Online pharmacy is a platform which acts as an intermediary between customer and the vender for the sale of medicines. Customer have to search and upload the prescription from doctor and receive their medicine at their doorsteps rather physically visiting the pharmacy store to procure medicines. Growing internet usage worldwide, developed healthcare infrastructure and rising awareness among the user about benefits of ecommerce are some of the factors driving the growth of the market. Change in customer behavior with an increased demand for convenience is the key factors for the growth of the market. Additionally, increasing adoption of digital technology in healthcare sector is expected to fuel growth in this market.
Among the regions, North America is expected to be the largest market for online pharmacy. Growing adoption of ecommerce, increasing pharmaceutical needs and rise in geriatric population are some of the key factors that drive the growth in this region. Increase in investments and government initiatives for improving the healthcare infrastructure in the Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at a highest rate in the coming years. The online pharmacy market in China and India have a huge potential for growth. Changing guidelines in the regions and rise in demand for customer healthcare products due to change in lifestyle is driving the market growth of these countries.
The report on online pharmacy market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the Global online pharmacy market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter’s five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the Global online pharmacy market over the period of 2016 - 2024. Further, the Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
- Primary Research
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/ country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
The secondary sources of the data typically include:
- Company reports and publications
- Government/institutional publications
- Trade and associations’ journals
- Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
- Websites and publications by research agencies
The Global online pharmacy market is segmented on the basis of type, and end use channel,
Global online pharmacy market by type
- App only
- Online store
- North America
- drugstore.com Inc
- The SANICARE Group
- Domzdrowia.pl SA
- Walgreen Co
- Rowlands Pharmacy
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of online pharmacy market .
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in online pharmacy market to analyze the trends, developments in the Global Market and forecast of market size up to 2023.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in Global online pharmacy market . The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1 Report Description
1.2 Research Methods
1.3 Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Online Pharmacy Market Overview
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.4 Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5 Competitive Landscape in the Global Online Pharmacy Market
4. Global online Pharmacy Market by Type 2018 - 2024
5. Global online Pharmacy Market by End Use Channel 2018 - 2024
5.1 App only
5.2 Online store
8. Global online Pharmacy Market by Regions 2018 - 2024
8.1 North America
8.1.1 North America Online Pharmacy Market by Type
8.1.2 North America Online Pharmacy Market by End Use Channel
8.1.3 North America Online Pharmacy Market by Country
8.2.1 Europe Online Pharmacy Market by Type
8.2.2 Europe Online Pharmacy Market by End Use Channel
8.2.3 Europe Online Pharmacy Market by Country
8.3.1 Asia-Pacific Online Pharmacy Market by Type
8.3.2 Asia-Pacific Online Pharmacy Market by End Use Channel
8.3.3 Asia-Pacific Online Pharmacy Market by Country
8.4.1 RoW Online Pharmacy Market by type
8.4.2 RoW Online Pharmacy Market by End Use Channel
8.4.3 RoW Online Pharmacy Market by Sub-region
9. Companies Covered
9.1 drugstore.com Inc
9.2 The SANICARE Group
9.3 Domzdrowia.pl SA
9.5 Walgreen Co
9.6 Rowlands Pharmacy
9.7 Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd