This study aims to evaluate commercial aircraft fleet and MRO market in Malaysia consisting of current fleet in 2018, segmented on multiple criteria, furthermore focusing on the market trends, technology Mega Trends, and opportunity areas. Among all the Southeast Asian nations, Malaysia is the second largest MRO spender in terms of MRO market size.
This RS discusses the changing commercial fleet dynamics in Malaysia including strategic imperatives for airlines, MRO and OEMs in the aftermarket, trends in the commercial aircraft fleet in Malaysia, current commercial aircraft fleet sizes in Malaysia: by aircraft OEM, by aircraft category, by type and model, and by airline operator.
This study also focuses on the Malaysian commercial MRO market measurements which further includes trends in commercial aircraft MRO in Malaysia, current commercial aircraft MRO spending in Malaysia: by aircraft manufacturer, by airline operator, by MRO segment, commercial MRO country benchmarking index-Southeast Asia (MRO market size and fleet size) and finally offers a detailed discussion on the Malaysian commercial MRO market outlook, including technology Mega Trends in aviation MRO and use cases to illustrate the trends and technology maturity curve of Malaysia-based MRO service providers. The study also discusses key commercial MRO company profiles.
- This study focuses only on the MRO market in Malaysia in 2018.
- It provides a strategic review of the commercial aviation sector, both airline fleet and MRO spending in Malaysia.
- The research service analyses the commercial airline fleet and MRO spending in Malaysia by different segments such as category, type, airline operator, and manufacturer.
- The analysis identifies market trends and technology Mega Trends that will shape the commercial fleet and MRO market.
- The study provides a brief profile of key MRO players in Malaysia.
- It evaluates and presents growth opportunities for commercial aviation stakeholders in Malaysia.
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the current fleet size of commercial aircraft in Malaysia categorized by airline operator and category and model of aircraft?
- What is the current commercial MRO spending in Malaysia by the segment of MRO, airline operator, aircraft OEM, and category?
- What are the trends in the commercial aircraft and MRO market in Malaysia?
- Who are the major MRO suppliers in Malaysia?
- What are the key technology Mega Trends shaping up in the commercial aviation MRO industry?
1. Executive Summary
- Top 5 Findings for Commercial MRO in Malaysia
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
- Research Scope
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
3. Definitions and Market Scope
- Market Scope
4. Changing Commercial Fleet Dynamics in Malaysia
- Trends in Commercial Aircraft Fleet in Malaysia
- Commercial Aircraft Fleet Size by Aircraft OEM and Category
- Commercial Aircraft Fleet Size by Aircraft OEM, Category, and Type
- Commercial Aircraft Fleet Size by Airline Operator
5. Malaysian Commercial MRO Market Measurements
- Trends in Commercial Aircraft MRO in Malaysia
- Commercial Aircraft MRO Spending by Aircraft OEM and Category
- Commercial Aircraft MRO Spending by Airline Operator
- Commercial Aircraft MRO Spending by MRO Segment
- Commercial Aircraft MRO Spending by Airframe
- Commercial Aircraft MRO Spending by Engine OEM
- Commercial Aircraft MRO Spending by Line MRO
- Commercial Aircraft MRO Spending by MRO Modification
- Commercial Aviation MRO Country Benchmarking Index-Southeast Asia (MRO Market Size & Aircraft Fleet Size)
6. Technology Mega Trends in Aviation MRO
- Technology Mega Trends and their Impact on Aviation MRO
- Use Case-Lufthansa Technik’s Use of Augmented Reality Technology to Support Component Installation
- Use Case-TAP Air Portugal’s Use of RFID-based Solutions to Track & Trace Parts
- Use Case-Automation & Use of Robots by Lufthansa Technik to Auto Inspect and Repair Components in the Maintenance Process
- Use Case-Lufthansa’s Use of Blockchain to Enable MROs, Airlines and OEMs to Seamlessly Share Transactions And Processes
- Use Case-Big Data to Enable Predictive Maintenance, Resulting in Improved Performance and Savings
- Technology Maturity Curve of Malaysia-based MRO Service Providers
7. Key Commercial MRO Company Profiles
- SAE Malaysia
- Malaysia Airlines
- Asia Aerotechnic
8. Growth Opportunities and Strategic Imperatives
- Growth Opportunity 1-Streamlined Business with Fewer Aircraft Types and Vertical Integration by Airline MROs
- Growth Opportunity 2-Broad Component Support Contracts and Asset Management Services Become Crucial to Third-party MROs
- Growth Opportunity 3-OEMs Likely to Collaborate More to Increase their Reach and Develop MRO 4.0 Capabilities
- Strategic Imperatives for MRO Companies, Airlines and OEMs in the Aftermarket
9. The Last Word
- 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Abbreviations
- List of Exhibits