The 2018-2019 annual edition of this report provides a comprehensive SFAS Framework Analysis and overall SFAS score on each of the Global Top 5 Business Jet Manufacturers based on an analysis of each OEM's strategic positioning in the existing market dynamics and its degree of responsiveness to its internal & external environment respectively.
The objective of the analysis is to assess as to how favorably is each company positioned and how responsive it is to the nature & pace of changes taking place within its internal and external environment respectively.
The framework generates an insightful snapshot of the prevailing, holistic strategic equation for each company by identifying, weighing, prioritizing & ranking significant strategic factors present in the internal & external environment through an Internal Factor Analysis Summary (IFAS) matrix & External Factor Analysis Summary (EFAS) matrix respectively. These strategic factors are then ranked based on the strategic significance & potential degree of impact along-with each respective company's corresponding degree of responsiveness to these factors.
The final Strategic Factor Analysis Summary (SFAS) matrix amalgamates the IFAS & EFAS matrices into a single matrix followed by a reevaluation & second level ranking & responsiveness rating which leads to the generation of an overall score, thus, providing a holistic, overarching view on each industry player.
The numeric SFAS scores and the analysis produced by the framework, thus, are highly useful for competitive & comparative analysis from a current as well as emerging perspective with the framework assessing the strategic positioning & the degree of responsiveness of each company towards the present as well as emerging market dynamics, thereby, analyzing the ability to be able to create & capitalize on potential growth opportunities effectively by harnessing & navigating the changing market & technology landscape effectively while leveraging structural & core strengths and negating threats & overcoming challenges simultaneously.
SFAS, as a framework, thus, scores significantly over the traditional SWOT analysis framework, in terms, of its ability to quantify a range of strategic factors based on the nature & potential degree of effect of each strategic factor being analyzed, thereby, making it much more effective for competitive assessment as well as analysis with the creation of a quantitative strategic snapshot on each market player.
The Global Business Jet Market has been on the comeback trail, after facing headwinds for a number of years, as the U.S. economy maintains its growth momentum & gains further traction while most other, key economies across the world are on the upswing as well.
Portfolio refresh through new introductions, reinforcement of presence across key markets & regions and services portfolio expansion have been the key focus areas for industry OEMs in an ameliorating demand environment amid a complex and highly uncertain global macroeconomic environment.
The second half of year 2018 is likely to witness the entry into service of two key, long awaited aircraft programs, namely, G500 and Global 7500 from Gulfstream and Bombardier respectively. However, the industry’s expectation for a long awaited breakout of demand growth from the typical range bound movement; which has become the new normal for the industry; is likely to be missed in 2018 as well.
Relevance & Usefulness of the Report:
The report will be useful for:
- Competitive Assessment, Comparative Analysis & Strategic Planning
- Overall Strategic Equation & Quantified, Numeric SFAS score for each Company based on analysis of Strategic Positioning, Market Dynamics & Responsiveness.
- Holistic, Comparative Analysis on & Ranking of the industry OEMs based on SFAS Scores.
- Analysis of degree of Congruence between Emerging Market Landscape & Strategy focus across OEMs
- Identifying & highlighting areas for making potential Strategic Changes, Adjustments & Realignment
- Analysis & Assessment of Emerging Market, Technology Trends & Developments
- Analysis of Forces Driving as well as restraining the Industry & their overall Dynamics
- Analysis of Market Evolution with Medium Term Demand Growth Projections & Outlook
For Whom: Key Decision-Makers across Industry Value Chain
The report will be essential & a key resource for those associated with and having strategic interest in the Global Business Jet Market.
The report will be especially useful for:
- Key Decision-Makers
- Program Managers
- Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies
- Industry OEMs
- Business Jet Operators
- Suppliers, Vendors, Technology & MRO Services Providers and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain
- Existing & potential Investors
- Industry & Company Analysts
- M&A Advisory Firms
- Strategy & Management Consulting Firms
- PE Firms, Venture Capitalists and Financing & Leasing Companies
- Researchers and all those associated with the industry in general
Section - 1
Business Structure & Snapshot – For each of the Top 5 Business Jet OEMs
c) Business Segments
f) Market Capitalization
g) Key Executives
h) Shareholding/Ownership Pattern & Structure
Section - 2
Financial Performance Snapshot & Analysis – Charts & Analysis for each Company:
1. Revenue Base & Growth Trend
2. Revenues Split by Key Segments
3. Revenues Split by Key Geographic Markets & Regions
4. Gross Earnings & Margin Trend
5. Operating Earnings & Operating Margin Trend
6. Return on Sales Trend
7. Profitability Growth Trend
8. Cash Flow from Operations
9. R&D Expenditure Trend
10. CAPEX Trend
11. Order Intake & Deliveries Trend
12. Order Backlog Position & Growth Trend
Section – 3
Internal Factor Analysis Summary (IFAS) Matrix – For each of the Top 5 OEMs
- Quantified Strategic Factors categorized under Strengths
- Quantified Strategic Factors categorized under Weaknesses
Section – 4
External Factor Analysis Summary (EFAS) Matrix
- Quantified Strategic Factors categorized under Opportunities
- Quantified Strategic Factors categorized under Threats
Section - 5
Strategic Factor Analysis Summary (SFAS) Matrix – With reprioritization, quantification & ranking of respective strategic factors deriving from IFAS & EFAS matrices.
- Quantified Sources of Strengths which could be Leveraged
- Quantified Weaknesses to be Worked Upon
- Opportunities to be Capitalized Upon & their Quantification to Assess Degree of Relevance & Usefulness
- Threats to be Mitigated, Negated & Overcome & their Quantification to Assess Potential Degree of Impact
Section – 6
Comparative Ranking of Industry Players - based on SFAS Scores
- Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
- Bombardier Inc.
- Dassault Aviation S.A.
- Textron Aviation
- Embraer S.A.
Section – 7
Global Business Jet Market – Force Field Analysis - Analysis of Driving & Restraining Forces and their Overall Dynamics
- Driving Forces
- Restraining Forces
Section – 8
Key Market & Technology Trends - Analysis of Key Trends poised to Shape & Transform the future
Section – 9
Key Issues, Challenges & Risk Factors
Section – 10
- Global Business Jet Market - Strategic Outlook through 2027
- Analysis of Emerging Market Scenario for Business Jets
- Global Demand Outlook for Business Jets - Forecast to 2027