The seventh edition of the LEDs and the worldwide market for lighting fixtures is mainly based on over 300 interviews with manufacturers and retailers of lighting fixtures worldwide during the first half of 2016, plus statistical data and overall market knowledge in the lighting fixtures industry.
The Report provides estimated data on consumption of total lighting fixtures and LED based lighting fixtures for the years 2010-2015 and forecasts for the years 2016-2020.
A breakdown of LED lighting fixtures worldwide market is provided by country or geographical area (Western Europe, Central-Eastern Europe, Turkey, Russia and other CIS Countries, United States and Canada, Latin America, China, India, Japan, Asia and Pacific, Middle East, Africa) by segment (residential/consumer, commercial/architectural, industrial, outdoor lighting), by product (bulbs and retrofit lamps, modules, tubes and trunking systems, strip-linear lighting, floor and table luminaires, chandeliers and suspensions, downlights and recessed lighting, LED panels, spotlights and projectors, high bays, pole mounted, wall washers) and by application (Hospitality, Office, Retail, Industrial plants, Emergency, Healthcare, Architectural outdoor, Christmas, Streets, Galleries…).
LED based lighting fixtures sales and related market shares are provided for the major companies operating in this market by considered countries. Short company profiles are also included. In the ranking there are both company using LEDs for some 15%-20% of their company turnover, and LED lighting specialists.
For the first time, company market shares are given also for subsectors (office lighting, architectural outdoor lighting, emergency lighting…..).
A section containing background technological information on LEDs is provided.
An overview of OLED technology in the lighting fixtures market is included.
Countries considered. Western Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom (i.e. the European Union 15, less Luxembourg for which lighting fixtures data are listed together with those of Belgium) + Norway and Switzerland; Central-Eastern Europe: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia; Turkey; Russia and other CIS Countries: Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine; North America: Canada and the United States; Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Venezuela; China; India; Japan; Asia and Pacific: Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam; Middle East: Bahrain, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates; Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, South Africa.
- Worldwide market. Consumption of total lighting fixtures and LED based lighting fixtures. 2010-2015 estimated data and 2016-2020 forecasts. USD million, % shares in value, % yearly changes
LED lighting consumption breakdown by segment:
- Worldwide market. Consumption of total lighting fixtures and LED based lighting fixtures by segment (residential, commercial, industrial, outdoor), 2010-2015 estimated data and 2016-2020 forecasts. USD million, % shares in value, % yearly changes
- Worldwide market. Consumption of LED based lighting fixtures by main products, 2015. % share in value and USD million
- Worldwide market. LED based lighting fixtures. Reference prices by product
Worldwide market. Sales breakdown by distribution channel in a sample of 70 among the leading LED lighting manufacturers
Other lighting sources
Worldwide market. Sales breakdown by light sources in a sample of 70 among the leading lighting fixtures manufacturers
2. Activity Trend By Country
- LED based lighting fixtures sales, 2010-2015 estimated data and 2016-2020 forecasts. USD million, % shares in value, % yearly changes: Western Europe, Central-Eastern Europe, Turkey, Russia, United States, Latin America, China, India, Japan, Asia and Pacific, Middle East, Africa
3. Worldwide Competition
- Worldwide market. Sales of total LED based lighting fixtures for 100 among the leading companies (Ranking)
4. Consumption of LED Lighting Fixtures By Segment
Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Outdoor LED lighting segments
- Worldwide market. Sales and market shares of LED based lighting fixtures for 50 among the leading companies (Ranking);
- Sales and market shares of LED based lighting fixtures for a sample of companies for the main products and applications: Hospitality, Office, Retail, Entertainment, Museums & other Art Venues, Other (schools, airports, public premises…) solutions; Industrial plants, Hazardous conditions, Emergency, Healthcare, Marine; Path lighting-step lighting-bollards, Façade lighting-urban landscape-architectural lighting, Christmas and Events, Street lighting (pole mounted, high mast), Tunnels and galleries, Large open air spaces applications (sporting plants, parking, area lighting).
5. Consumption Of LED Lighting Fixtures By Country
- Sales and market shares of LED based lighting fixtures for 50 among the leading companies, (Ranking) for each country or geographical area considered in this report: Western Europe, Central-Eastern Europe, Russia, Turkey, North America, Latin America, China, India, Japan, Asia and Pacific, Middle East, Africa
6. LED Suppliers
- Suppliers of packaged LED and chips; Suppliers of wafers; Suppliers of drivers
7. Introducing OLED
- OLED Lighting Advantages; OLED Standards; Pricing; Players; Customers
- Worldwide market. Consumption of LED and OLED based lighting fixtures, 2015 estimated data and 2016-2020 forecasts and guesstimates. USD million and % shares in value
Appendix: Addresses of 350 LED lighting companies worldwide
The worldwide consumption of LED lighting fixtures was worth USD 35 billion in 2015, equal to around 40% of the worldwide consumption of lighting fixtures, and according to estimates, it will reach USD 70 billion in 2020. In the coming years it is expected that commercial and outdoor lighting market segments will be the main growth drivers for LED lighting fixtures. One hundred among the top manufacturers of lighting fixtures worldwide hold around 55% of the total LED lighting market, registering an average 24% growth. Their LED share on total lighting sales was about 13% on average in the year 2009 and it grew to 57% in 2015.
LED based lighting fixtures weight today around 14% on the overall consumer/residential lighting fixtures segment, over 50% on the commercial and outdoor segments, over 40% in the industrial lighting field. LED lighting fixtures weighted just 5%-6% on the overall lighting fixtures market in 2008-2009. In the year 2015 they weight around 40% on the overall lighting fixtures market, and their share is forecasted to grow up to 65%-66% in the year 2020.
- Alto Lighting
- Bajaj Electricals
- BL Group
- Cooper by Eaton
- Delta Light
- Gerard Lighting
- Havells India
- Home Depot
- Inesa Feilo
- LCX Groupe
- Led Roadway
- Lighting Technologies
- Linea Light
- LSI Industries
- Molto Luce
- Oled Works
- Pak Electrical
- Philips Lighting
- Prince Electric
- Samsung Electronics
- SLV Elektronik
- Tunisie LED
- WAC Lighting