biocides, cosmetic, and ion-exchange resins.
The primary market driver of the global Epichlorohydrin market industry is the Paints & Coatings industry which is utilized in industries like architecture, vehicle, aviation, and other significant industries. Additionally, its usage to manufacture epoxies which are also frequently utilized in flooring because they offer excellent chemical and abrasion resistance, wear resistance, and slip resistance, is also a significant market driver. Owing to rising construction projects, the demand of paints, coatings and epoxies are bound to hike up, which is anticipated to propel the Epichlorohydrin market in coming years. The global Epichlorohydrin market is anticipated to reach approximately 3200 thousand tonnes by 2030.
Asia Pacific is the dominating all over the world with the highest demand of Epichlorohydrin. This region accounted a market share of about 55% of the global Epichlorohydrin market in 2021. Market growth is anticipated through 2030 in countries like India, China and Japan as a result of the rising modernization, industrialization, and continuous construction projects with the additional funds from government. The second-largest market for epichlorohydrin is in Europe. Moreover, the rise in petroleum refining activities coupled with increasing demand for epoxy resins is also expected to propel market growth in these regions. China is the giant for the manufacture of Epichlorohydrin due to abundance of raw material to produce the chemical.
Based on the end-user industry, the Epichlorohydrin market is segmented into sectors such as Paints & Coatings, Electrical & Electronics, Adhesives, Water Treatment Chemicals, and Elastomers, Textiles, Paper Industries, Ion Exchange Resins & Others. Among these, Paints & Coatings industry is leading segment and accounted around 40% of the share of total Epichlorohydrin demand in 2021. This industry is anticipated to dominate the global Epichlorohydrin market owing to the growing demand of paints and varnishes with the industrial activities and construction sector. Additionally, Electrical & Electronics industry also hold noticeable market shares.
Significant companies for Global Epichlorohydrin market are Olin (Former Dow Chemical), Shandong Haili Chemical, Vinythai AGC Group, Dow Chemical, Samsung Fine Chemical, Jiangsu Yangnong Chemical Group Co. Ltd, Yihai Kerry (Wilmar), Osaka Soda (Daiso organics), Shandong Sanyue Chemical Co.,, Shandong Befar Group Ruicheng Chemical Co., Ltd., Formosa Chemicals And Fibre Corp., and Triplex Chemical (Yee Fong Chemical & Industrial Co.,).
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Period: 2015- 2021
- Base Year: 2021
- Estimated Year: 2022
- Forecast Period: 2023-2030
The objective of the Study:
- To assess the demand-supply scenario of Epichlorohydrin, which covers the production, demand, and supply of Epichlorohydrin around the globe.
- To analyze and forecast the market size of Epichlorohydrin.
- To classify and forecast the Global Epichlorohydrin market based on end-use and regional distribution.
- To examine global competitive developments such as new capacity expansions, mergers & acquisitions, etc., of the Epichlorohydrin market.
The publisher calculated Epichlorohydrin demand in the globe by analyzing the historical data and demand forecast which was carried out considering the historical extraction and supply and demand of Epichlorohydrin across the globe. The publisher sourced these values from industry experts, and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, association reports, annual reports, etc., were also studied by the publisher.
Key Target Audience:
- Epichlorohydrin manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to Epichlorohydrin distribution
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research organizations and consulting companies
Report Scope:In this report, Global Epichlorohydrin market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by End-use: Paints & Coatings, Electrical & Electronics, Adhesives, Water Treatment Chemicals, and Elastomers, Textiles, Paper Industries, Ion Exchange Resins & Others
- Market, by Sales Channel: Direct Sale and Indirect Sale
- Market, by Region: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America.
Available Customizations:With the given market data, the publisher offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs.
Table of Contents
- On our online platform, you can stay up to date with essential manufacturers and their current and future operation capacity on a practically real-time basis for Epichlorohydrin.
- To better understand the regional supply of Epichlorohydrin by analyzing its manufacturers' location-based capacity.
- To evaluate the demand of various methods and their capacities while looking for the future growth of each process.
- To better assess the manufacturing capacities with different technologies as well as understand which technology is more in demand.
- Study the historical annual production of Epichlorohydrin by the leading players and forecast how it will grow in the coming years.
- Discover which end-user industry (Paints & Coatings, Electrical & Electronics, Adhesives, Water Treatment Chemicals, and Elastomers, Textiles, Paper Industries, Ion Exchange Resins & Others) are creating a market and the forecast for the growth of the Epichlorohydrin market.
- Analyzing the change in demand of Epichlorohydrin in different regions, i.e., North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America, that can direct you in mapping the regional demand.
- Multiple channels are used to sell Epichlorohydrin. Our sales channel will help in analyzing whether distributors and dealers or direct sales make up most of the industry's sales.
- Determine the supply-demand gap to gain information about the trade surplus or deficiency of Epichlorohydrin.
- Figure out what proportion of the market share of Epichlorohydrin is currently held by leading players across the globe.
- Get details about quantity of Epichlorohydrin exported by major countries.
- Get details about quantity of Epichlorohydrin imported by major countries.
- Analyze historical prices since 2015 & Forecast on three months rolling period for next 12 months.