- How many physicians were reached by Fentanyl Patch through reportable promotional activity in 2017 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Pain - Opioids market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend for each type of activity?
- How does Mylan's depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Family Medicine, and Internal Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Fentanyl Patch throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Fentanyl Patch in 2017?
- The author leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. More than four years of longitudinal data is available - covering payments to more than 975,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 500 paid interactions across 400 physicians made on behalf of Fentanyl Patch were carefully examined to support our analysis.