Blockchain is one of those buzz words you can hardly miss in the media these days. Yes, it was propelled to the public imagination with the rise of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, but the technology can have many other uses cases beyond moving money from one side of the planet to the other.
In fact, it is now in minds of many tech giants and even governments which can clearly see blockchain’s power to transform how businesses operate by decentralizing business models, creating more efficient processes, and providing a more secure and reliable way to exchange data.
The healthcare industry is one of the sectors where blockchain can really prove its worth. For one thing, it can reduce the liability and accuracy concerns related to the exchange of medical data, while providing cryptographic security to protect patient identity "out of box." Eventually, every patient will have its own "data wallet" to store and manage his/her medical records, and provide third parties with access to that data when needed.
Beyond health records, the technology could also be used to automate many administrative tasks in healthcare, thus removing human errors in areas such as payment processing and claim adjudication, which in turn could lead to improved accuracy and reduced costs.
Another use case for blockchain is in the supply chain management, where a decentralized network could help medical supplier and pharmaceutical companies better track how their products are moving from the production facilities around the world to a local pharmacy and to the patient.
And that’s just a start… In this research brief, we’ll take a look at some of the use cases for blockchain in the healthcare space. As the possibilities of and interest in the technology grow, more companies will be jumping on the bandwagon, creating even better solutions some of which we may not be able to imagine today. And that, we think, is what the idea of progress is all about.
Is This The Report For You?
The "Blockchain in Healthcare" report is primarily made for today's busy people, including:
- Executives from the wider healthcare and pharma space (healthcare providers, insurers, CROs, specialty labs, drug makers, etc).
- Smart physicians looking to familiarize themselves with modern technologies
- Government-employed healthcare professionals
- The NGO sector involved in the healthcare space
- Investors in the digital health/health IT space
- Healthcare business analysts
As well as for everyone else looking to advance his/her career by being ahead of the curve.
Cryptocurrencies are one thing, blockchain is something completely different. The technology is here to stay and make some big waves.
The question is not whether you should learn about blockchain; the question is can you afford NOT to. Buy this report and never look back. There is a 30-day money back guarantee so you have nothing to lose.
1. About this research brief
3. Blockchain Basics
- What is Blockchain?
- How Blockchain Works?
- Public & Private Blockchains
- Side Chains, Child Chains, On-Chain and Off-Chain Data
- Business Use Cases for Blockchain
- Blockchain Glossary
- Blockchain and GDPR
5. Blockchain & Healthcare
- Supply Chain
- Health Records and Interoperability
- Patient Matching
- Patient Engagement
- Care Coordination
- Insurance Claims Processing
- Clinical Trials
- Fighting the Opioid Epidemic
- And more…
6. Projects & Initiatives
- IBM Working With the FDA, CDC to Study the Use of Blockchain to Improve Public Health
- Healthcare Giants Testing a Blockchain-Based System to Tackle Care Provider Data Issues
- Mount Sinai Has a Center for Biomedical Blockchain Research
- Nokia Testing Blockchain For Sharing Personal Health Data Via Wearable Smartwatch
- BlackBerry Working with ONEBIO to Create a Blockchain-Based Ecosystem for Medical Data
- MediBloc, Massachusetts General Hospital Collaborate on Blockchain- and AI-based Initiatives
- UNODC, Doc.com Team-up to Launch Blockchain-Based Telemedicine and Telepsychology in East Africa
- Aetna, Anthem, HCSC, PNC Bank and IBM to Establish a Blockchain-Based Ecosystem for the Healthcare Industry
- MetLife Testing New Blockchain Health Insurance Product That Eliminates Claims
- Bitfury, Longenesis and MDW To Create a Next-Gen Platform for Medical Imaging and Diagnostics Data
8. List of Companies
- AHA Health
- Block Verify
- BowHead Health
- Change Healthcare
- Clinical Blockchain
- Coral Health
- GYM Rewards
- Hashed Health
- Health Linkages
- Health Wizz
- HIT Foundation
- Hypertrust X-Chain
- Kalibrate Blockchain
- Lancor Scientific
- Medable Insight
- Nebula Genomics
- Open Health Network
- Opu Labs
- Peer Ledger
- Proof Work
- SimplyVital Health
- Sober Network
- The LinkLab
- Witty Health