Blu-ray optical disc format was enroot mutually by the world’s leading consumer electronics manufacturers such as JVC, Apple, LG, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Sony, Sharp and the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA). The majority of the international studio has declared their support for Blu-ray technology and will persist to release new titles in Blu-ray apart from DVD.
Increasing demand for high-quality digital entertainment and growing consumption of video of multiple screens are the major factors boosting the Blu-ray media and devices market. Moreover, the declining prices of Blu-ray consumer devices drive the market growth and development. On other hand, lack of awareness among developing countries is hampering the growth of Blu-ray media and devices market.
The global Blu-ray media and devices market is broadly segmented in terms of media types, storage data, devices, application and geography. On the basis of media types the market is categorized into
- Blu-ray Recordable Disc (BD-R, BD-R LTH)
- Blu-ray Re-Writable Disc (BD-RE)
- Dual-layer recordable (BD-R DL).
- 25GB- single-layer disc and
- 50GB- dual-layer disc
Major Players: Dell Inc., Apple Computer, Inc., Hitachi, Ltd., Hewlett Packard Company, LG Electronics Inc., Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd., Pioneer Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Royal Philips Electronics, and others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Current and future global energy storage market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analysis of various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service team, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Findings
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Factors Driving the Market
3.3 Factors Restraining the Market
3.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
3.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
3.6 Current Opportunities in Market
4. Blu-ray Media and Devices Market -By Media Type
4.1 Blu-ray Recordable Disc
4.1.2 BD-R LTH
4.2 Dual-layer recordable (BD-R DL)
4.3 Blu-ray Re-Writable Disc (BD-RE)
5. Blu-ray Media and Devices Market - By Data Storage
5.1 25GB- single-layer disc
5.2 50GB- dual-layer disc
6. Blu-ray Media and Devices Market - By Devices
6.1 Streaming Media Device
6.2 Blu-ray Players
6.3 Blu-ray Discs
6.4 Blu-ray disc personal computer (BD PC) drives.
7. Blu-ray Media and Devices Market - By Application
7.1 Audio/Video recording
7.2 Movie Releases
8. Global Blu-ray Media and Devices Market -By Region
8.1 North America
8.3 Asia Pacific
8.4 Latin America
8.5 Middle East and Africa
9. Competitive Intelligence
10. Company Profiles
10.1 Dell Inc.
10.1.2 Major Products and Services
10.1.4 Recent Developments
10.2 Apple Computer, Inc.
10.2.2 Major Products and Services
10.2.4 Recent Developments
10.3 Hitachi, Ltd.
10.3.2 Major Products and Services
10.3.4 Recent Developments
10.4 Hewlett Packard Company
10.4.2 Major Products and Services
10.4.4 Recent Developments
10.5 LG Electronics Inc.
10.5.2 Major Products and Services
10.5.4 Recent Developments
10.6 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
10.6.2 Major Products and Services
10.6.4 Recent Developments
10.7 Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.
10.7.2 Major Products and Services
10.7.4 Recent Developments
10.8 Pioneer Corporation
10.8.2 Major Products and Services
10.8.4 Recent Developments
10.9 Royal Philips Electronics
10.9.2 Major Products and Services
10.9.4 Recent Developments
10.10 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
10.10.2 Major Products and Services
10.10.4 Recent Developments
10.11 Sony Corporation
10.11.2 Major Products and Services
10.11.4 Recent Developments
10.12 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
10.12.2 Major Products and Services
10.12.4 Recent Developments
10.13 Sharp Corporation
10.13.2 Major Products and Services
10.13.4 Recent Developments
10.14 TDK Corporation
10.14.2 Major Products and Services
10.14.4 Recent Developments
11. Investment Analysis
11.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
11.2 Investor Outlook
12. Future of Global Blu-ray Media and Devices Market