Visa Checkout is an online payment solution developed by Visa. Launched in 2014, it replaced the V.me digital wallet solution launched in 2012. It allows users to store multiple card details and billing addresses for faster checkout.
Visa Checkout works on all web-enabled devices. It is currently supported by more than 350,000 merchants globally, with more joining each month. No extra charges are associated with Visa Checkout in addition to regular interchange fees, which helps boost uptake among merchants.
Visa Checkout supports all major payment schemes - including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover - and is supported by more than 1,600 financial institutions globally. In the US it has collaborated with all of the country’s major banks, including Bank of America, BBVA Compass, Chase, BB&T, US Bank, and Wells Fargo.
Visa Checkout Open Platform allows consumers to use other participating digital wallet providers (such as Google Pay) to check out online where Visa Checkout is accepted.
Launched in the US, Canada, and Australia, the solution is now available in a total of 45 countries, including Brazil, China, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Singapore, South Africa, the UAE, and the UK.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Visa Checkout, including:
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones.
- In 2014, Visa Checkout replaced the V.me digital wallet solution.
- Visa Checkout in-app payments are supported by a number of merchants globally, including Dunkin’ Donuts, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Shutterfly, Parkmobile, Wyndham, and United Airlines.
- Visa Checkout supports all major payment schemes - Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- In April 2018, the solution partnered with online travel company Rehlat, enabling the latter’s customers in Kuwait, the UAE, and Saudi Arabia to pay for tickets with Visa Checkout.
- Gain insights into Visa Checkout's business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
How Does it Work?
Products and Services
Partner Banks and Financial Institutions in the US