Residing at the intersection of key industries such as Paint & Coatings, Pharmaceutical, Personal care, Construction and Food Additives, the global Cellulose Ether market is witnessing a steady growth. This comprehensive market research report offers a closer look at this promising field - providing deep insights into current scenarios, trends, and growth prospects. The report gives your business an edge with its detailed analysis, empowering you to make informed decisions and strategize effectively.
The report encapsulates the growth potential of the market substantiated by its application from Paint & Coatings sector to food & beverage industry. Its demand in the emerging economies like India, China and Japan provides a significant growth trajectory. Furthermore, the segmentation of market types and end-user industries offers fine nuanced understanding. Also, by identifying major players such as Shandong Head Co.Ltd., LOTTE Fine Chemical, and Dow Chemical Company, the report provides the landscape of competitive dynamics.
The global Cellulose Ether market stood around 480 thousand tonnes in 2021 and is expected to grow at a steady CAGR of 4.85% in the forecast period until 2032 backed up by its application in the Paints & Coatings, Pharmaceuticals, Personal care, Construction, and Food Additives industries.
The Global Cellulose Ether Market Stood Around 480 Thousand Tonnes in 2021 and is Expected to Grow at a Steady CAGR of 4.85% in the Forecast Period Until 2032 Backed Up by Its Application in the Paints & Coatings, Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care, Construction, and Food Additives Industries
Cellulose Ether appears as a white powder with no significant odor. When small cotton fibers or wood fibres are chemically treated and subsequently reacted with etherifying agents like chlorinated ethylene and chlorinated propylene, cellulose ether is produced. Its possess water-soluble properties and is used as a binding, thickener, stabilizers, film maker, and rheological properties modifier. Cellulose Ether is employed in various industries such as food, medicines, personal hygiene products, chemicals for oil and gas fields, construction materials, papers, adhesives, and textiles. Cellulose ethers also find application in the textile industry to size, smoothen, and thicken textile pulp. In the pharmaceuticals, cellulose ethers find applications in tablet coatings, granulation, and useful in control release of chemicals.
The demand for Cellulose Ether is anticipated to rise in the forecast period primarily due to its application in the Paint & Coatings sector. The paint industry uses cellulose ether polymers as thickening agents for aqueous paints. Increase in construction of buildings and infrastructure demands greater volume of paint, coatings, and other materials, anticipated to propel the Cellulose Ether market in the forecast period. Furthermore, application of Cellulose Ether in the food & beverage industry as gelling agents and stabilizers further contributes to the market. The most common use for cellulose ether is as an active ingredient in pharmaceuticals and as tablet binders, which further contributes to the market growth. Throughout the projection period, the Cellulose Ether demand is estimated to reach 800 thousand tonnes in the forecast period.
Region-wise, the Asia Pacific is ahead in the global demand for Cellulose Ether on a global scale followed by Europe and North America. The growing demand of Cellulose Ether in the growing economies like India, China and Japan for applications in various industries including building, food & beverages, medicines, and personal care, is propelling the market in Asia Pacific. With the low-priced labor costs and abundance of raw materials, Asia Pacific again leads in terms of consumption with China as the key player. China alone accounted for Cellulose Ether production capacity of approximately 30% of total regional capacity as of 2021.
Based on type, the global Cellulose Ether market is divided into Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC), Methyl Cellulose, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC), and Others. Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC) is the dominating the Cellulose Ether market and extensively employed in the food and pharmaceutical sector. CMC acts as a binder in food items by holding water which helps in producing the desired shape and texture of food. In the pharmaceutical sector, CMC is employed to manufacture eye drops. CMC Eye Drops can also soothe any discomfort and dryness of eyes.
Based on the end-user industry, the global Cellulose Ether market is segmented into Paint & Coatings, Pharmaceuticals & personal care, Construction, Food Additives, and Others. Paint & Coatings industry is dominating the Cellulose Ether market with an estimated market share of 40% in 2021. Furthermore, the Pharmaceuticals & personal care also holds significant market share of the global Cellulose Ether market owing to their rheology modification property.
Major players in the production of Global Cellulose Ether market are Shandong Head Co.Ltd., LOTTE Fine Chemical, Ashland Inc, Celotech Chemical Co.Ltd., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co.Ltd., Nouryon, Shandong Tiansheng Cellulose Corp.Ltd., Hercules Tianpu Chemical Company Limited, Jinan Maissen New Material Co.Ltd., Dow Chemical Company, and Others.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Period: 2015- 2021
- Base Year: 2021
- Estimated Year: 2022
- Forecast Period: 2023-2032
Objective of the Study:
- To assess the demand-supply scenario of Cellulose Ether which covers production, demand and supply of Cellulose Ether market in the globe.
- To analyse and forecast the market size of Cellulose Ether
- To classify and forecast Global Cellulose Ether market based on end-use and regional distribution.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, mergers & acquisitions, etc., of Cellulose Ether market in the globe.
The publisher calculated Cellulose Ether demand in the globe by analyzing the historical data and demand forecast which was carried out considering the plant expansion, production and demand of Cellulose Ether across the globe. The publisher sourced these values from industry experts, and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, association reports, annual reports, etc., were also studied by the publisher.
Key Target Audience:
- Cellulose Ether manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to Cellulose Ether distribution
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research organizations and consulting companies
Report Scope:In this report, Global Cellulose Ether s market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by Type: Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC), Methyl Cellulose, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC), and Others
- Market, by End-use: Paint & Coatings, Pharmaceuticals & personal care, Construction, Food Additives, and Others
- Market, by Sales Channel: Direct Sale and Indirect Sale
- Market, by Region: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America.
Available Customizations:With the given market data, the publisher offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs.
Table of Contents
- On our online platform, you can stay up to date with essential manufacturers and their current and future operation capacity on a practically real-time basis for Cellulose Ether.
- To better understand the regional supply of Cellulose Ether by analyzing its manufacturers' location-based capacity.
- Study the historical annual production of Cellulose Ether by the leading players and forecast how it will grow in the coming years.
- Learn about the various types: Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC), Methyl Cellulose, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC), and Others, and their demands. It will allow you to choose which type to concentrate on when designing your strategy.
- Discover which end-user industry (Paint & Coatings, Pharmaceuticals & personal care, Construction, Food Additives, and Others) are creating a market and the forecast for the growth of the Cellulose Ether market.
- Analyzing the change in demand of Cellulose Ether in different regions, i.e., North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America, that can direct you in mapping the regional demand.
- Multiple channels are used to sell Cellulose Ether. Our sales channel will help in analyzing whether distributors and dealers or direct sales make up most of the industry's sales.
- Determine the supply-demand gap to gain information about the trade surplus or deficiency of Cellulose Ether.
- Figure out what proportion of the market share of Cellulose Ether is currently held by leading players across the globe.
- Get details about quantity of Cellulose Ether exported by major countries.
- Get details about quantity of Cellulose Ether imported by major countries.
- Analyze historical prices since 2015 & Forecast on three months rolling period for next 12 months.