The rising demand for intelligent sensors to equip microprocessors and provide greater visibility the performance of the machine/instrument has created an increased focus on the adoption of level sensors. The stringent regulations in developed regions, such as the United Kingdom, Germany, and the United States, in addition to supportive government initiatives, are anticipated to increase the adoption of water treatment technologies, in emerging economies. The ability to offer higher accuracy, efficiency, easy installation, and maintenance is anticipated to drive the growth of the level sensor market.
Pharmaceutical Industry to Account for a Considerable Share
Precision and accuracy in level measurement are critical in drug manufacturing. Ensuring that the final product is within required tolerances, which were not traditionally easy, is made possible with the use of level sensors. Drug manufacturers face several challenges related to level measurement (including calibration verification by ISO/FDA standards, the reliability of the system under changing process conditions, and conformance to bioprocess standards), which have augmented the demand for level sensing. Therefore, pharmaceutical companies are focusing on being certified by government agencies, maintaining flawless processes, and complying with the standards of various health-related international organizations. Further, with the adoption of automation across pharmaceutical industries, the need for level sensors has witnessed a significant growth.
North America Expected to Account for the Largest Market Share
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the market studied, driven by the increased investments in automation and focus on efficiency of processes, across the pharmaceutical, oil and gas, and food processing industries. The growth of the Asia-Pacific segment is projected to be spurred by the presence of a considerable number of sensor manufacturers in Korea, China, and Japan. Further, the rising concern toward the environment and focus on water and water management projects are expected to positively influence the market’s growth, in this region. The Europe segment is anticipated to record healthy growth, owing to the evolving regulatory landscape in the region, which has forced manufacturers to focus on greater quality and accuracy, in the pharmaceutical and food industries.
Key Developments in the Market
- July 2018 - Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) launched a new solution to help operations and maintenance personnel to monitor midstream gas metering systems. This solution includes level sensors that are of significant importance for level measurement, in the oil and gas industry.
- May 2017 - SAP and Endress+Hauser collaborated to develop Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications, for the process industry. This collaboration is expected to bolster the company’s level sensor segment, a significant component of IIoT.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future level sensor market outlook, in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segments that are expected to dominate the market studied
- The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth, during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Level Sensors Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Trend of Automation in the Food Processing Industry
4.2.2 Need for Precision in Measurement
4.2.3 Growing Adoption of IIoT across Industries
4.3 Level Sensors Market Restraints
4.3.1 Technical Constraints Related to Repeatability
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry
5. Global Level Sensor Market Segmentation
5.1 Level Sensors Market By Type
5.1.1 Continuous Level
5.1.2 Point Level
5.2 Level Sensors Market By Technology
5.2.4 Other Technologies
5.3 Level Sensors Market By End User
5.3.1 Power Generation
5.3.2 Oil and Gas
5.3.6 Food Processing
5.3.7 Building Materials
5.3.8 Other End Users
5.4 Level Sensors Market By Geography
5.4.1 North America Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
188.8.131.52 United States Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
184.108.40.206 Canada Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
5.4.2 Europe Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
220.127.116.11 Germany Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
18.104.22.168 France Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.4.3 Asia-Pacific Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
188.8.131.52 China Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
184.108.40.206 India Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
220.127.116.11 Japan Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa Level Sensors Market Size (2018-2023)
6. Level Sensors Market Companies
6.1 ABB Ltd
6.2 SICK AG
6.3 Ametek Inc.
6.4 BinMaster Inc.
6.5 Emerson Electric Co.
6.6 Bindicator (A Subsidiary of Fortive Corporation)
6.7 Honeywell International Inc.
6.8 Endress + Hauser AG
6.9 Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH
6.10 TE Connectivity Ltd
6.11 Siemens AG
*List Not Exhaustive
7. Level Sensors Market Investment Analysis
8. Future of the Global Level Sensor Market
- ABB Ltd
- SICK AG
- Ametek Inc.
- BinMaster Inc.
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Bindicator (A Subsidiary of Fortive Corporation)
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Endress + Hauser AG
- Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH
- TE Connectivity Ltd
- Siemens AG