In the report, the following major applications have been taken into consideration: roofing and walls, water and waste management, building structures, tunnel liners, and bridges and highways. Among these, roofing and walls is the largest application, and it is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period.
Based on type, waterproofing membranes are commercially available in the form of cold-liquid applied membranes, hot liquid applied membranes, fully adhered sheets, and loose laid sheets. Waterproofing membranes can be broadly segmented, based on the raw material used, into modified bitumen, PVC, TPO, EPDM, HDPE, and LDPE, amongst others.
Increase in Residential Construction
According to data from the US Census Bureau, total construction spending increased 6.5% from the previous year in 2017. Construction spending totaled a value worth USD 917.0 billion through the first nine months of 2017, a 4.3% increase over the same period in 2016. Construction activities are expected to remain strong throughout 2018. With the increase in construction activities, the implementation of water proofing membranes is expected to increase, and hence, drive the market. Increasing demand from developing nations further pushes the market for waterproofing membranes in different potential applications, including roofing and water management applications.
Growing Demand for Bituminous Waterproofing Membranes in India
Population growth, rapid urbanization, and government incentives have compelled a large number of infrastructure companies and builders to invest in this sector. This has led to a construction boom in India. With increased end-user awareness of preventive waterproofing and stringent quality mandates from the government, waterproofing solutions in India are likely to witness a period of aggressive growth over the next few years. Increased consumer awareness, R&D initiatives, and strong channel relations are expected to ensure growth in the country.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate Market Growth
Asia-Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest-growing market for waterproofing membranes, in terms of both value and volume, during the forecast period. China and India are the two main markets for waterproofing membranes in Asia-Pacific. The Chinese building & construction industry has the largest share in Asia-Pacific, which resulted in an increased growth of the waterproofing membranes market. In addition, under building & construction industry, relatively high growth was observed in 2017, in the commercial building & construction segment as well as high-end real estate. In addition, introduction of energy saving policies is also expected to drive the demand for waterproofing membranes in both China and India.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018: Dexshell filed a new waterproofing patent for a technique of lamination process that features in the firm’s MY18 sock and headgear portfolio. This has enabled their business to create greater level of flexibility in garments.
- January 2018: Sika acquired a majority stake in Index Construction Systems and Products, a leading manufacturer of roofing and waterproofing systems, headquartered close to Verona, Italy. The company generates annual sales of CHF 115 million.
- December 2017: Sika added expansion joint and pre-compressed sealant manufacturer, EMSEAL Joint Systems Ltd, to its capacity to provide comprehensive foundation-to-roof building waterproofing solutions.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future global waterproofing membrane market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Raw Material Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Usage in Mining Sector
4.1.2 Growing Construction Industry in Asia-Pacific
4.1.3 Increasing Disposable Income and Rising infrastructural Expenditure in the Developing Countries
4.2.1 Competition from Eco-friendly Alternatives
4.2.2 Plummeting Oil and Petrochemicals Prices
4.3.1 New Emerging Markets and Applications
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Cold Liquid Applied Membranes
5.1.2 Hot Liquid Applied Membranes
5.1.3 Fully Adhered Sheets
5.1.4 Loose Laid Sheets
5.2 By Raw Material
5.2.1 Modified Bitumen
5.3 By Application
5.2.1 Roofing and Walls
5.2.2 Water and Waste Management
5.2.3 Building Structures
5.2.4 Tunnel Liners
5.2.5 Bridges and Highways
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 ASEAN Countries
6.1.6 Australia & New Zealand
6.1.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.6 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.4 South Africa
6.5.5 Rest of MEA
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis**
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials** Products & Services, Recent Developments and Analyst View)
9.1 BASF SE
9.2 Carlisle Companies Inc.
9.3 Chryso SAS
9.4 Derbigum Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd
9.5 The Dow Chemical Company
9.6 Firestone Building Products
9.7 Fosroc International Limited
9.8 GAF Materials Corporation
9.9 GSE Environmental
9.10 IKO Industries Ltd
9.11 Johns Manville
9.12 Juta A.S.
9.13 Pidilite Industries Limited
9.14 Renolit SE
9.15 Schluter-Systems Ltd.
9.16 Sika AG
9.17 Solmax International Inc.
9.18 Soprema Group
*List Not Exhaustive
**Subject to feasibility & availability on public domain
- BASF SE
- Carlisle Companies Inc.
- Chryso SAS
- Derbigum Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Firestone Building Products
- Fosroc International Limited
- GAF Materials Corporation
- GSE Environmental
- IKO Industries Ltd
- Johns Manville
- Juta ASS.
- Pidilite Industries Limited
- Renolit SE
- Schluter-Systems Ltd.
- Sika AG
- Solmax International Inc.
- Soprema Group